Movie Thread

tifosi77

Movie Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Please tell me I imagined hearing that Deadpool is going to be PG-13.
did you watch the entire video?
No..... was it a 4/1 thing?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Movie Thread

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Please tell me I imagined hearing that Deadpool is going to be PG-13.
did you watch the entire video?
No..... was it a 4/1 thing?
Yeah, it's gonna be rated R

Craig

Movie Thread

Postby Craig » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Oh i saw the rated r thing and assumed that was the 4/1 thing.

Silentom

Movie Thread

Postby Silentom » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:38 pm

Just found out Ron Howard is doing another Dan Brown adaptation with Inferno. I still haven't figured out why he isn't doing movies in order of the books. He skipped The Lost Symbol this time.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:18 pm

Why was Angels and Demons so bad? It was the best of those books but I fall asleep every time I watch that movie. Even when I saw it in the theater.

Robot B9

Movie Thread

Postby Robot B9 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Why was Angels and Demons so bad? It was the best of those books but I fall asleep every time I watch that movie. Even when I saw it in the theater.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat with that one. I've started it about 5 times, each time genuinely interested from having seen the first few scenes previously, but I never seem to make it past 10 minutes.

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:03 am

Has anyone seen Insurgent yet?

Will probably take the kids during spring break at some point.

PFiDC

Movie Thread

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:13 am

the original takes place right around when the world starts going to hell.

timeline:
c.2000 - MAD MAX ("A few years from now..."): Deterioration of Australian society and bureaucratic restrictions leads to fragmentation of the police force, and increasing anarchy on the superhighways, which are still subject to differing state laws. Environmental damage and the effects of the Armalite Gangs have destroyed the farmlands and the Central Bureaucracy declares the inland regions "Forbidden Zones". Only the road trains are still permitted to travel through what becomes known as the "wasteland". The remaining government attempts to maintain law and order, as well as food and water supplies, to the coastal cities. As a result, inland settlements and smaller coastal towns begin to die. The last of the V-8 Interceptors are constructed.

c.2000-2003 - ("Their world crumbled..."): The world situation worsens; the satellites beam the images of social decline into homes worldwide. Money becomes less important than the products of industrial society - particularly food and fuel. U.S. soldiers invade the Persian Gulf. During the prolonged battle, the oil-fields of the Middle East are set alight, destroying fuel production. The resulting conflict depletes the already scarce resources of the industrial nations, shattering their economies. In the U.S., fuel prices reach $7 per gallon. Finally, the supply of fuel is restricted to the essential services, which are fast breaking down. The stock market collapses, creating a world-wide economic depression. Outbreaks of fighting in the cities become steadily less sporadic. Factories grind to a standstill. Pappagallo, Chief Executive of Seven Sisters Petroleum in Australia, escapes the downfall of the cities with maps showing the location of a fuel pump in the wasteland. He constructs a rudimentary fuel refining plant and creates a farm near the fuel pump, intending to survive the fall of civilization. A small armed community is established and the compound is fortified.

c.2003 - THE ROAD WARRIOR/MAD MAX II ("You're a scavenger Max...a maggot... living off the corpse of the old world."): Australia has become a war-zone, as the road trains and tankers have ceased transporting supplies and fuel. Isolated pockets of civilization throughout the country - some of which have attempted to survive by turning themselves into armoured enclaves - are beset by roving bands of marauders and barbarians, who are dependent on the dwindling fuel supply.

c.2003 - WORLD WAR III - THE OIL WAR APOCALYPSE ("People stopped in the streets and listened: for the first time they heard the sound of silence."): As the service utilities of the industrial nations - the power generation, transport and manufacturing sectors - fail, national and international communication breaks down. Long-standing East/West tensions in the face of worldwide fuel shortages degenerate into pre-emptive attacks on the remaining fuel-rich countries. After endless political deliberations on both sides, the final acts of the war are strategic nuclear strikes between the East/West blocs intended to prevent either side from securing new fuel reserves. In Australia, centralised government crumbles. In most of the cities, panic and looting precede death and wholesale destruction. The remaining population scatters, leaving the cities to crumble and fall apart. Limited nuclear explosions near Sydney cause turbulence that damages a fleeing 747 under the command of Flight Captain Walker. It crashes in the desert some 500 kilometres from the city. The nuclear exchange causes widespread changes in the world's environment, the most notable of which is large-scale evaporation of the oceans, and a short nuclear winter. Sydney Harbour dries up and the city is abandoned. Australia's coastal regions become more arid - problems with food supplies force many to cannibalism. The collapse of civilization goes largely unnoticed in the wasteland; although the depletion of the fuel supplies and manufacturing technology brings about the end of the roving marauders. In the following few years, tribal settlements are established on the Sunshine Coast and elsewhere by people fleeing the savagery of the interior desert. Technology is at a pre-Industrial Revolution level in these largely agricultural communities.

c.2003-2018 - ("At last, the vermin had inherited the earth."): The survivors of the war begin to form small, tribal groups, fighting over the few remaining sources of food and energy. Isolated settlements develop in the desert amidst the barbarians, under the rule of people who possess technical knowledge or power. Some of the old gang leaders realise the futility of destroying the pockets of civilization, because eventually nothing is regenerated. Some of the survivors live in primitive harmony, while others form towns where savage violence is a way of life. Max survives a number of adventures; as his resources diminish he builds up his capital - a wagon train. He collects things, finds things, and is resourceful enough to improvise.

8.11.2005 - Flight Captain Walker leads a rescue party of nineteen people from the 747 crash site out into the desert, in search of aid. The children remaining behind have only vague memories of civilization, which become the basis of a religion based around the 747 and its artifacts, and eventual rescue by Walker. When the first party fails to return, the children send out three more groups over the following decade to find them, comprised of teenagers who have come of age.

c.2013 - The leader of the Great Northern Tribe dies felling timber.

c.2018 - MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME ("You know who I was? Nobody. But on the day after, I was still alive."): Out of the barbarism and destruction following the war, new order is created through trade, slavery and the salvage and re-use of industrial artifacts. Settlements such as Bartertown, constructed on the site of an old open-cut mine five hundred kilometres from Sydney, enforce peace through a series of harsh laws. Although the age of the gasoline-dependent marauders has ended, ownership is still based on strength, and both banditry and slavery are widespread

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/archives/we ... chron.html
This was fascinating. Thank you for sharing.

PFiDC

Movie Thread

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:43 am

Wolfcop is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I knew exactly what I was getting when I started it and it has surprised me. This isn't 5 star cinema but if you go in with the right mind you may not be disappointed.

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:22 pm

I've never even heard of that movie.

I need to get out more.

PFiDC

Movie Thread

Postby PFiDC » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:47 pm

But you don't. Its on netflix.

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Oh. Yeah...maybe I'll add that to the bottom of my list. Got lots to catch up on.

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:32 pm

the trailer made wolfcop look a lot better than it was.

Beveridge

Movie Thread

Postby Beveridge » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:40 pm

Furious 7
So much unrealistic action and I loved every second of it. Thought they nailed the ending with the tribute to Paul. Hope they keep making more.

RoMo21

Movie Thread

Postby RoMo21 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:47 am

Furious 7 was amazing, definitely worth the money. This one had a better mix of action and racing than the last couple.
I won't say any specific details of what they did with Paul but they could not have done it any better IMO. I also loved all the nostalgic moments they had throughout and the fact that they tied everything together with Tokyo Drift.

Robot B9

Movie Thread

Postby Robot B9 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:42 am

I have yet to see any of the FastFurious flics. Fshould Fi?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Movie Thread

Postby count2infinity » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:59 am

Watched the theory of everything last night... disappointed.

Was this movie based on Jane's auto-biography? Because it seems to just end when they split. Overall I enjoyed the movie, but at the end it just ended. When the text came up at the end of the movie explaining where everyone is today was the equivalent to that kid in class giving a speech and saying "well... that's my speech" to end it.

skullman80

Movie Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:08 am

I have yet to see any of the FastFurious flics. Fshould Fi?
If you like fast cars, hot women, crazy unrealistic stunts, don't mind vin diesel and can turn your brain off when the movie starts they are a pretty good time.

They first 4 kind of decline in quality as they go, well 3 is probably the worst(Tokyo drift I think). Then Five is balls to the wall amazing, 6 is good, but a step below 5, and i haven't seen 7 yet but am going with the wife next weekend.

dodint

Movie Thread

Postby dodint » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:30 am

I'm going to see FF7 on Monday. $5.00 cheap ticket day at the local theater, has to live up to that at least.

I fell asleep watching Tokyo Drift last night. What a turd of a movie, how horrible was the lead actor in that one.

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Insurgent was pretty good. I actually thought it was paced faster than Divergent.
Last edited by blackjack68 on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dickie Dunn

Movie Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Watched the theory of everything last night... disappointed.

Was this movie based on Jane's auto-biography? Because it seems to just end when they split. Overall I enjoyed the movie, but at the end it just ended. When the text came up at the end of the movie explaining where everyone is today was the equivalent to that kid in class giving a speech and saying "well... that's my speech" to end it.
Yes, based on Jane's autobiography,

eddy

Movie Thread

Postby eddy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Getting ready for 2nd part of ten commandments with the kids. So far this movie basically says f off to any other religious epics, it's incredible

blackjack68

Movie Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:29 am

Recorded it to watch later and be able to buzz throughout he commercials.

Going to make the kids watch it too.

Yul Brynner...that is all.

Craig

Movie Thread

Postby Craig » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:20 am

I watched the imitation game last night. I thought it was pretty good.

columbia

Movie Thread

Postby columbia » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:43 am

I don't know what the hive mind thought, but I quite enjoyed "Interstellar."