COVID-19

Fire0nIce228

COVID-19

Postby Fire0nIce228 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:37 am

I've found that my alcohol tolerance has gone up since getting the shots. Honestly not sure I've had a hangover since despite two or three long nights since. Maybe I'm just getting lucky.
If they can make that a side effect that might put me over the top!

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:37 am

Making life shitty for service workers. Sounds like the America I know
…and also, these are the folks that some in the PDT think should have to do extra, free work for the government to get health insurance.
If they are unemployed and not looking for employment, yes, I agree.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:41 am

proof of vax for indoor dining is going to be interesting. Is the host supposed to validate it?
Yeah, this is going to be difficult to enforce IMO. Like I said, someone can just buy a fake vax card off of ebay or something. And quite honestly, the restaurant isn't going to do any forensic analysis on the vax card. They'll just look, and say "come on in", which I don't blame them.
I think the people getting fake vax cards will be a very small percentage of folks. It's not going to be as easy as going on eBay and getting one mailed to you. No legitimate website is going to allow those to be sold on their platform. My guess is it'll be more difficult that getting a fake ID as a teenager, but definitely not impossible. It'll be enough work that most will not bother.

I agree with your second point though. These employees aren't going to fight or try to authenticate cards. If you show em, you'll get in. And that's how it should be. I feel bad that we're putting the enforcement of both masks and cards on mostly minimum wage employees. They didn't sign up for this and it's unfair that it comes down on them. Not sure how else to do it, though, short of every business hiring a COVID enforcer/bouncer.
Take a look at your vax card and explain to me why anyone with even marginal knowledge of excel couldn't make one in 5 minutes...

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:43 am

Source of the post Take a look at your vax card and explain to me why abyone with even a marginal knowledge of excel couldn't make one in 5 minutes...
Take a look at your average anti-vaxxer and tell me they have marginal knowledge of anything. Counterfeits will happen, but I don't think it'll be a huge widespread issue.

I'd prefer CA's system of a digital record. That would be much more secure but would take some actual planning, which I don't see happening any time soon.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:44 am

I've been arguing with a lady on Facebook about a ScienceDirect article being retracted. She posted it as scientific fact and it was retracted, and the reasons given - and it's all just a conspiracy. I hate arguing with people who don't want to see their flaws with this COVID stuff, and dig in when they were wrong.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:45 am

Small restaurants are allowed to not offer health insurance to their servers. This is an obvious malfunction in our social contract and should be corrected by socialized health care.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:49 am

Florida continuing its trend:

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:51 am

But remember, if a Florida school district decides they need to require masks, the state could withhold funding from them as punishment.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:53 am

But remember, if a Florida school district decides they need to require masks, the state could withhold funding from them as punishment.
Related:

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:55 am

He needs to go to.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:57 am

YEA BUT CUOMO

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:00 pm

PS - PR sent out a follow up to students parents regarding masks. It was a survey to see if 1) you planned on having your child wear a mask, 2) if you are flexible if the requirement becomes mandatory (right now it is recommended but not required) and 3) will your choice be determined by community spread if recommended. And 4) will you voluntarily give your childs vax status if ask.

I ultimately think that they will go back to a full mask mandate, at least at the beginning of the year until a vax for children can be administered. If the case load starts to decline again, and vaxed adults increase over the next few months, they can remove the mandate as well.

They stated 99.5% of all students are returning to full time in class learning, so the social distancing/alternative scheduling from last year is a no go, which IMO is good.
The entire time I filled out that survey, I thought to myself - are they going to require teachers to wear a mask regardless of vax status? BC if they give them the option but make kids mandatory, that will not go well.

shmenguin

COVID-19

Postby shmenguin » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:08 pm

Those wacky governors. Who can even keep track of the shenanigans and who’s doing what.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

COVID-19

Postby LITT » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:12 pm

relative to mask mandates and checking vaccine cards, i think the government will just activate the nanobots and the hand held scanners can be deployed to receive the RFID signal

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:23 pm

litt how are you faring with the rona

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:28 pm

relative to mask mandates and checking vaccine cards, i think the government will just activate the nanobots and the hand held scanners can be deployed to receive the RFID signal
That was privileged info, litt. You’ve just made the list…

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:29 pm

Read this as farting

Posing that question to litt in addition to ulf’s

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:29 pm

Now I'm curious

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

COVID-19

Postby LITT » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:42 pm

Read this as farting

honestly i feel like a super human between being jabbed (sic), covid recovered, and having received monoclonal antibodies i feel like aint no covid coming for me anymore.

but seriously, completely recovered physically. my taste is back probably 60% - i dont love the taste of whisk(e)y which is probably the worst thing that could happen. smell very little, still cant smell dirty diapers which is a fun social experiment in public with a newborn and a toddler. mrs litt is basically in the same boat as me. don't think the LITTles ever got it. and that was my run in with the rona.

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:02 pm

:scared: :scared:

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:06 pm

Great...leave behind the non-believers...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:06 pm

Read this as farting

honestly i feel like a super human between being jabbed (sic), covid recovered, and having received monoclonal antibodies i feel like aint no covid coming for me anymore.

but seriously, completely recovered physically. my taste is back probably 60% - i dont love the taste of whisk(e)y which is probably the worst thing that could happen. smell very little, still cant smell dirty diapers which is a fun social experiment in public with a newborn and a toddler. mrs litt is basically in the same boat as me. don't think the LITTles ever got it. and that was my run in with the rona.
yeah but how are you farting?

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:10 pm

God damn it. I start with a new company today and feel like I should mask up despite being vaccinated but it’s in major Trump country and I don’t want to make a bad impression. Stupid PA and stupid stupid people. It’s ridiculous that we have to be put in this kind of position.
If wearing a mask in a congregate setting creates a bad impression - now, in the middle of a pandemic - you are set for rather a rough ride with this location, regardless. Good luck to you.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:25 pm

proof of vax for indoor dining is going to be interesting. Is the host supposed to validate it?
Yeah, this is going to be difficult to enforce IMO. Like I said, someone can just buy a fake vax card off of ebay or something. And quite honestly, the restaurant isn't going to do any forensic analysis on the vax card. They'll just look, and say "come on in", which I don't blame them.
I think the people getting fake vax cards will be a very small percentage of folks. It's not going to be as easy as going on eBay and getting one mailed to you. No legitimate website is going to allow those to be sold on their platform. My guess is it'll be more difficult that getting a fake ID as a teenager, but definitely not impossible. It'll be enough work that most will not bother.

I agree with your second point though. These employees aren't going to fight or try to authenticate cards. If you show em, you'll get in. And that's how it should be. I feel bad that we're putting the enforcement of both masks and cards on mostly minimum wage employees. They didn't sign up for this and it's unfair that it comes down on them. Not sure how else to do it, though, short of every business hiring a COVID enforcer/bouncer.
I've mentioned this a few times: State public health authority can create a database with all vax records and sends people a link to the registration email/phone number. You click the link, it takes you to a QR code unique to your vax record. Relevant party scans the code to obtain proof of your vax status. Easy peasy.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:30 pm

Whoops, didn't see you had mentioned the CA model already wrt proof of vax. As you were.