Colossal TV Show thread

MR25

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MR25 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:45 am

Ted Lasso
Is it a love rectangle? Jack wants Keeley, Keeley is having second thoughts about Jamie, Roy still has it for Keeley, and Shandy wants anything that moves. The predicted yet unwanted Nate redemption arc is set. He's seen Rupert is a clown and keeps wanting to apologize to Ted because he knows right from wrong. Rebecca's family is the team, not children of her own. A big question is will the series end with Ted and Michelle back together? That smile at the end of their phone call was probably the first time in their relationship that he's voiced displeasure and seemed like a tangible human to her in a very long time. The constant optimism is what drove her away, is this an opening to come back.
A lot has happened in the last two episodes, I have a feeling some will never get unpacked. Like Colin is gay. Um, okay. Not sure I need a major storyline on it because the main characters already have enough going. There's a part of me that really hopes they release a mock Trent Crimm book on the season too. It'd be worth the read.
I agree and echo your sentiments. I personally believe that the series ends with him moving back to the states to be with his estranged wife. Also, Jamie will score the GWG in the final game of the season, cementing his place as the top player on the squad. I really want that to happen.
Jamie's redemption-esque arc has been one of my favorite things on the show.
I love Jamie's redemption, but it's almost coming too easily. I hope for a hiccup somewhere during the season because change is a lot harder than they're making it, I feel.
Wouldn't Zava showing up and Jamie getting pissy about it be a hiccup?

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:28 am

Man, if they get it close to the books...it's gonna be good.

I attempted to watch Extrapolations, which might be the first Apple TV+ miss. Just a really heavy handed eco-calamity series with a great cast. Couldn't get through the first episode.
Already had a reminder to download this once released.

LeopardLetang

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:55 pm

Is the Leftovers worth watching

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:59 pm

Tried to watch Lasso last night, and I got the “I’m not in the mood for Ted” response from the wife.. grrrrr

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:27 pm

Tried to watch Lasso last night, and I got the “I’m not in the mood for Ted” response from the wife.. grrrrr
How is that even possible? It's the most laid back, funny, easy watch show in like forever.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:28 pm

No clue… I think she just wanted to read instead.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:45 pm

Outrageous.

Kane

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Kane » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:27 pm

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:58 am

I think so. It gets weird. Really weird. But it's a heck of a ride.

LeopardLetang

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:06 am

I think so. It gets weird. Really weird. But it's a heck of a ride.
Interesting. Thanks. I watched the first ep. I'll keep going

count2infinity

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:59 pm

Watched Ted Lasso this evening. Agreed with most of the spoilers above…
I love Jamie’s redemption arc. I also enjoyed him correcting people’s English the last episode.

I figured they wouldn’t beat Nate this go around. I’d wager money on them doing so at Richmond though.

Ted is healing, or a work in progmess as he calls it. I want a sticker or shirt that says that.

My wife and I also see it ending with him moving back to the states… I don’t know how many seasons are planned, but it wouldn’t surprise me for it to happen sooner rather than later.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:09 pm

Finishing season 2 of Succession. God, these are terrible people.

Why do I keep watching?

I can’t decide who is worst… Connor is insufferable. Roman is so sleazy but hilarious. Tom is an absolute moron.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:06 pm

I remember being thoroughly bored when I watched the first season.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:15 am

I love Jamie’s redemption arc. I also enjoyed him correcting people’s English the last episode.

I figured they wouldn’t beat Nate this go around. I’d wager money on them doing so at Richmond though.

Ted is healing, or a work in progmess as he calls it. I want a sticker or shirt that says that.

My wife and I also see it ending with him moving back to the states… I don’t know how many seasons are planned, but it wouldn’t surprise me for it to happen sooner rather than later.
It was announced that this is the final season.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:45 am

Have they officially announced that yet? Or just that Sudeikis only wanted to do three seasons?

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:52 am

Have they officially announced that yet? Or just that Sudeikis only wanted to do three seasons?
Last month he said that it was, and then I search this morning and now some are casting doubt on that... wtf. Not that I wouldn't welcome a season 4, so long as they don't drag it out for the sake of keeping it going.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:30 am

I keep waiting for the scene that we watched them film in Richmond and I’m realizing as the season progresses that it was very likely the end scene to a later episode or perhaps even the finale.

As far as when the series should end, it feels like the story is progressing to its natural end point. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was it but you know Apple is going to throw a boatload of money at them.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:31 am

Wife and I just started Yellowjackets. 4 episodes in, :thumb:

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:05 pm

Succession
Well damn.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:55 pm

Succession
Well damn.
That was something else. Some of the best TV I've ever seen. They did the death scene with the kids in a single 30 minute take. Unreal.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:47 pm

Succession
Well damn.
That was something else. Some of the best TV I've ever seen. They did the death scene with the kids in a single 30 minute take. Unreal.
Yep. Absolutely one of the best episodes of television in recent memory. Performances were unreal. I haven’t really been feeling invested in this show lately but man that episode is a game changer in a way that i haven’t felt since the red wedding. Wedding episodes, man.

Joegap

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Joegap » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:37 pm

It's taking everything in me to not click the Succession spoilers. I heard the episode was nuts, and can't wait to watch

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:51 pm

It's taking everything in me to not click the Succession spoilers. I heard the episode was nuts, and can't wait to watch
I almost forgot it was on last night, and boy, am I glad I was able to watch it as it aired. It was spoiled to **** for me on social media, Apple News, etc. this morning.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:18 pm

I’m still in the middle of Season 3 and saw a vaguely worded spoiler headline around 11pm last night. Trying to binge to catch up.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:44 pm

Succession
Well damn.
Not surprised it happened, but surprised it was so early in the season. Great episode. Wonder if Gerri comes back into play now, as she's been pretty absent this season.