Politics And Current Events

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:29 pm

They can, its just not worth it to try discussing anything with trolls and pissbabies.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Or maybe they both realize that trying to have a discussion with some of you isn't worth the effort and they'd rather just not deal with it.
:thumb:

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Or maybe they both realize that trying to have a discussion with some of you isn't worth the effort and they'd rather just not deal with it.
Maybe the discussions could be worthwhile if some didn’t just resort to dumbass responses like trump defenders or name calling the moment a difference of opinion is posted.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Thank you for proving the point.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Thank you for proving the point.
Thank you for proving mine as well.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:36 pm

:face:

Yep.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Long rode trip past couple days, aye nobody?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Point proved again.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:41 pm

nobody just provin’points!!

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:42 pm

Yep.
Yep. It is such a trolling post to ask someone to clarify a statement that seems like they said our country was similar to Russia.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Actually if any of you could respond without some kind of insult it wouldn't be bad.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:50 pm

Today marks my final roll call with you.
Yeah...me too. Best wishes to 5AF. Hope you all find your peace. It's been real.
Some of you guys take this stuff waaaayyy too seriously if it actually affects your lives that you can’t read a message board anymore.
To be clear I was simply making a joke. I almost never post in this thread, however, so I don’t blame shmengy for exiting.

I will always have his posts in my heart, forever.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:52 pm

Grandpa Simpson gif

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:52 pm

Yep.
Yep. It is such a trolling post to ask someone to clarify a statement that seems like they said our country was similar to Russia.

But here's how this game (always) plays out:

-Someone answers and clarifies the post after you ask
-You focus on one hyper-specific part and claim that they didn't answer or you try to claim they said something that wasn't there
-They tell you to read the rest of the post
-You get angry because you're still hyper-focused on why they won't clarify that one specific thing
-They get annoyed because, yet again, they made the decision to humor you and you won't listen to what they are trying to say
-You get more angry because they had gotten tired of your act and still never answered about the part you made up or took out of context

Rinse and repeat for literally every issue.

People are tired of it, nobody. Why do you think it always devolves here? It is literally impossible to engage you without you taking things down the shitter.

I don't even know why I'm engaging right now, to be perfectly honest.
Last edited by MR25 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Again, what is even being discussed.

As far as I could tell, people were making fun of conservative "influencers" jumping on an obvious hoax. But it seems like the NP world is making fun of people for defending AOC, or something.
NP's posts make a lot more sense if you imagine them written in poop, on a wall.

Yeah me posting examples of actual things that happened is idiocy. I'd be better served following the lead of all the smart people and come in here daily with fears of nuclear war along with dozens of other ridiculous claims that never, ever come true.

Based on who posted the tweet I assumed we were in for another round of this is Trump giving the secret sign language for violence against AOC. I should have known it was just for a few chuckles. I mean the sense of humor of some people in this thread is off the charts so I definitely misread that one.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:02 pm

Have at it.
I blame Tif

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:04 pm

When you decide what everyone is saying before it is said, this is what you get, dude.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:04 pm

Yep.

But here's how this game (always) plays out:

-Someone answers and clarifies the post after you ask
-You focus on one hyper-specific part and claim that they didn't answer or you try to claim they said something that wasn't there
-They tell you to read the rest of the post
-You get angry because you're still hyper-focused on why they won't clarify that one specific thing
-They get annoyed because, yet again, they made the decision to humor you and you won't listen to what they are trying to say
-You get more angry because they had gotten tired of your act and still never answered about the part you made up or took out of context

Rinse and repeat for literally every issue.

People are tired of it, nobody. Why do you think it always devolves here? It is literally impossible to engage you without you taking things down the shitter.

I don't even know why I'm engaging right now, to be perfectly honest.
I asked MWB to answer my question, because he really didn’t, even after rereading it several times. He then answered it and I proceeded to answer his question about where is my breaking point.

Troy Loney didn’t clarify his until way after I asked him to.

Look at yourself in the mirror. You come in here constantly to demonize other posters.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:10 pm

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:30 pm

This is fine

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:38 pm

I like how that gif title was written by a caveman... Donald Glover fire! Me Kronk. Fire bad.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:42 pm

It's kind of fun seeing what the "extremes" of the political spectrum look like here, compared to real life, compared to twitter life...

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:47 pm

Political spectrum yes. the extremes of people sabatoging communication, not that fun.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:50 pm

What's the difference? :slug:

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 pm

A top CIA lawyer attempted to make a criminal referral to the Justice Department weeks ago based on allegations made in the recently released whistleblower complaint, NBC News reported Friday, citing officials familiar with the matter.
CIA general counsel Courtney Simmons Elwood, who was appointed by President Trump, attempted to make the referral, signaling that she and other officials determined that a crime may have been committed based on the whistleblower's allegations that Trump sought to get a foreign government's assistance in the 2020 election.
The timeline of Elwood's contact with the Department of Justice had been previously reported, but NBC is the first to report that she intended it to be a criminal referral over Trump's conduct.
DOJ later declined to launch a criminal probe into Trump's Ukraine call, saying in a statement that it had determined "there was no campaign finance violation and that no further action was warranted."
Elwood had been part of a conference call with John Eisenberg, chief legal adviser to the White House National Security Council, and top DOJ national security lawyer John Demers on Aug. 14.
Elwood and Eisenberg reportedly told Demers that the whistleblower's claims were worth DOJ scrutiny. Elwood was following rules that say there must be a report if there is a reasonable basis to a whistleblower's accusations, which is defined as "facts and circumstances…that would cause a person of reasonable caution to believe that a crime has been, is being, or will be committed," officials told NBC.
DOJ officials have reportedly said that there were unclear on if Elwood was seeking to make a criminal referral and that she was vague on the subject when they reached out for clarification.