Politics And Current Events

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:42 am

Honestly, houses that don't have video feeds in this day and age, especially if you're running for political office is entirely strange. I get this dude is pushing 70, but I'm not doing anything public facing without my property being as secure as possible.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:29 am

Dick Ringer, 69

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:34 am

If you can't full out a **** idiot-proof ballot correctly then you don't deserve to vote

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:38 am

I'm going to keep my mouth shut on that one. It's just vague enough that I can see it being a setup.
Lol not that I'm passing judgment but talking about your handedness to justify your story in that situation seems like one of those overly detailed lie scenarios haha

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:40 am

I'm going to keep my mouth shut on that one. It's just vague enough that I can see it being a setup.
Lol not that I'm passing judgment but talking about your handedness to justify your story in that situation seems like one of those overly detailed lie scenarios haha
Are you still having doubts about the authenticity of the Paul Pelosi incident?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:43 am

I could not care less about the Pelosi incident

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:44 am

So that's a yes then.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:51 am

Why would I care about Paul Pelosi's gay lover quarrel

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:57 am

I've only seen a little bit about this...but isn't the attacker saying that he was on a mission to take out [conspiratorial leaders or whatever]...? Where's the "in" for the gay prostitute angle...?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:57 am

So that's a yes then.
It's not a yes. Why would I want to expend brain power being a party to such a mind numbing circle jerk that is the public reaction to the paul Pelosi incident

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:01 am

I've only seen a little bit about this...but isn't the attacker saying that he was on a mission to take out [conspiratorial leaders or whatever]...? Where's the "in" for the gay prostitute angle...?
It's a vibe based.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:05 am

So that's a yes then.
It's not a yes. Why would I want to expend brain power being a party to such a mind numbing circle jerk that is the public reaction to the paul Pelosi incident
I thought that you were skeptical of the story when it first broke?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:13 am

So that's a yes then.
Why would I be skeptical? Or are you just trolling

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:16 am

So that's a yes then.
Why would I be skeptical? Or are you just trolling
Not trolling. I thought that was you who said that. Apologies then.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:31 am

Is Arizona the new Florida?

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:34 am

An assassination attempt on the third ranking member of the US govt is of no concern, move along. The fact that the dope wasn't smart enough to make sure she was there notwithstanding.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:43 am

I am kind of hoping there is a reverse polling gap this year. The argument two years ago was that GOP voters would not disclose their choices to pollsters out of fear of being retaliated against. Even if I was prone to putting yard signs out, I would never put a sign up for a D in a red area. No way.

The idea that Herschel Walker could run as a faith and freedom candidate with all of his baggage and still get elected is quite the commentary on where we're at.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:55 am

I am kind of hoping there is a reverse polling gap this year. The argument two years ago was that GOP voters would not disclose their choices to pollsters out of fear of being retaliated against. Even if I was prone to putting yard signs out, I would never put a sign up for a D in a red area. No way.

The idea that Herschel Walker could run as a faith and freedom candidate with all of his baggage and still get elected is quite the commentary on where we're at.
Yeah, I don't know how to address response bias here, I don't think it has a partisan lean one way or the other. I think the marked difference this cycle is the sheer volume of scam calls people receive on an hourly basis. So basically, no one is going to answer the phone, so how does the population of people answering unknown numbers reflect the broader populace at all?

So, I am guessing polling is just a reflection of registration numbers in a particular district.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:57 am

All I know is that I'm getting about 6 pieces of junk mail everyday from politicians. I'm almost to the point where I'll vote for whomever gives me the least amount of junk

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:04 pm

:thumb:

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:10 pm

#WeDontNeedAWalker

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:18 pm

Yeah, I don't know how to address response bias here, I don't think it has a partisan lean one way or the other. I think the marked difference this cycle is the sheer volume of scam calls people receive on an hourly basis. So basically, no one is going to answer the phone, so how does the population of people answering unknown numbers reflect the broader populace at all?

So, I am guessing polling is just a reflection of registration numbers in a particular district.
Saw this just come through my feed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/01/upsh ... terms.html

Basically yeah, response bias makes the polls very noisy, so they basically just weight based on registration.

So, yeah, polls are useless.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:18 pm

All I know is that I'm getting about 6 pieces of junk mail everyday from politicians. I'm almost to the point where I'll vote for whomever gives me the least amount of junk
I'm getting constant spam texts about politics. It's very heavily against Fetterman, and I don't know what I did to get on the list, but I can't get off of it.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:19 pm

I'm getting constant spam texts about politics. It's very heavily against Fetterman, and I don't know what I did to get on the list, but I can't get off of it.
Party registration.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:22 pm

I'm a registered democrat and I get tons of anti fetterman stuff via text spam as well. I mean I get some from the other side, but the majority of it is Anti-Fetterman stuff.

The amount of mail daily too is awful. Every single commercial on tv is a political ad as well.