WK

dodint
Shyster
Nittany
LBL
nobody
shaf
Freddy

Stop giving me the everybody on this thread is a leftist so to play centrist I have to sound right wing, crap.
There's nothing wrong with being a conservative, just own it already.
Stop acting like everyone posts the same. Shyster only comes in for the gun debates. Dodint doesn’t post in here much. The vast majority of posts in here are done by left leaning posters.

Morkle

Politics And Current Events

Postby Morkle » Thu May 09, 2019 9:37 am

Even as a gun owner, I do think that if someone commits a crime with a weapon that you own (unless reported stolen), you should face some type of legal issue because of enabling the access. I think that's already a thing, but I never see anyone actually get charged with it, post major incident like this.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 am

I'm pretty sure NAN posts here and is a red.

Even if you break down left vs. right in here, seemingly that breaks with how the popular vote played out in the US almost :pop:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 am

NP also sides on the right, iirc

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 am

Even as a gun owner, I do think that if someone commits a crime with a weapon that you own (unless reported stolen), you should face some type of legal issue because of enabling the access. I think that's already a thing, but I never see anyone actually get charged with it, post major incident like this.
Agreed.

I’ve said that in here before, but to small children getting a hold of a weapon.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu May 09, 2019 9:41 am

On the last two pages:
Factorial
MR25
Trip
Troy
c2i
MWB
Gaucho
WK

dodint
Shyster
Nittany
LBL
nobody
shaf
Freddy
Also, for us old timers here and LGP, c2i and mr25 started out as right leaning posters. Morkle too, but he seems mostly just appalled by the objectionably appalling president.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu May 09, 2019 9:42 am

I'm pretty sure I'm considered left, but I voted for Trump, feel bamboozled, and think he's a Russian asset, at the least a dumb asset.

I love guns, I think weed should be legal, I think medical coverage and drug prices are too expensive, I believe anyone that comes here via immigration legally, should be given the options our grandparents were given.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu May 09, 2019 9:42 am

They sued the estate of the mother in the Sandy Hook shooting. The shooter stole her gun and killed her. I would imagine they could press charges in this case as well.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu May 09, 2019 9:44 am

They sued the estate of the mother in the Sandy Hook shooting. The shooter stole her gun and killed her. I would imagine they could press charges in this case as well.
I believe they should face the most severe case of legal recourse that they can receive, then. I'm fine w/guns being as available as they are, but if we're going to say they're serious, at most they need to start enforcing the laws that are in place to a much higher degree.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 09, 2019 9:47 am

Also, for us old timers here and LGP, c2i and mr25 started out as right leaning posters. Morkle too, but he seems mostly just appalled by the objectionably appalling president.
How dare you... I'm as righty mcright face as they come. No partisan hackery here, you sheep.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu May 09, 2019 9:47 am

I believe they should face the most severe case of legal recourse that they can receive, then. I'm fine w/guns being as available as they are, but if we're going to say they're serious, at most they need to start enforcing the laws that are in place to a much higher degree.
In this case it depends how the guns were taken. The parents could have trained the kid to shoot in the chance of a home invasion, had them locked in a safe, and no idea the kid would do something like this. Or they could have carelessly left them around, like you see when young kids accidentally shoot themselves or a sibling.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu May 09, 2019 9:51 am

I'm pretty sure I'm considered left, but I voted for Trump, feel bamboozled, and think he's a Russian asset, at the least a dumb asset.

I love guns, I think weed should be legal, I think medical coverage and drug prices are too expensive, I believe anyone that comes here via immigration legally, should be given the options our grandparents were given.
I hate the trump administration, i think they are inept and full of scam artists. What I can’t stand is when someone believes they are better than the other because of what party they support.

Scandals happen in every administration. This one just doesn’t care to hide them and does them constantly.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 am

How dare you... I'm as righty mcright face as they come. No partisan hackery here, you sheep.
I just wonder what kind of bubble someone needs if a board full of white male hockey fans is too left wing for you.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu May 09, 2019 9:52 am

In this case it depends how the guns were taken. The parents could have trained the kid to shoot in the chance of a home invasion, had them locked in a safe, and no idea the kid would do something like this. Or they could have carelessly left them around, like you see when young kids accidentally shoot themselves or a sibling.
So in regards to the safe, you're given a key, and make a code, usually. Ultimately imo, it's the responsibility of the owner to hide the key appropriately, or either hide the code or change the code yearly.

Now they are easy to break into by simply pulling the faceplate off, but I feel that responsibility to continually check the thing that houses weapons, be inspected visually every once in a while. I do believe I shouldn't be able to say "the person just got into the safe," for cases like this, I would imagine an investigation into how he acquired the guns were/will take place. From there, fault should be found.

In regards to teaching a person to shoot, I don't think does anything in regards to how he can get access to the guns. If they're not registered in his name, it should be on the onus of the owner to protect his potential liability.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu May 09, 2019 9:54 am

I just wonder what kind of bubble someone needs if a board full of white male hockey fans is too left wing for you.
It isn’t too left for me obviously, because I engage in conversation here.

If I needed a bubble I wouldn’t be here.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 09, 2019 9:55 am

If memory serves, when Grunty is with his family who all lean right he argues for the left.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu May 09, 2019 9:55 am

On the last two pages:
Factorial
MR25
Trip
Troy
c2i
MWB
Gaucho
WK

dodint
Shyster
Nittany
LBL
nobody
shaf
Freddy

Stop giving me the everybody on this thread is a leftist so to play centrist I have to sound right wing, crap.
There's nothing wrong with being a conservative, just own it already.
Stop acting like everyone posts the same. Shyster only comes in for the gun debates. Dodint doesn’t post in here much. The vast majority of posts in here are done by left leaning posters.
You should probably do a statistical analysis of this. Scale everyone right to left, count their posts in this thread and find their percentage, then analyze to determine how far from "center" the thread is as a whole. That's the only way to get to the bottom of this.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu May 09, 2019 9:56 am

If memory serves, when Grunty is with his family who all lean right he argues for the left.
Actually I do. I tell them all the time that their blind faith in trump is stupid.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu May 09, 2019 9:56 am

My point was the kid would be trained to shoot and know how to access the safe in the case of an emergency. To me, that is a reasonable case for the kid to have access. Obviously that's pure speculation of one possibility and when facts come out then is the time to decide if the parents should hold some responsibility.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu May 09, 2019 9:59 am

On the last two pages:
Factorial
MR25
Trip
Troy
c2i
MWB
Gaucho
WK

dodint
Shyster
Nittany
LBL
nobody
shaf
Freddy
i voted for W in 2000. I voted for Ron Paul in 2008. I've actually never voted for a democratic presidential candidate...though obviously i will next year.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu May 09, 2019 10:00 am

That's a fair point, he was also 18 - I do believe maybe it's only a minor thing that this should be handled for. Outright just banning guns, I do feel there's more that could be done to actually control or try to stop this stuff from happening. I don't see everything in place as an INFRINGUMENT of 2A.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu May 09, 2019 10:01 am

Has anyone gone from left to right on here?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu May 09, 2019 10:02 am

Has anyone gone from left to right on here?
i don't know anyone IRL who has. i know several who have gone the other way

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu May 09, 2019 10:03 am

On the last two pages:
Factorial
MR25
Trip
Troy
c2i
MWB
Gaucho
WK

dodint
Shyster
Nittany
LBL
nobody
shaf
Freddy
i voted for W in 2000. I voted for Ron Paul in 2008. I've actually never voted for a democratic presidential candidate...though obviously i will next year.
Same, and I'll either abstain from a vote or vote dem in 2020. In my mind, Trump has not led himself as someone respects the office, and the powers of the government. I don't believe he should be allowed to continue on based on these past two years. Things could change, but I really doubt it.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 09, 2019 10:03 am

I was told as you grow older and wiser, you start to go right. Not sure that's true for our generation, though.