Everything golf

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Fri May 29, 2015 2:01 pm

i would say do it. youll play a lot more. after work if its nice you can sneak out for a quick 9. no hassle. keep your clubs there and let it rock

Silentom

Everything golf

Postby Silentom » Fri May 29, 2015 2:25 pm

anyone have experience with memberships?
Gambling is usually forbidden. Other than that I'd go for it more to just swim and occasionally hit the links. (If I played golf that is. Still only a notion at this point.)

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Fri May 29, 2015 2:45 pm

what do you mean gambling is forbidden?
gambling is illegal at bushwood and i neverrrrr sliiiice

grunthy

Everything golf

Postby grunthy » Fri May 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Gambling is usually forbidden. Other than that I'd go for it more to just swim and occasionally hit the links. (If I played golf that is. Still only a notion at this point.)

Have you ever belonged to a club? Clubs don't care if you wager.

Silentom

Everything golf

Postby Silentom » Fri May 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Have you ever belonged to a club? Clubs don't care if you wager.
Caddyshack joke......

The U

Everything golf

Postby The U » Fri May 29, 2015 3:51 pm

I'm thinking of joining a club when I move to Wilmington. $120 a month (a year contract though) for unlimited golf, tennis and pool.

I guess my only reservation is that I like playing different courses. But I would enjoy the tennis and pool.

There's a public course in Wilmington too for about $25 a round for residents, so if I don't get a membership I can go back and fourth between the public course and the course I'm considering getting a membership for, where it's $30 for 18 for a resident.

I think each region of the country is different, no? Joining a club in Arizona or Florida where there are courses every mile, I would hesitate joining a club and limiting my options. Of course, you can always join this club and play the other courses as many times as you want. $120 per month and there are no greens fees or cart fees? No other dues or initial payment to join?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Fri May 29, 2015 5:15 pm

Most memberships come with exchange days too... or at least the one I did had one. They agree on certain days with other courses that if a member from that course comes there, they're treated as a member of that course for the day. I got to play a lot of good courses around south central PA via exchange days.

MR25

Everything golf

Postby MR25 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:33 pm

PGA TOUR Media ‏@PGATOURmedia
Due to unplayable fairway due to rain on #14 @attbyronnelson, the par-4 hole will play roughly at 100 yards in R2. Still a par-4. #PGATour
PGA TOUR Media ‏@PGATOURmedia
Official yardage for the par-4 14th hole during R2 @attbyronnelson is 104 yards. #PGATour
Where are these 104 yard par 4s when I'm golfing?
So did they force everyone to take a one-stroke penalty that would have been their drive had the fairways been playable, or were there a bunch of people making eagle on this hole?

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:27 pm

So did they force everyone to take a one-stroke penalty that would have been their drive had the fairways been playable, or were there a bunch of people making eagle on this hole?
Nope, kept it a Par 4, citing scoring concerns.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri May 29, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm thinking of joining a club when I move to Wilmington. $120 a month (a year contract though) for unlimited golf, tennis and pool.

I guess my only reservation is that I like playing different courses. But I would enjoy the tennis and pool.

There's a public course in Wilmington too for about $25 a round for residents, so if I don't get a membership I can go back and fourth between the public course and the course I'm considering getting a membership for, where it's $30 for 18 for a resident.

I think each region of the country is different, no? Joining a club in Arizona or Florida where there are courses every mile, I would hesitate joining a club and limiting my options. Of course, you can always join this club and play the other courses as many times as you want. $120 per month and there are no greens fees or cart fees? No other dues or initial payment to join?
No initiation and I emailed about the cart greens fees and they said you can do unlimited walking and no greens fees.

There are a bunch of courses in Wilmington but they're all expensive and private except for the fully public course.

Also my brother said they changed the 104 yard par 4 to a par 3 mid round. No idea if that's legitimate or not

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Fri May 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Nope, kept it a Par 4, citing scoring concerns.

Early on today, they smartly made it a par 3 and turned the place into a par 69. It especially made sense when Gary Woodland made an ace in the 4th group of the day thru that hole. It did throw a tizzy in the whole scoring system because the Tour had to create a whole new course to make it a par 69 so it wouldn't screw up the stats. It was pretty surreal seeing it...but that fairway was a giant sponge. I walked it and was almost sinking in. Drives would have plugged and may not have been found. So they made the right move. Good news, there's more rain coming overnight so there could be more sillyness tomorrow.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat May 30, 2015 12:49 am

Truth be told, with the once in a millennium rain totals they've had down there, they are lucky to even be getting the tournament in.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Everything golf

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 30, 2015 12:53 am

Yep, it was pretty much the only choice they had.

Insane rain

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sat May 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Truth be told, with the once in a millennium rain totals they've had down there, they are lucky to even be getting the tournament in.
The grounds staff both here and at Colonial last week should get huge raises for the work they've done these 2 weeks. I will be more than happy to get away from the mud after the final round ends tomorrow.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:59 pm

1st time in almost 3 years shooting sub-40 on a set of 9 holes today. Had to make a 10-footer for par on the last to do it. Played the last 13 holes in +4. Hoping that my slump is finally coming to an end.

(Remind me of this when I start snap-hooking it off the tee next round)

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Everything golf

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Clutch putt at the Memorial to send it to the second playoff hole

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:33 am

Who ya got at Chambers Bay? I think this might (keyword: might) be the year that Phil completes the career GS. It sounds like he did a ton of scouting at the course leading up to the tournament, and has a pretty sound game plan in place. Will be awesome to have wall-to-wall coverage (not to mention golf in primetime on Saturday and Sunday).

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:35 am

I like Phil. I heard the course is going to be incredibly difficult so I think a vet will end up having a better shot at winning than a young guy like Rory or Spieth.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:51 am

Top picks: Phil, Fowler, Kuchar
Dark horse: Molinari
Definitely will struggle: Scott, Tiger and Bubba
Not sure what's gonna happen: Speith and Rory

Freddy Rumsen

Everything golf

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Looks like a ton of folks parred the opening hole.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:40 pm

It seems like FS1 has the ambient noise jacked up way too high

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:14 pm

Tiger's group scuffling. Tiger +4, Oosthuizen +4, Fowler +5 through the first nine holes or so. Great day for DJ and Stenson. Stenson is starting to enter "due to win a major" territory with his performances the last several years.

Freddy Rumsen

Everything golf

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:15 pm

This Tiger Woods stuff is worse than Willie Mays with the Mets or Joe Namath with the L.A. Rams...

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Good God. Fowler +8 through the first 9. One bogey, two doubles, and a triple on the ninth.

slappybrown

Everything golf

Postby slappybrown » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Is fowler the clown in the flourescent clothing