Video Games

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:51 am

Rumor has it the building will become a Hobby Lobby. So not only does the convention center go away, but it's going to be a **** Hobby Lobby.
Yeah I read that and hope its not the case. That would really suck.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:22 am

Bless this mess.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:06 pm

Rumor has it the building will become a Hobby Lobby. So not only does the convention center go away, but it's going to be a **** Hobby Lobby.
Well it's official.

https://www.wtae.com/article/monroevill ... y/46752988

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:09 pm

Bummer. Steel City Con feels like it's big enough to move downtown. PGX I'm not so sure.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:13 pm

Bummer. Steel City Con feels like it's big enough to move downtown. PGX I'm not so sure.
I would agree....cost would stop PGX from going to the downtown Convention center, I know how much they paid just to rent out the Monroeville convention center and it was not cheap at all.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:35 am

Started a game called Hades last weekend. I'm hooked. Anyone ever play or hear of it?

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:51 am

I own it, but haven't played it. I believe a sequel has already been announced.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:59 am

Started a game called Hades last weekend. I'm hooked. Anyone ever play or hear of it?
Great game, it's a big hit in my family! Looking forward to the next one.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:33 am

I started Yakuza 0...and its very weird but very addicting. I'm officially down the rabbit hole with the series.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:53 am

I started Yakuza 0...and its very weird but very addicting. I'm officially down the rabbit hole with the series.
Perfect description of the series. :lol:

Infinite Wealth seems to be an improvement over Y7 which isn't shocking since it's their second go round with the new rpg like combat.

I think this game may have the most hateable villains however.

As a side note, if you enjoy the main series, be sure to check out the spinoff series with Judgment and Lost Judgment.

Game takes place in the same world, but instead of playing as Yakuza, you are a detective.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:53 am

Sony has announced that they will not be releasing any "new major existing franchise titles" before May 31, 2025.

Wonder if that means a PS6 is coming sooner than expected or something... Not sure why else they would do something like that.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:58 am

Sony has announced that they will not be releasing any "new major existing franchise titles" before May 31, 2025.

Wonder if that means a PS6 is coming sooner than expected or something... Not sure why else they would do something like that.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all of their first party studios are working on original IP now rather than Spider-Man 3 and God of War 12 or whatever. They did say that the PS5 is entering the "latter stages of its life cycle" which seems bonkers considering you weren't able to walk into a store and buy one for the first two-ish years of its release. Plus the fact that there haven't been many true "next gen" games released on either PS5 or XSX.
https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-enteri ... -sony-says

Speaking of, Xbox will be giving it's state of the business address today to talk about the rumors of exclusives going to PS5/Switch. I'm pretty sure I'll be making the switch to Sony next gen. There's nothing keeping me on Xbox anymore. Even Gamepass isn't worth the money now that they killed the upgrade conversion trick.
Last edited by nocera on Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:59 am

Infinite Wealth seems to be an improvement over Y7 which isn't shocking since it's their second go round with the new rpg like combat.

As a side note, if you enjoy the main series, be sure to check out the spinoff series with Judgment and Lost Judgment.

Game takes place in the same world, but instead of playing as Yakuza, you are a detective.
Like I've done karaoke, done disco dancing, went to a batting cage, retrived various alcohol and food for homeless people, helped out some dudes sound bad ass for a band they were in... and beat lots of people up.

The story is engaging, but the japanese style is just very different from normal US games. Maybe thats why I like it...it's a change of pace. I think I'm only in chapter 2 since I've done a bunch of side stories that popped up.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:02 am

Source of the post Even Gamepass isn't worth the money now that they killed the upgrade conversion trick.
Yep.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:11 am

Source of the post Even Gamepass isn't worth the money now that they killed the upgrade conversion trick.
Yep.
I just checked and my subscription is good until July 17, 2025. I got in not too long before they killed the conversion. I obviously won't be re-subscribing. I've realized that I'm not the type of gamer to jump around to a new game often enough to pay for a subscription game service. I mean, my main 3 games are PUBG (2017), Rocket League (2015), and Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War (2020). The games that I do try out on Game pass don't seem to hold my attention for very long.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:14 am

Yep.
I just checked and my subscription is good until July 17, 2025. I got in not too long before they killed the conversion. I obviously won't be re-subscribing. I've realized that I'm not the type of gamer to jump around to a new game often enough to pay for a subscription game service. I mean, my main 3 games are PUBG (2017), Rocket League (2015), and Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War (2020). The games that I do try out on Game pass don't seem to hold my attention for very long.
Mine is up at the end of May, and the only game I actually play anymore is Halo Infinite, which is free to play. I have $50 in Xbox gift cards that I'll probably just save until the next Mass Effect or Gears title.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:15 am

Started playing Sekiro, very difficult but I think it's going to be a sweet game

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:08 am

Like I've done karaoke, done disco dancing, went to a batting cage, retrived various alcohol and food for homeless people, helped out some dudes sound bad ass for a band they were in... and beat lots of people up.

The story is engaging, but the japanese style is just very different from normal US games. Maybe thats why I like it...it's a change of pace. I think I'm only in chapter 2 since I've done a bunch of side stories that popped up.
Yeah, these games are legendary for the amount of side content. Some of it is fun, some is not... I usually skip all of the traditional Japanese games because I flat out don't understand them and just lose money.

Not sure if you wandered into one of the arcades yet or not, but those are filled with a bunch of old Sega games, as well as the infamous UFO catcher, darts, etc.

The key is to try to just do the stuff you actually enjoy and not get bogged down trying to get full completion, especially in 0.

The best part of 0 is getting to play as Majima, who is present throughout the series, but rarely playable, which is a crime tbh.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:11 am

Yeah, these games are legendary for the amount of side content. Some of it is fun, some is not... I usually skip all of the traditional Japanese games because I flat out don't understand them and just lose money.

Not sure if you wandered into one of the arcades yet or not, but those are filled with a bunch of old Sega games, as well as the infamous UFO catcher, darts, etc.

The key is to try to just do the stuff you actually enjoy and not get bogged down trying to get full completion, especially in 0.

The best part of 0 is getting to play as Majima, who is present throughout the series, but rarely playable, which is a crime tbh.
Yeah getting 100% won't happen haha. These sort of super dialogue intensive games (especially with subtitles) aren't really my thing, but Yakuza is holding my interest so far.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:44 am

Rev up the hype train

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:08 am

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:13 am

Graphics look great...

What a weird "trailer."

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:16 am

Being a teaser it makes sense that it has almost no game content.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:23 am

I missed the word "teaser." The weirdness is really the messaging moreso than the lack of in-game footage. "No, seriously you guys, we're going to make it. I swear" seems like a weird way to hype people up.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:25 am

Still need to see gameplay before I actually get excited.