Politics And Current Events

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Man if having lights shone into your house at night bothers you wait until you hear about Breonna Taylor...

I didn't shoot her. Those people didn't shoot her. The business owners didn't shoot her. At some point the general public is allowed to want to be left alone without being constantly harassed despite bad policing and racism and hunger and injustice still existing in this world.
replace "despite" with "by".

That doesn't make me anymore capable of doing a thing about it. Just leave me and my family alone. Christ.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:13 pm

^this is the sound of someone with nothing to fear from police, or no empathy.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:26 pm

^ This is the sound of a privileged jackass that likes to make unsubstantiated claims against people they don’t know.

Yes I realize the irony, but I don’t believe I have the moral high ground like some of you believe you do.

MWB

Postby MWB » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:33 pm

Hey @meow and @MWB did you feel the wee quake we had this morning? That's also right in our dear departed Freddy's backyard, almost literally.

I felt nothing down here...which is fine.
Didn’t feel a thing.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:35 pm

twss

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:53 pm

^this is the sound of someone with nothing to fear from police, or no empathy.

Listen. I have bad shitt that affects me too. In the past 4 years I've had two friends (one an older woman, one a friend my age) go in for routine surgery and both times I got calls that someone f'd up and they're dead. My mom fell into a depression because 2 years ago her sister was in the hospital, she felt fine wanted to go home. They wouldn't release her, she caught something while there and is dead. Doctors are supposed to take care of us right?? How far can I go next time I see a surgeon and you justify it??

You can shove this absolute nonsense idea that everyone else is supposed to have zero personal emotions and nothing I want to protect or care about means a damn because some meth head had a run-in with an awful person in a badge as far up your ass as humanly possible.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:56 pm

and you keep fighting the battle against light and sound.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:59 pm

I bet I'll interact with more black people while sitting on my porch tmw morning sipping coffee than some of you phonies do the entire year. That midnight parade bullshit, flashing lights in people's windows screaming, wouldn't last 20 seconds on my street. And no amount of police brutality, racism, sexism, unfair hiring practices, wage gap, whatever would convince my neighbors to be okay with that.

But then we'd have MR and nocera to come set 'em straight. And i'd love to witness that.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:06 pm

New Jack was a wrestler with Extreme Championship Wrestling known for his hardcore style. He also claims to have 4 justifiable homicides to his name. He was often known for going too far and injuring his opponents. See: Mass Transit Incident or New Jack v. Vic Grimmes Scaffolding Match.
Holy ****. :shock:

He's a wrestler who came to the ring pushing a shopping cart with a garbage can filled with every day objects he would use as weapons. Street signs, light tubes, baseball bat, nail gun.. and even he drew the line at frozen water bottles, spraying bleach or acid at people, and chipping off chunks of the street curb to throw at someones head. Which is more than I can say for the peaceful protesters. Have a nice weekend.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:15 pm

I bet I'll interact with more black people while sitting on my porch tmw morning sipping coffee than some of you phonies do the entire year. That midnight parade bullshit, flashing lights in people's windows screaming, wouldn't last 20 seconds on my street. And no amount of police brutality, racism, sexism, unfair hiring practices, wage gap, whatever would convince my neighbors to be okay with that.

But then we'd have MR and nocera to come set 'em straight. And i'd love to witness that.
You seem angry at the wrong things. And this post is hilarious.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Donald Trump’s campaign failed to produce any evidence of vote-by-mail fraud in Pennsylvania after a federal judge ordered it do so, according to a 524-page court filing obtained by the Guardian.

The order came from US district judge Nicholas Ranjan, a Trump appointee, earlier this month amid a lawsuit in Pennsylvania over several voting policies. The Trump campaign is suing to block the widespread use of official ballot dropboxes in the state in locations other than an election office, and to allow poll watchers to work in counties other than the ones they live in.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nnsylvania

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:22 pm

:lol:

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:22 pm

Why does protesting and respectfully doing it have to be mutually exclusive?

Why does protesting have to involve looting, or burning buildings, or shining lights? Surely protests can happen without being jerks and inconsiderate to other people.

There is nothing wrong with protesting, but looting or burning or shining lights or being violent is not protesting.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:38 pm

I just can't wrap my head around functioning adults who think everything from torching business, (black owned businesses mind you) rioting (which left several innocent black people murdered, mind you) to harassing innocent civilians in their homes is A-Okay. So yeah it does agitate me. Especially when we all know that you wouldn't be any different than these two mayors we just saw when it's at your doorstep with your family inside.

I just hope you guys never make a wrong turn when our peaceful protesters have a street blocked off. Because getting out and saying "im on your side," or all your empathy isn't going to cut it. We have mountains of film that shows where that ends up going.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:46 pm

I just can't wrap my head around functioning adults who think everything from torching business, (black owned businesses mind you) rioting (which left several innocent black people murdered, mind you) to harassing innocent civilians in their homes is A-Okay. So yeah it does agitate me. Especially when we all know that you wouldn't be any different than these two mayors we just saw when it's at your doorstep with your family inside.

I just hope you guys never make a wrong turn when our peaceful protesters have a street blocked off. Because getting out and saying "im on your side," or all your empathy isn't going to cut it. We have mountains of film that shows where that ends up going.
Who is saying this?! What are you so afraid of? We’re taking about lights and drums here man. Again, you’re angry at the wrong things. And that post WAS hilarious.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:46 pm

You have no empathy either.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:48 pm

You have zero empathy as well.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:50 pm

No u.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:52 pm

No u.
NP tells you his life, and you just move past it and just accuse him of him being angry at the wrong things. You my friend have serious empathy issues.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:56 pm

No u.
NP tells you his life, and you just move past it and just accuse him of him being angry at the wrong things. You my friend have serious empathy issues.
I assume you’re referring to the doctor thing? I wasn’t part of that conversation. I’m referring to him being angry at lights and noises since that’s what we were talking about. That’s the wrong thing to be angry at.

Try harder.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:02 pm

You have no empathy either.
Not much.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:04 pm

Who is saying this?! What are you so afraid of? We’re taking about lights and drums here man. Again, you’re angry at the wrong things. And that post WAS hilarious.

Well good because I try to invoke a tiny bit of humor in my posts but I still get called an angry volcano. But I'm also fine to admit that yeah it does make me angry triggered because I just think it's all wrong. No matter what the reasons for it. And that does not mean I'm incapable of feeling other bad stuff is wrong.

JFC we've gone from "its only a business they have insurance" to "its only some flashlights and drums." No matter what order you put those in its still not okay.

It's only this...
It's only that..
It's only a little of this..
It's only that, why do you care??

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:11 pm

No u.
I assume you’re referring to the doctor thing? I wasn’t part of that conversation. I’m referring to him being angry at lights and noises since that’s what we were talking about. That’s the wrong thing to be angry at.

Try harder.
I mean I guess in your opinion it is the wrong thing to be angry about. Try being in other people’s shoes for once, instead of just thinking everyone who doesn’t agree with you is wrong, a bigot, or a Nazi.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:14 pm

No u.

Try harder.
I mean I guess in your opinion it is the wrong thing to be angry about. Try being in other people’s shoes for once, instead of just thinking everyone who doesn’t agree with you is wrong, a bigot, or a Nazi.
Seeing as nobody here lives in Portland (that I know of), we’re all putting ourselves in other people’s shoes. My opinion is it’s not a big deal. His and yours is that it is a big deal. I’m saying he’s wrong at the mad things. He’s saying he’s not. That’s how opinions work.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Can the mods change NPs Location to 'Angry Volcano' please.