Politics And Current Events

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:13 pm

PS - if the above happened one night in my neighborhood, and there was no damage to my property, I'd live and wouldn't do anything.

If it started to become an every night thing, and especially if there would be damage to my property, I'd definitely want the authorities called.
This is a more understandable stance and one I would support.
Yeah, to me there has to be a balance. Again, one night, to me, fine, as long as you are not destroying anything and just making noise, good for you, go fight your fight. If you are out there every night and it becomes a nightly thing, then that's enough.

It's kind of like holidays, especially the fourth of July, if you want to have a big party, shoot off fireworks late at night, etc, as long as you don't burn down my house, go for it, have fun. If my neighbors were doing that every night during the summer, the cops are coming.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:14 pm

I’m sure we remember that they came out because people broke into their gated community.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:14 pm

It takes a mind boggling lack of self awareness to tweet something like this. Especially considering his network just settled a massive libel lawsuit for smearing and lying about a 16 year old kid.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:15 pm

They're the real victims here.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:16 pm

It takes a mind boggling lack of self awareness to tweet something like this. Especially considering his network just settled a massive libel lawsuit for smearing and lying about a 16 year old kid.

:lol: Oh my. Yeah, he needs to look in the mirror.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Imagine if you guys got half as upset at cops murdering people as you do about lights and marching drums.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:16 pm

They are going to make an appearance at thee GOP convention next week.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:17 pm

They're the real victims here.
Never said they were the real victims. Just that they didn’t just go out and pull guns on protestors because they just saw them in a random street.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:17 pm

I find sentiments like this silly because the protestors are fighting against the laws of the land. They believe the current system to be unjust and they're angry about it

I don't know who gives out permits (I'm guessing the court system?) but I would guess they're incentivized to limit the protest permits to irrelevant areas or times to where the protest has no impact.

Sometimes you have to break the law to change the law. I'm not ok with all methods of breaking the law (violence, looting, etc) but this is a bit silly.

And yeah, they technically were breaking the law, but it would be pretty bad PR if the police were sent out to arrest these protestors ESPECIALLY considering what they're protesting and how the police have handled the protests thus far
I don't find it silly. Where does it cross the line then? What if I and a group of people sat outside your house every night and shone a light into your window, blasted music, and blocked your driveway to not allow your vehicle out because I'm protesting something? I'm sure after a while you'd want the police to come to move us.

What if an ambulance is called for something and they can't reach the person on time due to blocked traffic.
I agree that traffic blocking is bad (I mentioned it above)

I fully admit my line is arbitrary. I guess for me I'd say "whatever angers me to the point of not supporting their cause". Which is dumb, I fully admit.

walking by my house and chanting = yeah that's fine
blocking traffic, probably making me way late for work or something = I'd be mad
looting/vandalizing = I guess it depends on what they're looting/vandalizing but if it's my property I'd be enraged

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Imagine if you guys got half as upset at cops murdering people as you do about lights and marching drums.
Man if having lights shone into your house at night bothers you wait until you hear about Breonna Taylor...

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Imagine if you guys got half as upset about murders skyrocketing in inner cities as you do about cops abuse of power.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:22 pm

Imagine if you guys got half as upset about murders skyrocketing in inner cities as you do about cops abuse of power.
Ho. Lee. ****....

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Who isn't upset about murder? What? Has there been murder protests? Are they peaceful? AKA no noise makers?

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:24 pm

Im protesting murders in inner cities right now. From my home. Quietly. So as not to disturb anyone.

Better?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Imagine if you got half as upset about BLM trying to push communism and destroy the nuclear family as you do about strangers wanting their rights protected.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:26 pm

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:26 pm

Imagine if you got half as upset about BLM trying to push communism and destroy the nuclear family as you do about strangers wanting their rights protected.
Imagine reading this and feeling threatened for some reason.
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Who isn't upset about murder? What? Has there been murder protests? Are they peaceful? AKA no noise makers?
Don’t see you guys getting upset about that here. Just Trump’s tweet of the day that angers you guys.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Classic

Have a nice weekend

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Classic

Have a nice weekend
You as well.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:32 pm

I wonder what would happen to the inner city crime/murder rate if drugs were legalized/decriminalized.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:43 pm

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Man if having lights shone into your house at night bothers you wait until you hear about Breonna Taylor...

I didn't shoot her. Those people didn't shoot her. The business owners didn't shoot her. At some point the general public is allowed to want to be left alone without being constantly harassed despite bad policing and racism and hunger and injustice still existing in this world.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:56 pm

Imagine reading this and feeling threatened for some reason.
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.
Imagine ignoring the communism part.

The mayor of Chicago made it illegal to protest outside her house.

Peduto says protesting outside of his house "crosses a line"

Yet, having the opinion that protesters shouldn't shine lights into people's houses that are minding their own business is wrong.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:57 pm

I didn't shoot her. Those people didn't shoot her. The business owners didn't shoot her. At some point the general public is allowed to want to be left alone without being constantly harassed despite bad policing and racism and hunger and injustice still existing in this world.
replace "despite" with "by".