Politics And Current Events

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:56 am

Democrat constituency needs to step it up, amirite?

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:02 am

Steny hoyer speaks very well.

Can't wait for human filth Jim jordan to talk next.
Decided to look up Gym’s district because it amazes me that people manage to vote for him. Look at this gerrymandered shitshow:

Guess they needed as much land as possible to outweigh all the liberals in Oberlin.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:06 am

How **** up is it that republicans are basically saying they won't vote for impeachment because they are worried their supporters will kill them?
Majorly. They made the bed. They lay in it.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:08 am

Here's our man Jim Jordan. As always, he seems angry and confused.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 am

'We can't further divide our nation!' is such a lame cop out excuse from these spineless cowards.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:18 am

TIL that they have panic buttons in the offices. At least, most of them do?

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:19 am

"We can't further divide our nation!"

"Okay, tell people that the election wasn't stolen."

"Wait, no, I didn't mean it like that."

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:21 am

"We can't further divide our nation!"

"Okay, tell people that the election wasn't stolen."

"Wait, no, I didn't mean it like that."
Exactly.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 am

Look at this gerrymandered shitshow:
Pretty incredible... to drive from Lorain/Avon Lake area (North East corner of his district) to Bluffton (the tip of the western arm of his district). It would take ~2 hours. To drive it via the route of his district (Over to Sandusky, down to Marion, down to Urbana, over to Coldwater, and up to Bluffton... 6 hours.

Seems there should be some sort of mathematical equation that you could apply to districts and say "nope...too gerrymandered". I don't know what that is or where the line should be drawn... maybe an area to perimeter ratio?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 86678.html

Seems as if more and more, there may have been a group there that actually was trying to cause harm, than just be aloof protestors like predicted early.
Panic buttons installed in Alyssa Pressley’s congressional office were torn out before rioters stormed the Capitol last week, her staff have said.

Sarah Groh, who serves as Ms Pressley’s chief of staff, was with the congresswoman when president Donald Trump’s supporters stormed the US Capitol building last Wednesday.

She told the Boston Globe that she had reached for the panic buttons installed in Ms Pressley’s office as they tried to barricade themselves in.

But, when they went to press panic buttons, Ms Pressley’s staff saw that they weren’t there, and appeared to have been ripped out.
That being said, there's a lot of this and that going on. All of this would be a slam dunk if there were pictures.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 am

Yeah, the panic button stuff and representative-led 'recon tours' are getting a little suspect to me. Come with proof or you're going to lose me.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 am

'We can't further divide our nation!' is such a lame cop out excuse from these spineless cowards.
yep. if Congress does nothing it WILL further divide the country. you cannot allow Trump to go "unpunished". it sets a very dangerous precedent for years to come.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:38 am

Yeah, the panic button stuff and representative-led 'recon tours' are getting a little suspect to me. Come with proof or you're going to lose me.
I agree. If that's the case and the terrorists were in cahoots with a few members of congress, turn that **** over to the FBI and arrest their asses.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:43 am

"Mr. Speaker, in closing, I oppose this rule and oppose the majority's actions today. After the traumatic events of last week, the majority should be taking steps to unite us. Instead they are only dividing us further. They're rushing to judgment in my opinion and bringing up impeachment after failing to follow any meaningful process whatsoever."
OK so what's the process for a president inciting violence...oh it's impeachment?

This pushes me so much further away from the party of the constitution. These people hammer all day long about how the constitution matters. Their leader has just straight dumped on it for 60+ days, and now it's about the people, and rushing the process.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:45 am

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 am

Look at this gerrymandered shitshow:
Pretty incredible... to drive from Lorain/Avon Lake area (North East corner of his district) to Bluffton (the tip of the western arm of his district). It would take ~2 hours. To drive it via the route of his district (Over to Sandusky, down to Marion, down to Urbana, over to Coldwater, and up to Bluffton... 6 hours.

Seems there should be some sort of mathematical equation that you could apply to districts and say "nope...too gerrymandered". I don't know what that is or where the line should be drawn... maybe an area to perimeter ratio?
Personally I'm impressed by the very upper right hand tip of this work of art. Narrowly avoids the city of Lorain (home of a unionized steel mill, old school democratic) to the west of the district but captures avon and north Ridgeville (both affluent).

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:48 am

Good lord.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:49 am

What’s the sign some of those people are flashing in that loony Lauren pic?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:49 am

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:50 am

Still waiting on what the other 5% of conservative thought is about.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:50 am

What’s the sign some of those people are flashing in that loony Lauren pic?
Only thing I could maybe figure is a call-sign to the 3%ers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Percenters

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:52 am

Right. And that makes sense. I guess the question is, were these 'guided tours' just regular tourist stuff? I mean, that's how terrorists gain intel. Or were these ad-hoc tours coordinated with the blessing of the representative to further the terroristic objective?

I'm not taking a stance either way. Just that I'm not willing to take that extra step that the inference would imply, yet. Nor am I absolving anyone of anything.

Trying to strike a balance between every attention seeking rep v. substantiated facts.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:52 am

I'm sure it's some sort of hand sign that someone on 4chan made up as a joke and they took it seriously...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 am

Source of the post Trying to strike a balance between every attention seeking rep v. substantiated facts.
Which is damn near impossible these days.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 am

I think there's room for pause when it was Lauren Boebert, doing the tour if that's true.

If it was just a tour-guide, I think I'm on the side of it being nothing.

But if newcomer Lauren Boebert who's been causing all kind of **** is in cahoots, well.