Troy Loney

Politics And Current Events

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:58 am

"both sides"

lol.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:59 am

I don't really have a formed thought on that.

I do think Trump will use the courts to jam up the election results and never concede if he loses.
Like Stacey Abrams still hasn’t conceded? Or Al Gore kept challenging the courts because he couldn’t accept the results?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:59 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:00 am

I don't really have a formed thought on that.

I do think Trump will use the courts to jam up the election results and never concede if he loses.
Like Stacey Abrams still hasn’t conceded? Or Al Gore kept challenging the courts because he couldn’t accept the results?
lol. "both sides"

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:00 am

"both sides"

lol.
Steve Scalise Says hi.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:00 am

Shmenguin went on a several paragraph rant about basically trump will call for unrest.
It's not out of the realm of possibility, though, based on the crap he spews at rallies. Improbable, but not impossible.
He just said this morning that the dems are trying to destroy the republican party, that republicans need to stay together and fight hard because the country is at stake.
Yep. Could only be the beginning.
Gee that's way worse than telling everyone every single day that their children are going to die because Republicans don't believe in weather

Kane

Postby Kane » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:03 am

Shmenguin went on a several paragraph rant about basically trump will call for unrest.
It's not out of the realm of possibility, though, based on the crap he spews at rallies. Improbable, but not impossible.
He just said this morning that the dems are trying to destroy the republican party, that republicans need to stay together and fight hard because the country is at stake.
Gee that's way worse than telling everyone every single day that their children are going to die because Republicans don't believe in weather
Yes, because that has anything to do with the discussion on hand.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:03 am

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:07 am

Less than half the country even votes, and even fewer of those have any idea who their Congressman is, but there's totes going to be a revolt.

I think folks waaaaaaaaaaay overplay how many people are actually plugged into anything or even know what Trump or anyone else puts on Twitter or says on tv.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:09 am

Yeah, absolute worst would be isolated incidents.

Kane

Postby Kane » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:09 am

Less than half the country even votes, and even fewer of those have any idea who their Congressman is, but there's totes going to be a revolt.

I think folks waaaaaaaaaaay overplay how many people are actually plugged into anything or even know what Trump or anyone else puts on Twitter or says on tv.
I get that, but they are usually the most vocal, too.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:09 am

It actually does. If you're scared of some revolt because of what trump says at his rallies, I have no idea what you think calling Republicans child murderers and constantly accusing them of ending the world does.

But people here are completely unserious so there's no comparisons to be made because its always worse because Trump.

Ted

Postby Ted » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 am

As long as the 4G/5G keeps pumping data to smartphones, our sloppy, fat society won’t see a “revolution” of any kind. Very few care about what goes on in Washington D.C., which is probably for the better, because the federal government is for the most part a net negative.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 am

So I guess there will be a couple weeks of protest like when Clinton lost in 2016.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:11 am

I am firmly in the, there are going to be isolated incidents, likely at completely random times. I am not in the camp of outrage, startin a war, etc. If Trump is removed from office.

If you had to ask me which likely causes the most cause for violence? Gun Control or Trump? Gun Control wins % of violence every single time.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:15 am

It actually does. If you're scared of some revolt because of what trump says at his rallies, I have no idea what you think calling Republicans child murderers and constantly accusing them of ending the world does.

But people here are completely unserious so there's no comparisons to be made because its always worse because Trump.

I'd also mention jackasses like AOC helping terms like "concentration camps" being reintroduced into the every day lexicon which helped get ICE offices shot up.

But again, I know that isn't important or it's not the same for some reason or another. The stuff from our fever dreams are way more dangerous.

Kane

Postby Kane » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:15 am

So I guess there will be a couple weeks of protest like when Clinton lost in 2016.
That would be the best outcome, yes.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:16 am

Here's the problem.

There were mass protests on campuses and big city's for years of the Bush admin and I had multiple profs and TA's at Pitt that constantly talked about Bush not conceding the election in 2004 when he was going to lose, and then when was reelected were literally telling dumb kids that Bush was now going to abolish the 22nd Amendment and rule forever.

Then in 2008 I was told McCain was a child killer and a racist

Then in 2012 Mitt Romney hated women and gave people capitalist cancer.

2016 rolls around and there is an actual bad actor becoming President and folks are just tuning out the journalist class who spent the previous 16 years calling lukewarm conservatives racist, chicken hawk, bigots.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:19 am

Yep. The Dems that cried Racist.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:24 am

The fact they are less racist than Trump doesn't change that they were/are racists, chicken hawks, and/or bigots...

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:29 am

The fact they are less racist than Trump doesn't change that they were/are racists, chicken hawks, and/or bigots...
Lol.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:30 am

Is there any situation where conservatives aren't the actual victims?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:31 am

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/repo ... -rationale

Report: Ukraine Dirt Scandal Began As Search For Manafort Pardon Rationale
The report was based off of records provided by someone who’d participated in Trump and Manafort’s joint defense agreement, according to NYRB. The records include notes of conversations that included Giuliani, who’s led the charge for dirt in Ukraine and elsewhere.

Per the report, Trump and Manafort’s legal teams had at least nine conversations related to the effort, aimed at providing a pretext for a pardon. The conversations ranged from the early days of Trump’s presidency to as recently as May 2019.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:35 am

I'm more sick of seeing grunthys tantrums than trump news. Every f*cking post every day.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:38 am

I'm more sick of seeing grunthys tantrums than trump news. Every f*cking post every day.
Cool beans.