Politics And Current Events

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:41 pm

Sounds like a nice Juneteenth celebration

https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article/new ... f2526172a7
At least three people were killed and eleven people were injured when a block party turned violent on Beatties Ford Road in north Charlotte late Sunday night, police said.

According to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police, officers responded to a report of a pedestrian being hit on Beatties Ford Road around 12:30 a.m. When a Medic ambulance reached
Witnesses said the chaos broke out during what was supposed to be the last night of Juneteenth celebrations. A video posted on Twitter showed the scene when an ambulance arrived for a report of someone being hit by a car. It was at this time that shots were fired, with more than 20 shots being heard on video.

CMPD Deputy Chief Gerald Smith said they believe upwards of 400 people were at Sunday night's celebration. As of 4 p.m. Monday, it's not known if any witnesses have come forward with information – however, CMPD has released video from the evening that does not show the shooting.

Smith also said officers believe over 100 shots were fired during the incident, saying video from the shootout indicates weapons of multiple calibers were fired.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:19 pm

WASHINGTON - During a briefing on Chinese propaganda and press censorship, the State Department's chief spokeswoman muted the line of a reporter who tried to ask a question about John Bolton's explosive new book and attacked a second reporter who followed up.
Morgan Ortagus quickly cut off a Reuters' reporter who started to ask if any U.S. allies had reached out to the State Department's East Asian and Pacific Affairs chief, David Stilwell, in the wake of Bolton's book.

A Bloomberg reporter, Nicholas Wadhams, asked what message it sends for the State Department to refuse to answer questions about Bolton's book during a call on ensuring freedom of the press in the United States.

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:45 pm

#DarkHorseDuo 2020. Who’s down with it!

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:54 pm

Can we just leave this church alone Trump and other people in D.C.

offsides

Postby offsides » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:02 pm

Statues of Jesus will be next to go.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:10 pm

Are any under attack?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Are any under attack?
Junipero Serra was a step in that direction

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:20 pm

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hate-crime ... 1561503352

Was thinking about the Bubba Wallace story. Until video/photo or something comes out of the supposed noose, I think skepticism is perfectly normal in this day and age.

This is a cottage industry and there are way too many people that benefit from stuff like this, most notably the "victims" themselves. Not saying that is the case with Wallace, but I'm going to need to see someone get caught.
More incidents followed, and Mr. Reilly’s skepticism grew. “This phenomenon of fake hate crimes did not appear to be small-scale or regionally based,” he writes. A gay pastor in Texas accused a Whole Foods store of selling him a cake with a slur written in icing. The store produced video evidence that the pastor was lying. A white woman in Oregon disfigured her own face with acid and claimed a black man had attacked her. Later, she admitted fabricating the entire story. After signs that read “blacks only” and “whites only” were found at bathroom entrances on the University at Buffalo campus in upstate New York, a black graduate student confessed to posting them.

Mr. Reilly eventually compiled a database of 346 hate-crime allegations and determined that less than a third were genuine. Turning his attention to the hoaxes, he put together a data set of more than 400 confirmed cases of fake allegations that were reported to authorities between 2010 and 2017. He allows that the exact number of false reports is probably unknowable, but what can be said “with absolute confidence is that the actual number of hate crime hoaxes is indisputably large,” he writes. “We are not speaking here of just a few bad apples.”

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:25 pm

Are any under attack?
I saw an article some where they are/were. Didn't click the link, don't really care. I think the issue was stemming more from Jesus being portrayed as white.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:27 pm

Are any under attack?
I saw an article some where they are/were. Didn't click the link, don't really care. I think the issue was stemming more from Jesus being portrayed as white.
I heard something complaining about that. I remember there was a blue eyed Jesus painting in the choir room in my church where we practiced when I was 10 or so.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:28 pm

Can we just leave this church alone Trump and other people in D.C.

They won't stop.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:31 pm

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:40 pm

I believe that. Just a matter of time.

Between Jesus being portrayed as white and priest banging little boys, the church and the crusades, etc.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Between Jesus being portrayed as white and priest banging little boys, the church and the crusades, etc.
The Anti-Crusade Alliance is coming for you NAN.

NAN

Postby NAN » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 pm

The Anti-Crusade Alliance is coming for you NAN.
:twisted:

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:57 pm

Didn’t the tearing down and vandalizing of statues happen in 2017 as well? And didn’t basically the same discussion happen in here then?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 pm

We need a tweet that shows the number of statues toppled by year.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Are any under attack?
I'd be in favor of tearing down statues of Jesus.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:30 am

Are any under attack?
I'd be in favor of tearing down statues of Jesus.
So would he :fist:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:07 am

Unwashed Antifa man bun guy yells at black cop in the bottom one. Shrill banshees scream over and over again in top one. Good lord these people are obnoxious.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:46 am

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:53 am

I don't always agree with David but this is a good point. God knows I'm guilty of it. King is a grifter no doubt.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:49 am

lol

I'm not desperate.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:57 am

https://www.axios.com/bolton-trump-seco ... af00a.html

Bolton in final stages of TDS, prayers for one of our most accomplished psychopaths.
" Trump's former national security adviser elaborated on hypothetical scenarios that keep him up at night when he considers the implications if Trump wins re-election.

Biological weapons: "If Trump's response to the pandemic has proven [anything] to anybody who's contemplating acquiring a biological weapons capability, it's that he's not able to respond to it in a systematic fashion," Bolton said. "Whatever the source of this pandemic, it's a roadmap for the people who do control biological weapons, or aspire to biological weapons, what can happen."
Withdrawal from NATO: Bolton says it's "highly questionable" that Trump would stick with NATO through a second term. "I'm not averse to moving 9,000, 10,000 troops out of Germany if we're going to move them to Poland or someplace else," Bolton added. "But that's not why he's bringing those troops home. My first reaction [to Trump's German troop drawdown announcement] was this is the beginning of the end."
Alliances: "I think the alliances with Japan, South Korea, Australia, are question marks at this point," Bolton said. "If you believe the world's far away, then why have these alliances at all?"
Corruption: "I'm not talking about financial interests — that's really the lowest level of concern," Bolton said. "It's the corruption of the judicial process, the use of the power of the federal government against people who disagree with him. Protecting people who do support him who may have run afoul of some other legal or regulatory structures. It's a degradation of the strictures of the Constitution that become harder and harder to fix."

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:26 am

He's right about the corruption part.

The rest of the stuff is just typical bolton