Politics And Current Events

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:27 pm

Don't want to hook up with HIV positive men? You are missing out!

"If guys want to give their boyfriends AIDS it literally doesn't affect your life. Unless you're afraid you'll catch it if you pass them on the street. Why do you care?!" -- Shmeguin probably, if he were still around.
Wonder if either of you read the article.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:35 pm

:lol: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/parentin ... 6brG1EUGwa

Nothing like making a child a victim of your social justice experiment.
I want my little one to know that all people deserve to be loved — to be whoever they are — no matter what colors they like, outfits they wear or hobbies they enjoy. That looks, attitudes, interests, feelings and identities can be fluid and evolve over time, regardless of one’s biological sex. That no one should ever experience limitations on their ambitions, discrimination, bullying or violence because of their gender.
This kid is definitely doomed.

Is this really worse than pushing your political beliefs on your child? Your racial (if they are negative) and social beliefs? I’d be interested to see how this kid turns out and if there’s any lasting negatives.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Don't want to hook up with HIV positive men? You are missing out!

"If guys want to give their boyfriends AIDS it literally doesn't affect your life. Unless you're afraid you'll catch it if you pass them on the street. Why do you care?!" -- Shmeguin probably, if he were still around.
Wonder if either of you read the article.
Okay Dejan. Admittedly i did not read past the headline.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:26 pm

I want my little one to know that all people deserve to be loved — to be whoever they are — no matter what colors they like, outfits they wear or hobbies they enjoy. That looks, attitudes, interests, feelings and identities can be fluid and evolve over time, regardless of one’s biological sex. That no one should ever experience limitations on their ambitions, discrimination, bullying or violence because of their gender.

Is this really worse than pushing your political beliefs on your child? Your racial (if they are negative) and social beliefs?
Your religion?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:32 pm

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:36 pm

Your religion?
dude, there's nothing quite like introducing a child to the concept of hell
it's a very special moment
one to be remembered and cherished

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Your religion?
dude, there's nothing quite like introducing a child to the concept of hell
it's a very special moment
one to be remembered and cherished
We didn't raise our children in the church but two of them had classmates in elementary school tell them they were going to Hell because they didn't go to church. I attended church from 0 to 15 and never heard that. Who tells their kids that?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:04 pm

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Is this really worse than pushing your political beliefs on your child? Your racial (if they are negative) and social beliefs?
Your religion?
Yeah, guess I left off the obvious one.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:16 pm

The premise of this tweet is so stupid it makes me angry.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:51 am

Your religion?
I mean...we go to church on Sundays. I would never tell my young daughter that her friends that don't believe in God are going to hell. I agree that's cruel. That said, she has made great friends her age at church and genuinely loves going to see her friends...are we really comparing that to brainwashing a child to not have any gender identity? That child, as you pointed out, is "doomed" when he gets to grade school. Using your child as a social experiment, and directly putting them at higher risk of developing mental disorders and being victimized by bullying as they get older, is cruel.

I am not a fan of people that force their political views down their childrens' throats either, but I do not think you can compare the two. Raising a toddler as gender fluid is directly going to make their life much, much more difficult. Pushing your political beliefs on your child is distasteful but generally isn't going to really mess them up. Now, polluting your child with your racist beliefs? Yeah, that is evil. It is heartbreaking to see children that are brought up to hate.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:17 am

I thought MWB was being sarcastic.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:38 am

Your religion?
I mean...we go to church on Sundays. I would never tell my young daughter that her friends that don't believe in God are going to hell. I agree that's cruel. That said, she has made great friends her age at church and genuinely loves going to see her friends...are we really comparing that to brainwashing a child to not have any gender identity? That child, as you pointed out, is "doomed" when he gets to grade school. Using your child as a social experiment, and directly putting them at higher risk of developing mental disorders and being victimized by bullying as they get older, is cruel.

I am not a fan of people that force their political views down their childrens' throats either, but I do not think you can compare the two. Raising a toddler as gender fluid is directly going to make their life much, much more difficult. Pushing your political beliefs on your child is distasteful but generally isn't going to really mess them up. Now, polluting your child with your racist beliefs? Yeah, that is evil. It is heartbreaking to see children that are brought up to hate.
I think there a spectrum here. Obviously people who teach their kids to be racist or other hateful things are in the “bad” end of the spectrum. We consider an upbringing of how most of us were raised to be normal or good. But “normal” isn’t always a good thing. The influence of religion or other parts could be good or bad. All parents influence their kids with how they bring them up. I certainly don’t think there’s anything wrong with introducing religion to a kid and bringing them up that way. However, I do think there could be negatives depending on how it’s done. Where this parent is on the spectrum of this being good or bad is debatable.

Is this kid doomed? I doubt it. Generally when a child is brought up by loving parents, they’re better off. Could this bring issues? Certainly. Are they equipping the kid to deal with the issues and be fine? Unknown. If a kid is comfortable with himself/herself/whatever and confident, they’ll be fine. And quite possibly better off in the long run.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:45 am

I respect that POV MWB. I know plenty of dyed in the wool liberals that are fantastic parents with great children. But I've said this before... It is a good thing to allow your child to embrace different things. My daughter loves traditional boy stuff... Transformers, Ninjago, etc, and hates dolls. And that's great! But socially experimenting with your child, to the point where you don't even allow others to refer to he or she with their proper pronouns? Cmon

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:49 am

To add, this is all part of a bigger societal problem. You (no one specifically, just in general) think this mom is a weirdo. Your kid, most likely, will think the same of her kid. You may teacher your kid not to say anything about the weirdness, but the thought is there. Her kid, on the other hand, is more likely to be accepting of others based on upbringing.

Ted

Postby Ted » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 am

Her kid, on the other hand, is more likely to be accepting of others based on upbringing.
Based on what? The kid was minutes old and the mother was already telling the father that the benign words xe was using to the baby were incorrect. That doesn’t sound every accepting to me.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:03 am

HiC has Has Video and Audio Recordings From Giuliani’s Associate Lev Parnas: Report
The House Intelligence Committee is in possession of photos, video, and audio recordings provided by Lev Parnas, an associate of Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, multiple people familiar with the matter told ABC News. The material submitted to the committee includes audio, video and photos that include Giuliani and Trump, according to ABC News. It is unclear what the content contains, and the committees have only began accessing the material last week, ABC reports. The tapes were provided as part of the congressional subpoena issued to Parnas, who also provided documents both in English and Ukrainian to the committee, the sources told ABC News. Parnas was subpoenaed last month by House committees at the same time as his accomplice, Igor Fruman. The two men, who are both awaiting trial on campaign finance charges, had previously said through their attorney that they would not be complying with the subpoena.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:05 am

I respect that POV MWB. I know plenty of dyed in the wool liberals that are fantastic parents with great children. But I've said this before... It is a good thing to allow your child to embrace different things. My daughter loves traditional boy stuff... Transformers, Ninjago, etc, and hates dolls. And that's great! But socially experimenting with your child, to the point where you don't even allow others to refer to he or she with their proper pronouns? Cmon
I respect your POV as well.

I don’t believe there’s anything in the article that says she doesn’t let others refer to her kid with specific pronouns.

There are good and bad parents from all political spectrums. I don’t think it’s really a relevant factor.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:06 am

Her kid, on the other hand, is more likely to be accepting of others based on upbringing.
Based on what? The kid was minutes old and the mother was already telling the father that the benign words xe was using to the baby were incorrect. That doesn’t sound every accepting to me.
Based on the part of the article I quoted above.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 am

HiC has Has Video and Audio Recordings From Giuliani’s Associate Lev Parnas: Report
The House Intelligence Committee is in possession of photos, video, and audio recordings provided by Lev Parnas, an associate of Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, multiple people familiar with the matter told ABC News. The material submitted to the committee includes audio, video and photos that include Giuliani and Trump, according to ABC News. It is unclear what the content contains, and the committees have only began accessing the material last week, ABC reports. The tapes were provided as part of the congressional subpoena issued to Parnas, who also provided documents both in English and Ukrainian to the committee, the sources told ABC News. Parnas was subpoenaed last month by House committees at the same time as his accomplice, Igor Fruman. The two men, who are both awaiting trial on campaign finance charges, had previously said through their attorney that they would not be complying with the subpoena.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/25/us/g ... e=Homepage

Here's Firtash, basically saying tha Rudy, through Lev and Igor, approached him to get dirt on the Bidens. Telling him to hire Toensing and diGenova and they can make your case with the DOJ go away.
But Chuck Rosenberg, a legal expert and a United States attorney under President George W. Bush, said the “solicitation of information, under these circumstances, and to discredit the president’s political opponent, is at best “crass and ethically suspect.”

He added: “And it is even worse if Mr. Giuliani, either directly or through emissaries acting on his behalf, intimated that pending criminal cases can be ‘fixed’ at the Justice Department. The president’s lawyer seems to be trading on the president’s supervisory authority over the Justice Department, and that is deeply disturbing.”

Ted

Postby Ted » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:21 am

Raising a child “gender fluid” is not a prerequisite for any of that.

MWB

Postby MWB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:29 am

Raising a child “gender fluid” is not a prerequisite for any of that.
I didn’t say it was. Although the premise is that you don’t prejudge based on gender, which absolutely does happen with most people.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:36 am

In theory, this gender fluid kid is going to be more accepting of shaf's daughter who isn't all dolls and pretty pretty princesses. While the others may call her a tomboy, this kid who is being raised to see behavior without the boundaries of gender stereotypes just sees her as a person who likes Transformers.

Now, as Ted said, you don't have to raise your kid gender fluid to do that. It's a pretty extreme step to reach the desired results. And while it may set them up for ridicule in the classroom if they don't start referring to themselves one way or the other by the time they reach Kindergarten, being exposed to many things without the the stigma of sex, erm gender, defining those interests may open up career possibilities that are only now are starting to break apart. Women in STEM fields, Men in nursing and primary education, areas where society needs diverse representation and hasn't achieved it yet.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:38 am

What if men not being nurses and women not being auto mechanics is ok?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:40 am

In theory, this gender fluid kid is going to be more accepting of shaf's daughter who isn't all dolls and pretty pretty princesses. While the others may call her a tomboy, this kid who is being raised to see behavior without the boundaries of gender stereotypes just sees her as a person who likes Transformers.

Now, as Ted said, you don't have to raise your kid gender fluid to do that. It's a pretty extreme step to reach the desired results. And while it may set them up for ridicule in the classroom if they don't start referring to themselves one way or the other by the time they reach Kindergarten, being exposed to many things without the the stigma of sex, erm gender, defining those interests may open up career possibilities that are only now are starting to break apart. Women in STEM fields, Men in nursing and primary education, areas where society needs diverse representation and hasn't achieved it yet.
Plus, in general, kids are very open to change. It parents like Ted that hold them back.