COVID-19

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:18 am

Smoking isn't "contagious", but man, it sucks to be near a smoker...even outside...
I'm probably the world's most considerate smoker. I am down to 1/2 a pack or less a day and only smoke at home out on my patio and I'm on the second floor of a 2 story building. I wont ever smoke near someone else who isn't smoking. It's my dirty habit, not yours.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:19 am

It eats up healthcare, is a choice, and would lead to a better world.
If you can't see the difference between fatties needing bypass surgery and hospitals being over capacity with unvaxxed covid patients and having to turn away people that eventually die because they couldn't get care then I am not sure you'll ever understand.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:20 am

:thumb: I like that. Both of my parents smoked, my dad a lot. But never in the house, never "near" us really...they were good about it. Just getting stuck behind someone while walking on the sidewalk, man, that's where I just want a cartoon-like bazooka to just put a hole right through them...

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:20 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/idaho ... entnewsntp

Here is a story about a guy who's sister was a nurse and continually told him to not get vaccinated. Because she was a nurse and in the medical field, he listened. His sister eventually got COVID and died, and he realized she was feeding him misinformation, etc and got the vaccine.

But we should be rooting for him to die.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:22 am

and got the vaccine.

Nope. Next.

CBear3

COVID-19

Postby CBear3 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:23 am

I guess the same can be said for drug abusers, smokers, obese, etc.
Tada.
We already kind of do that. Liver transplants don't typically go alcoholics that aren't in recovery. But can you imagine a doctor refusing a heart surgery because the patient didn't exercise enough or ate too much red meat.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:23 am

However, if you want me to comment on his status before he got vaxxed, yes. He was listening to his nurse sister and not the thousands of virologists and infectious disease doctors that were saying the opposite of her.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:24 am

**** every single HCW who advocates not getting vaccinated. Fire them all.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:26 am

NAN has weak jeans
I knew there was something off about him.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:27 am

It eats up healthcare, is a choice, and would lead to a better world.
If you can't see the difference between fatties needing bypass surgery and hospitals being over capacity with unvaxxed covid patients and having to turn away people that eventually die because they couldn't get care then I am not sure you'll ever understand.
I'm just as pissed that they are taking over ICU beds, etc. IMO, the hospital system needs to make the choice that if you are unvaxxed, you don't get priority.

I have little to no empanthy for the unvaxxed getting sick or dying. I just find it strange and actually kind of sick that people are actually rooting for them to die.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:28 am

and got the vaccine.

Nope. Next.
You were rooting for him to die the previous 6 months.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 am

and got the vaccine.

Nope. Next.
You were rooting for him to die the previous 6 months.
I even said a while back that as far back as January I am OK with someone not having a vax. But by, say, May/June (maybe July), if you are willfully not getting it and there isn't a LEGITIMATE medical reason not to, then yes. **** you get covid and die fast to make room for the rest of us. So no, not for the last 6 months. Maybe the last 2-3....

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 am

Tada.
We already kind of do that. Liver transplants don't typically go alcoholics that aren't in recovery. But can you imagine a doctor refusing a heart surgery because the patient didn't exercise enough or ate too much red meat.
I can't imagine rooting for those individuals in those situations to die, even though they made the choice to be in that situation for the most part. Outside of a small handful of sick people, I can't imagine rooting for anyone to die.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:30 am

This week UPMC Somerset put up a tent outside the hospital to handle the overwhelming number of patients coming into the emergency room.
Children’s did the same thing last week.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:34 am

I love how we are equating diet and exercise to getting a free shot in the arm.

If there were a shot people could take to not be obese anymore I am pretty sure people would take it...

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:39 am

I'm not rooting for them to die. I am not sympathetic at all when they do. It's almost like they want to die so **** it, die. I'd prefer them dying without clogging up the hospitals. Don't trust science? Okay. Then die at home, alone, and in pain.

And I'm tired of the excuses we're trying to give them. "She's pregnant! His sister is a nurse and said don't take it!" **** you. If you're not vaccinated due to anything other than legit medical reasons, you're an dadhole who deserves anything that comes to you.
Last edited by nocera on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:40 am

I think there's a pretty clear breaking point of those versus COVID. A person being obese, or a drug abuser, can't really irreparably harm my family.

COVID, through your ignorance, can potentially hurt me, my family, my friends. OH and the mitigation effort is **** free.

Unless you have legit reasons to not be vaxxed, we need to stop trying to feel for these people.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:43 am

What nocera said.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:47 am

I'm not rooting for them to die. I am not sympathetic at all when they do. It's almost like they want to die so **** it, die. I'd prefer them dying without clogging up the hospitals. Don't trust science? Okay. Then die at home, alone, and in pain.

And I'm tired of the excuses we're trying to give them. "She's pregnant! His sister is a nurse and said don't take it!" **** you. If you're not vaccinated due to anything other than legit medical reasons, you're an dadhole who deserves anything that comes to you.
I'm more towards your line of thinking. I honestly have no sympathy for the people that die of COVID if they are currently unvaxxinated. I also agree that they shouldn't be prioritized in the hospital system. I'm pissed about that.

But I'm also not sitting here saying "man, I hope these people get sick and die". It's kind of gross. That's the part I just don't understand. Outside of that, I probably share the same views as most others on here, minus the rooting for death. That's the part I'm stuck on.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 am

If there were a shot people could take to not be obese anymore I am pretty sure people would take it...
Sign my fat ass up.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:51 am

Sign my fat ass up.
Get in line fatty. I was here first.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:53 am

I'm holding out for hte "makes you taller" shot

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:55 am

Source of the post But I'm also not sitting here saying "man, I hope these people get sick and die". It's kind of gross.
Are people doing that here? That's not meant to be argumentative, btw, but a legit question. I haven't seen it.

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:55 am

I think there's a pretty clear breaking point of those versus COVID. A person being obese, or a drug abuser, can't really irreparably harm my family.

COVID, through your ignorance, can potentially hurt me, my family, my friends. OH and the mitigation effort is **** free.

Unless you have legit reasons to not be vaxxed, we need to stop trying to feel for these people.
I agree that it's not 1 for 1. That was more for the "eating up of resources, better healthcare, and a better world" part PFIDC said when talking about the unvaxxed. I know drug abuse, smoking, obessity, etc are not contagious, but in PFIDCs scenario, if you are eating up resources, or increasing the price of cancer treatment for someone with breast cancer vs someone that ignored science and smokes a pack a day and gets lung or throat cancer, they are indirectly affecting someone. Or if an ambulance is helping someone who overdosed instead of someone that had a heart attack or in a car accident.

I'm just not rooting for death for those individuals. I'm not sympathic for them either.

It's not the best comparison, I understand that. Again, just stuck on the "I hope they all die".

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:56 am

Hey NAN how's your mom and did your family ever get afflicted