Video Games

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:59 pm

I think a few of us have done Humble Bundles before, but this is an exceptional one for support for Ukraine:

https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-with ... dle_bundle

120+ games (mostly indie) for $40. All proceeds go directly to support for Ukraine.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:19 pm

Already having second thoughts about the platinum.

The machine strike trophy was easy enough as apparently the opponents will follow a script as long as you make the appropriate moves. Followed a video, took under 10 mins.

Then I went after the melee pits... Got through the first 2 easy enough, but the first challenge at the third is pissing me off. I can pull off the first 3 parts of the combo but it keeps immediately resetting when I try to do the final move.

Hunting Grounds wasn't much better. First trial I got the full stripes, then the second trial pissed me off enough to rage quit.

At any rate, getting ready to finish off the story here.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:32 pm

The machine strike trophy was easy enough as apparently the opponents will follow a script as long as you make the appropriate moves. Followed a video, took under 10 mins.

Then I went after the melee pits... Got through the first 2 easy enough, but the first challenge at the third is pissing me off. I can pull off the first 3 parts of the combo but it keeps immediately resetting when I try to do the final move.

Hunting Grounds wasn't much better. First trial I got the full stripes, then the second trial pissed me off enough to rage quit.

I looked and I have like half the trophies needed for platinum. I did some more side quests and ended up around 43 hours of gameplay. Not sure what else I'll do still but definitely not getting platinum lol.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:32 pm

Goddamn this game was awesome. The final boss battle was way more satisfying than HZD, which is really the one weakness of that game imo.

I think story wise I preferred HZD mostly because of the slow unveiling of what Zero Dawn was. HFW also has a damn good story but didn't connect quite the same for whatever reason.

Another masterpiece from Guerilla Games. So damn good.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:34 pm

I looked and I have like half the trophies needed for platinum. I did some more side quests and ended up around 43 hours of gameplay. Not sure what else I'll do still but definitely not getting platinum lol.
I have 5 left including the platinum after finishing the story. It's within reach but I may come back later to do it.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:11 am

Looks like Sony/Polyphony Digital went the EA route with Gran Turismo 7. Took 9 years to develop and they released it broken and heavily riddled with microtransactions.
Also in this update, some event rewards have been adjusted. I wanted to also explain the reasons for it and our plans going forward.
In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions.
At the same time the pricing of the cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it's important for it to be linked with the rear world prices.
I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again.
We will in time let you know the update plans for additional content, additional race events and additional features that will constructively resolve this.
It pains me that I can't explain the details regarding this at this moment, but we plan on continuing to revise GT7 so that as many players as possible can enjoy the game.
We would really appreciate it if everyone could watch over the growth of Gran Turismo 7 from a somewhat longer term point of view.

Kanunori Yamauchi
They want to bring the joy of leveraging ourselves to afford cars in the real world to the GT gaming experience! As soon as they make the game playable. Something they couldn't achieve in the 9 years since the last release. For those that don't play the game to put it into perspective there is a rare McLaren F1 available right now, and to buy enough credits to purchase it you either have to grind for 24 hours of actual racing time, or pay $180 to buy enough credits. But it's available in a 'used car lot' so it goes away in a few days and may never come back. That's some shady ****.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:17 am

Microtransactions are one of the worst things to happen with modern gaming.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 am

Yeah. There is something to be said for a game being complete in the package when it launched. I think that's one of the reasons I still like my vintage gaming consoles. There is no paid DLC for Excitebike. ;)

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:20 am

As long as microtransactions are limited to aesthetics I don’t really care. It’s when it becomes pay to win that I drop the game. It’s why I don’t play MUT or HUT.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:59 pm

At the same time the pricing of the cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it's important for it to be linked with the rear world prices.

Kanunori Yamauchi
Committing to the bit re Engrish.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:19 pm

So two kids and I were discussing which platform to get the new Lego Skywalker saga game on. We own PCs (steam), Switch, PS4, and of course phones and iPads.

How well does the PlayStation Remote Play system work? It makes the most sense to buy it for PS4, so we don't have to have a separate PC install for three of us. I'm only home Thursday-Sunday until June, and I could play on my Macbook Air via Remote Play. But how well does this work? I would imagine playing a FPS or battle royale would be suboptimal...but a single player Lego game should be good.

I also just bought a TR9 torx screwdriver set so I can clean the PS4 out...which is sounding more superchargery than usual lately.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:22 pm

Series X has been in stock at walmart.com for the last two hours.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series- ... /443574645

This is either a sign that the supply chain issues are fixed or Xbox is not very popular.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:24 pm

It’s obviously the former.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:32 pm

Still in stock to have shipped here by Saturday. I have nowhere to put it though.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:38 pm

Find room.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:46 pm

Find room.
There is nothing I really want to play on it to justify the cost and moving things around.

I'm more into blowing money on expensive retro games right now lol.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:04 pm

5 Hunting Trials away from the platinum in HFW.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:07 am

I had no idea Elden Ring was partially developed/based on GRRM writings.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:07 am

Me and my son are hooked on elden ring. One of the most fun video games I've played in a long time. It's basically like lord of the rings on acid. I just got through some magic Hogwarts style castle dungeon and it was awesome. My wife isn't thrilled with how much time it's taking up.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:09 am

I had no idea Elden Ring was partially developed/based on GRRM writings.
Yeah, he collabed quite a bit on it. Co-wrote it, I think, too.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:53 pm

I just started my first hunting quest in HZD. Broke through to the west side of the map (the deserty region), looked off to the north and saw a giant crocodilian in the distance (out of Focus range) in the water, so I was like "Maybe let's check what we've got in the opposite direction". Encountered a small herd of the chargey stompy robots, killed one after much toil and struggle, and then the big flying flappy things came down and snaked all the parts from my kill! Wtf?!

I need to figure out how to upgrade my ammo, cos it took like 25 arrows to kill the chargey stompy thing. I don't really know what I'm doing yet.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:10 pm

I just started my first hunting quest in HZD. Broke through to the west side of the map (the deserty region), looked off to the north and saw a giant crocodilian in the distance (out of Focus range) in the water, so I was like "Maybe let's check what we've got in the opposite direction". Encountered a small herd of the chargey stompy robots, killed one after much toil and struggle, and then the big flying flappy things came down and snaked all the parts from my kill! Wtf?!

I need to figure out how to upgrade my ammo, cos it took like 25 arrows to kill the chargey stompy thing. I don't really know what I'm doing yet.
Lol.

First advice I can give is you want to scan enemies with your focus and aim for the glowy parts. The. Notebook will typically tell you if one of those are weak against a specific element.

Also, if you aren't going for the platinum, I recommend just going for the 3 half suns you need to get access to the Hunting Lodge in Meridian. There are like 15 total hunting trials so just try to find 3 you can do easily.

The hunting lodge quest line will give you a sweet weapon that helps with tearing key components off bots. Very helpful for Thunderjaws especially to rip the most dangerous parts off.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:29 pm

Finally, a furry controller.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:33 pm

I've got that first bit down, I'm just not good at translating it to results in gameplay yet. Also, I still don't have the various potion or trap symbols committed to memory yet. So I'm constantly doing things like inadvertently taking a resistance potion (or whatever it's called) instead of laying a Blast Trap. I'm just further behind the power curve on mechanics than my curiosity to explore can really back up at this point. I think in terms of challenges and stuff I've unlocked I'm like 8 or 9 levels ahead of my actual skill progression. At least that's what it feels like haha

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:01 pm

Finally, a furry controller.

Can only imagine how gross these will get