That comment section is a cesspool

Troy Loney

Politics And Current Events

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:18 am

When is it not a cesspool?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:21 am

"It is deeply sad but unsurprising that we now see that ugliness rearing its head,” her spokesman Drew Hammill told the Post. “It is stunning that Republicans have the gall to call courageous survivors of sexual assault a ‘mob’, at the same time they incite and condone violent actions like this. Republicans must condemn this vile and dangerous conduct, and stop the reckless and dangerous rhetoric that encourages it.”
After you guys condemn antifa and stop telling your supports to harass republicans.

All politicians need to come out against these dumbass “protesters.”

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:25 am

As long as it's not violent, I'm all for these "mobs" yelling at politicians. Doesn't matter if they are right or left or whatever.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:26 am

When is it not a cesspool?
Never, but that one seems especially bad.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:27 am

I forget where I saw this, but it went something like, "the enemy of my enemy is sometimes a jackass". ANTIFA and the Proud Boys are basically mirror images in tactics. But Republicans should probably stop inviting the latter places.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:27 am

As long as it's not violent, I'm all for these "mobs" yelling at politicians. Doesn't matter if they are right or left or whatever.
I have an issue when they go into restaurants and do it. There are other people simply trying to enjoy a meal then a giant sideshow goes on. It is disrespectful to the other patrons and the establishment itself.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:28 am

I forget where I saw this, but it went something like, "the enemy of my enemy is sometimes a jackass". ANTIFA and the Proud Boys are basically mirror images in tactics. But Republicans should probably stop inviting the latter places.
And the Democrats should stop inciting their supporters to do the same. Or the mayor in Portland could have his police force do their jobs...

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:34 am

Let's just say that the proud boys are a street gang and should not be invited to GOP events. Whatever wink/nod you think Maxine Waters is giving to ANTIFA does not justify engaging with the proud boys.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:34 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/MSNBC/status ... gr%5Etweet
President Trump: "I'm a nationalist."
Umm... no ****. One of his slogans is America first.
That's quite the segment from that speech. The crowd erupting at that proclamation is worrisome
I've been watching The Nineties on Netflix and finished up the George HW Bush centric episode this morning. This original CNN production largely spoke glowingly of him as President ("won the world but not the country"), his desire to create what he believed the world should have become after WWII, how he refused to publicly humiliate Gorbachev, and his overall desire to unite the world to the benefit of everyone.

What a stark as **** contract Trump represents. While it's ironic to hear a corrupt, power hungry nationalist condemn "corrupt, power hungry globalists", the idea of bettering America at the detriment of others is not going to end well.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:17 am

"Jamal Khashoggi's body parts have been discovered" - Sources have told @AlexCrawfordSky "grisly details" about how Jamal Khashoggi's body parts were discovered.

For more, head here: https://t.co/bX5HYfFlbo https://t.co/IsYFOgB7fM

This story is so messed up.
"America cannot accept the unwarranted killing of a journalist on foreign soil. To demonstrate our extreme displeasure, we will dispatch CIA Torture Lady to talk to you about it."

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:20 am

The pictures of Khashoggi's son in those links having to stand there in front of Salman and MBS and accept condolences under implied threat of his own dismemberment are brutal.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:28 am

We cannot jeopardize one hundred billion jobs.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 am

The pictures of Khashoggi's son in those links having to stand there in front of Salman and MBS and accept condolences under implied threat of his own dismemberment are brutal.
I think that ends up as an iconic photo.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:41 am

Let's just say that the proud boys are a street gang and should not be invited to GOP events. Whatever wink/nod you think Maxine Waters is giving to ANTIFA does not justify engaging with the proud boys.
If any left/right politician genuinely called for ending the rally violence, nobody would notice or care. I fully expect Snowpiercer battles at the ballot boxes by 2020.
Too late. Should've just blazed up and chilled the f*** out, but no. We have to make sure the "world" pays attention to our idiotic mouthbreather citizens screaming into each other's faces.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Portland is descending into chaos. What a cesspool. And the mayor is a radical leftist who supports Antifa. Not good.

If the police aren't going to do their job and forcibly disperse the jackboots, send in the National Guard.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Whatever wink/nod you think Maxine Waters is giving
She's not exactly using secret code.

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere,"

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Portland is descending into chaos. What a cesspool. And the mayor is a radical leftist who supports Antifa. Not good.

If the police aren't going to do their job and forcibly disperse the jackboots, send in the National Guard.
The mayor told them to stand down a week or so ago. Not sure if it is an ongoing stand down order or not.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Whatever wink/nod you think Maxine Waters is giving
She's not exactly using secret code.

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere,"
And the next day said she didn't advocate violence, and wanted "peaceful, very peaceful protest."
But keep trotting out the first sound bite from four months ago.

So claiming she's approving antifa, when in fact she was approving of punks yelling at Ted Cruz or SHS in a restaurant is a stretch.
I mean, I think approving of those punks is stupid, and not civilized, but it's not violent.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:34 pm

TIL Cbear unrings bells.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:37 pm

C'mon...they are most certainly giving a wink and a nod to the radical groups. I hear all the time about how Republicans are "encouraging" and "empowering" white nationalist groups, yet we are supposed to take a historically radical Maxine Waters at her word? You can't say that Trump is bringing right-wing extremists out of the woodwork and take leading Democrats at face value.

Hell, Portland's mayor is DIRECTLY ENABLING violence, assault, and criminal activity.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:04 pm

C'mon...they are most certainly giving a wink and a nod to the radical groups. I hear all the time about how Republicans are "encouraging" and "empowering" white nationalist groups, yet we are supposed to take a historically radical Maxine Waters at her word? You can't say that Trump is bringing right-wing extremists out of the woodwork and take leading Democrats at face value.

Hell, Portland's mayor is DIRECTLY ENABLING violence, assault, and criminal activity.
So the logical response is to invite the proud boys to speak to at your party headquarters?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:11 pm

So the logical response is to invite the proud boys to speak to at your party headquarters?
Both stupid. See you can see wrong on both sides while still disagreeing with one politically.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Not saying that at all. But the prevailing narrative throughout the last several years has been gnashing of teeth over the Republicans legitimizing radical politics, extremism, violence, etc. The Proud Boys are trash, but literally every weekend there is a prominent story about large mobs of Antifa radicals destroying property, blocking traffic, attacking/chasing people, etc. But the usual response is "Antifa is just a rogue anarchy group, they don't have anything to do with the Democratic Party or modern liberals". You can't have it both ways.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Both stupid. See you can see wrong on both sides while still disagreeing with one politically.
That's the thing. This is what everyone is doing. I think the problem is conflating ANTIFA with things like the Kavanaugh protests. Let me know when the democratic party starts inviting ANTIFA to their meetings.