Politics And Current Events

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:55 am

Ms. Warren says she now will not implement Medicare for All until year three of her administration. Why the wait on such a critical issue?
These kind of comments are stupid (not just Ted’s, Warren’s too). She can’t implement M4A. Congress implements M4A and the timing of that isn’t up to her.
Having said that, understanding that there will be a period of adjustment before full blown implementation just like with the ACA should be expected by any half sentient being.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:35 am

Ms. Warren says she now will not implement Medicare for All until year three of her administration. Why the wait on such a critical issue?
These kind of comments are stupid (not just Ted’s, Warren’s too). She can’t implement M4A. Congress implements M4A and the timing of that isn’t up to her.
Having said that, understanding that there will be a period of adjustment before full blown implementation just like with the ACA should be expected by any half sentient being.
So weird. Bernie payed everything out perfectly. It’s not instantly M4A. It gets implemented over time like the current Medicare was implemented.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:39 am

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:46 am

Bolton needs to join HRC in the "please go away" camp.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 am

The fawning over never trump conservatives is probably the worst thing on Twitter right now. Even the hint of Bolton “turning” makes these tweets “news”.

Second worst thing, the idolization of technocrats testifying. Hill was the only one equipped to deal with the Nunes nonsense, but all the other people should not be fawned over for testifying truthfully.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:34 pm

Our best and brightest from the Ivy League

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:41 pm

I give it a “meh”.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Don't want to hook up with HIV positive men? You are missing out!

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:23 pm

They'll Weekend at Bernie's her until January 2021 if they have to...

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:57 pm

Fun crowd.

Parnas’s attorney, Joseph Bondy, told The Washington Post that Ukraine’s former top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, informed Parnas that he had met with Nunes in Vienna in December 2018.

Bondy also said that a top aide to Nunes, Derek Harvey, sometimes joined a group that met frequently in spring 2019 at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., to discuss the Biden matter among other topics. The group, according to Bondy, was convened by Giuliani, Trump’s personal attorney, and included Parnas, his business associate Igor Fruman, as well as journalist John Solomon and the husband-and-wife legal team of Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

MWB

Postby MWB » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:41 pm

Yet the person who is both the principal consumer and purveyor of those falsehoods is the president of the United States, just as he has been a purveyor of so many other conspiracy theories. Even now, this should astound us.

It doesn’t, because we’ve been living in a country undergoing its own dismal process of Ukrainianization: of treating fictions as facts; and propaganda as journalism; and political opponents as criminals; and political offices as business ventures; and personal relatives as diplomatic representatives; and legal fixers as shadow cabinet members; and extortion as foreign policy; and toadyism as patriotism; and fellow citizens as “human scum”; and mortal enemies as long-lost friends — and then acting as if all this is perfectly normal. This is more than a high crime. It’s a clear and present danger to our security, institutions, and moral hygiene.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/opin ... hment.html

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:44 pm

I suppose if a billionaire who was once a Democrat can become President as a Republican, Bloomberg figured a billionaire who was once a Republican can become President as a Democrat. Boo.
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/24/78209657 ... -president

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:18 pm

It gets better. ;)

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:28 pm

That is inexcusable and irresponsible in the most extreme way.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:56 pm

It must suck to be that dumb.

Ted

Postby Ted » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:17 pm

:lol: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/parentin ... 6brG1EUGwa

Nothing like making a child a victim of your social justice experiment.

eddy

Postby eddy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:29 pm

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Someone on the twitter pointed out that pat cipolone (not sure the spelling off the top of my head) is angling for chief of staff and likely leaked this info.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Pentagon chief asks for Navy secretary’s resignation over private proposal in Navy SEAL’s case
Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper asked for the resignation of Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer on Sunday after losing confidence in him over his handling of the case of a Navy SEAL accused of war crimes in Iraq, the Pentagon said.

Spencer’s resignation came in the wake of the controversial case of Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who was accused of war crimes on a 2017 deployment. He was acquitted of murder but convicted in July of posing with the corpse of a captive.

Esper asked for Spencer’s resignation after learning that he had privately proposed to White House officials that if they did not interfere with proceedings against Gallagher, then Spencer would ensure that Gallagher was able to retire as a Navy SEAL, with his Trident insignia.

Spencer’s private proposal to the White House — which he did not share with Esper over the course of several conversations about the matter — contradicted his public position on the Gallagher case, chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said in a statement.

Esper said in the statement that he was “deeply troubled by this conduct.”

“Unfortunately, as a result I have determined that Secretary Spencer no longer has my confidence to continue in his position," Esper said. "I wish Richard well.”

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:03 pm

When I stepped out into the room, I asked him to examine the words he’d said, what feeling or emotion was he trying to communicate? After all, aren’t phrases like “my beautiful princess” or “my handsome little man” placeholders for expressing love and pride? From that moment on, he’s used “mi vida” (“my life”) to convey that same feeling of pure joy and unconditional love that he felt in those first moments of holding our baby.
This woman should be sent to an institution and her son adopted by a family that won't destroy his life and let him just be a kid.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 pm

Pentagon chief asks for Navy secretary’s resignation over private proposal in Navy SEAL’s case
Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper asked for the resignation of Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer on Sunday after losing confidence in him over his handling of the case of a Navy SEAL accused of war crimes in Iraq, the Pentagon said.

Spencer’s resignation came in the wake of the controversial case of Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who was accused of war crimes on a 2017 deployment. He was acquitted of murder but convicted in July of posing with the corpse of a captive.

Esper asked for Spencer’s resignation after learning that he had privately proposed to White House officials that if they did not interfere with proceedings against Gallagher, then Spencer would ensure that Gallagher was able to retire as a Navy SEAL, with his Trident insignia.

Spencer’s private proposal to the White House — which he did not share with Esper over the course of several conversations about the matter — contradicted his public position on the Gallagher case, chief Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said in a statement.

Esper said in the statement that he was “deeply troubled by this conduct.”

“Unfortunately, as a result I have determined that Secretary Spencer no longer has my confidence to continue in his position," Esper said. "I wish Richard well.”
I don’t really know what’s going on here, but is this the military getting pissed about the pardons for war criminals?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Don't want to hook up with HIV positive men? You are missing out!

"If guys want to give their boyfriends AIDS it literally doesn't affect your life. Unless you're afraid you'll catch it if you pass them on the street. Why do you care?!" -- Shmeguin probably, if he were still around.

eddy

Postby eddy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:39 pm

House Intelligence Committee in possession of video, audio recordings from Giuliani associate Lev Parnas

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/hou ... ssion=true

Ted

Postby Ted » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:47 pm

When I stepped out into the room, I asked him to examine the words he’d said, what feeling or emotion was he trying to communicate? After all, aren’t phrases like “my beautiful princess” or “my handsome little man” placeholders for expressing love and pride? From that moment on, he’s used “mi vida” (“my life”) to convey that same feeling of pure joy and unconditional love that he felt in those first moments of holding our baby.
This woman should be sent to an institution and her son adopted by a family that won't destroy his life and let him just be a kid.
How privileged white male authoritarian of you to declare that child a boy. Pig