Politics And Current Events

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:14 am

Apparently Trump authorized sir strikes against Iran, then remanded the order.
So who (thankfully) talked sense into him?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:16 am

#BREAKING: WATCH the moment an explosion, massive flames engulfed the Philadelphia Energy Solutions refinery in Southwest Philadelphia. We're LIVE on @NBCPhiladelphia https://t.co/MJ4gRoMD0n
Wow...I drive by there occasionally going to and from the Sports Complex. That's nuts.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:27 am

Kind of ridiculous seeing the new's folks buy into the notion that Trump is the one keeping his administration from war.

Yeah, maybe Bolton wouldn't hesitate, but the only reason Trump has held back to this point is because he doesn't want negative media coverage.

This was the logical outcome of the US violating the nuclear deal with Iran.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:43 am

Apparently Trump authorized sir strikes against Iran, then remanded the order.
So who (thankfully) talked sense into him?
Tucker Carlson, probably.

https://www.businessinsider.com/top-aid ... ran-2019-6

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:45 am

I think if Trump goes to war with Iran, he should be continually lambasted for this being nothing more than re-election positioning. This dude is putting people's lives at risk to stay out of real legal trouble.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:59 am

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:02 am

I think if Trump goes to war with Iran, he should be continually lambasted for this being nothing more than re-election positioning. This dude is putting people's lives at risk to stay out of real legal trouble.
I don't even think it's that.

His dipshit son-in-law is acting as errand boy for the Saudis, Israel and the UAE who want to quash Iran. Trump will go to war, he doesn't give a ****. He just wants make sure the media treats him like a war-hero for taking out the pesky Iranians.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:07 am

I don't even think it's that.

His dipshit son-in-law is acting as errand boy for the Saudis, Israel and the UAE who want to quash Iran. Trump will go to war, he doesn't give a ****. He just wants make sure the media treats him like a war-hero for taking out the pesky Iranians.
All of that good-will should go out the window when he veteos the Suadi arms deal, and the GOP justify the reasons for doing it since they left it open for veto.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:11 am

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:18 am

I honestly made it through about half of his responses before I got annoyed that I had to stop and re-read his responses because he can never say a coherent single thought.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:21 am

TIME: But why would you try to limit the investigation only —

TRUMP: I didn’t limit the investigation.

TIME: You dictated a letter —

TRUMP: Excuse me —

TIME: — to Corey Lewandowski telling him to tell [former Attorney General Jeff] Sessions to limit the investigation [to future Russia meddling] —

TRUMP: I could have told Sessions myself if I wanted to. Under Section II —

TIME: He testified under oath —

TRUMP: Excuse me —

TIME: — under threat of prison time, that that was the case Mr. President.

TRUMP: Excuse me — Under Section II — Well, you can go to prison instead, because, if you use, if you use the photograph you took of the letter that I gave you —

TIME: Do you believe that people should be —

TRUMP: confidentially, I didn’t give it to you to take photographs of it — So don’t play that game with me. Let me just tell you something. You take a look —

TIME: I’m sorry, Mr. President. Were you threatening me with prison time?

TRUMP: Well, I told you the following. I told you you can look at this off-the-record. That doesn’t mean you take out your camera and start taking pictures of it. O.K.? So I hope you don’t have a picture of it. I know you were very quick to pull it out — even you were surprised to see that. You can’t do that stuff. So go have fun with your story. Because I’m sure it will be the 28th horrible story I have in TIME Magazine because I never — I mean — ha. It’s incredible. With all I’ve done and the success I’ve had, the way that TIME Magazine writes is absolutely incredible.
Last edited by Troy Loney on Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 am

President Trump said the U.S. military was “cocked and loaded” for a strike against Iran but he called it off when told 150 people would die.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 am

He also followed that up with being Time person of the year request, which sounded awfully bribey.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:38 am

wtf is he even trying to say in any of those

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:45 am

wtf is he even trying to say in any of those
That he can't obstruct justice because of his article II, which I think is something about executive authority. And I guess he showed something to the reporter off the record, who I guess took a picture of it.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:52 am

MASSIVE TDS OUTBREAK IN WASHINGTON!!!!!!!!

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/ ... 20-1374589
When asked whether Trump would commit to conceding the 2020 election if he lost, the Trump reelection campaign turned the issue back on Democrats. It was Stacey Abrams, the rising Democratic star, who actually refused to concede defeat in her bid for the Georgia governorship, an aide noted.

“This question would be better asked of Stacey Abrams, who still refuses to accept that she lost the governor’s race in Georgia, or Hillary Clinton, for that matter, who still whines that her coronation was stolen,” the aide told POLITICO. “It’s also irrelevant, because President Trump will be re-elected in 2020.”
In all seriousness, some posters here are wasting their political talents, they should be working in the white house.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:10 am

lol the fact that Hillary is still used as some sort of rallying cry is so weird.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:17 am

I mean, when you're freaking out over a hypothetical of Trump not accepting a loss in the election, do you honestly expect the fact that Hillary and Stacy Abrams are doing that exact thing to not be mentioned?? How TF do you expect to be taken seriously?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:23 am

I mean, when you're freaking out over a hypothetical of Trump not accepting a loss in the election, do you honestly expect the fact that Hillary and Stacy Abrams are doing that exact thing to not be mentioned?? How TF do you expect to be taken seriously?
Except both can still comment on it, but both still "ended their bids" for campaigns. It's a moot point, they're both spouting sour grapes, but have officially ended their bids.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:27 am

Except both can still comment on it, but both still "ended their bids" for campaigns. It's a moot point, they're both spouting sour grapes, but have officially ended their bids.
Also, they didn't challenge anything in court, nor were they in a position to have to leave office. It's a dumb "whattaboutism", but fitting for a dumb administration.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:44 am

Also, they didn't challenge anything in court, nor were they in a position to have to leave office. It's a dumb "whattaboutism", but fitting for a dumb administration.
In all seriousness, some posters here are wasting their political talents, they should be working in the white house

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:44 am

Going on tour for 3 years and on national television continually saying you were robbed of the presidency by memes and bots: Dumb Whataboutism.

People's imagination of a future occurrence: Super cereal and must be addressed daily for the good of the nation

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:10 am

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:37 am

Going on tour for 3 years and on national television continually saying you were robbed of the presidency by memes and bots: Dumb Whataboutism.

People's imagination of a future occurrence: Super cereal and must be addressed daily for the good of the nation
I feel like the over-simplification of "memes and bots" is worth a discussion in itself, considering it's been verified that the election was tampered with via Russia.

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:49 am

Asking a question isn’t “freaking out.”