COVID-19

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:57 am

Source of the post But I'm also not sitting here saying "man, I hope these people get sick and die". It's kind of gross.
Are people doing that here? That's not meant to be argumentative, btw, but a legit question. I haven't seen it.
PFIDC, and to a lesser extent NTP and a few others have straight up said that and have reaffirmed it a few times in this thread. They are openly acknowledging it too.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:59 am

Hey NAN how's your mom and did your family ever get afflicted
They are perfectly fine. Honestly, probably wouldn't have gotten tested if it wasn't for my 5 year old niece that tested positive. They were around her closely and wanted to be responsible and get tested. My sister and my dad also got tested and both were negative.

That's why I said a few weeks ago, probably a lot of us have been or could be positive right now and not know it. I had a little cold a few weeks ago and thought nothing of it. It was over in like 3 days. It could have been COVID.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:59 am

Source of the post But I'm also not sitting here saying "man, I hope these people get sick and die". It's kind of gross.
Are people doing that here? That's not meant to be argumentative, btw, but a legit question. I haven't seen it.
PFIDC, and to a lesser extent NTP and a few others have straight up said that and have reaffirmed it a few times in this thread. They are openly acknowledging it too.
It's a defense mechanism IMO from those here who have historically been most afraid of covid.

Now answer the question about your mom

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:59 am

I don't think I did? I'd have to search.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:01 am

He assumes that is what I mean when I say I hope they die. I am not actively "rooting" for their deaths but I am certainly not upset when it happens. I also think their deaths make the world a better place so, maybe he is right. Maybe there is some active rooting for someone I know that will never ever ever get the vaccine or take covid seriously to die. Why wouldn't I? That person makes the world a worse place for literally everyone else.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:02 am

more likely he meant shmenguin

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:02 am

It's a defense mechanism IMO from those here who have historically been most afraid of covid.

You think its a defense mechanism because I have been afraid of covid? **** you.

Its a response to my kid losing his god damn childhood because spreadnecks wont get a **** vaccine.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:06 am

yall are pussies. I've been rooting for people to die before COVID

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:06 am

You think its a defense mechanism because I have been afraid of covid? **** you.

Its a response to my kid losing his god damn childhood because spreadnecks wont get a **** vaccine.
So, I was just purposely being a dick, but serious question here, why has your kid "lost his childhood"?

I have kids and they still have had theirs...

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:08 am

Yeah that harsh. It's my ex wife I should be mad at. The ongoing issue with the unvaxxed is why my kid still can't do any activities. I had to plead with her to let him go back to school.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:13 am

It has been a significant disruption to most kids. Not sure that's even worth arguing.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:14 am

Look, the unvaxed are certainly a problem, but I do actually think risk aversion is a big factor here. If you're vaccinated and comfortable accepting the risk for your unvaxxed kids (which is really extremely minimal, despite media stories about Children's hospital tents) then you can basically live normally plus or minus a mask.

Easier for me to say having had both my boys recover from covid and thus having natural immunity, but just go out... people are everywhere doing everything. Concerts, sports, after school activities... everything is a go. There are times where things get postponed, sure, but at this point you can live about 90% of how you want based on your risk profile.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:15 am

<clears throat>

As has been the case, **** these people and I hope they die soon.
Maybe I took this as you actively rooting for them to die, along with other similar post.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:15 am

It's been tough on the kids, but as parents you have to find ways to appease them. Our kids have found other activities they love to supplement lost time with friends and other activities. We also gorge them with outdoor summer activities, knowing the winter time there is less to do.

Sucks your ex is being such a pain, PFIDC. When he's with you, get him out as much as you feel comfortable doing.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:18 am

Look, the unvaxed are certainly a problem, but I do actually think risk aversion is a big factor here. If you're vaccinated and comfortable accepting the risk for your unvaxxed kids (which is really extremely minimal, despite media stories about Children's hospital tents) then you can basically live normally plus or minus a mask.

Easier for me to say having had both my boys recover from covid and thus having natural immunity, but just go out... people are everywhere doing everything. Concerts, sports, after school activities... everything is a go. There are times where things get postponed, sure, but at this point you can live about 90% of how you want based on your risk profile.
I'm in the same boat. My kids are in school, are going to their activies, have been playing with their friends. Outside of a period last March through like Sept when no one knew what the heck was going on, they still have got to do most of what they normally would have. And especially after the vax it has opened up more.

There are postponements, and the masks suck at school, but we understand why they have to wear them, but for the most part, they are living their life and don't have many complaints.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:19 am

It's been tough on the kids, but as parents you have to find ways to appease them. Our kids have found other activities they love to supplement lost time with friends and other activities. We also gorge them with outdoor summer activities, knowing the winter time there is less to do.

Sucks your ex is being such a pain, PFIDC. When he's with you, get him out as much as you feel comfortable doing.
For sure. Sucks that she wasn't really able to hang out with her friends for such a long time, though, which is kind of where I was going with it. I think we're all closer thanks to covid.

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:19 am

So much energy into discussions of “people are being too mean to the unvaxed dinguses”

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:23 am

For sure. Sucks that she wasn't really able to hang out with her friends for such a long time, though, which is kind of where I was going with it. I think we're all closer thanks to covid.
Last year was really tough for both our boys. The 5 year old showed it more than the 7 year old, but now that the 7 year old is back at school, he's been more open about how much he loves it, even if it's with a mask on.

My wife actually ran out of ideas this past summer. She took them to playgrounds and splash parks at least once a week. The 5 year old at one point said playgrounds are boring. :lol:

But yeah, the bonding has been great with us. The pandemic started right after my daughter was born, so it was like an extra long paternity leave when I was WFH. It's weird thinking how my daughter still hasn't experienced this world sans pandemic.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:24 am

I dont care about the meanness, I just think there's a ton of energy from a lot of you guys going into things you can't control and if you take a step back, who cares? You're safe and can do pretty much anything you want. If the virus spreads among those dinguses, it is what it is

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:25 am

That's why you eat the last of the hoagie, never know what's around the corner
This board sooooooo needs a "liked post" button.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:25 am

That's why you eat the last of the hoagie, never know what's around the corner
This board sooooooo needs a "liked post" button.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy disliked this post

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:26 am

So much energy into discussions of “people are being too mean to the unvaxed dinguses”
We spend a lot of energy talking about a ton of stupid stuff on here. It's what this board is for.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:27 am

Shut up, NAN.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:28 am

Shut up, NAN.
:fist: :lol:

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:35 am

The issue isn't how comfortable I am. Its how she will react if I go against her wishes for covid safety. We have no written custody agreement and for the first 2 years its been fine. No issues. 50/50 down the line. If she feels I am being unsafe with him re: covid I might have to fight for him in court. I do not want that.