Politics And Current Events

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:07 am

willey's got a point on the breakdown. Blue collar workers aren't universally white. This is where Trump's immigration policy plays strongest, more immigrants and refugees get their start in blue collar, non degreed positions. So his largest support base is in people who are in direct competition. It's not a smart guy versus dumb guy dynamic, it's a who is coming to hurt your lifestyle one.
Seems to me like it's explained by the rural - urban divide. I think Trump's biggest vulnerability comes from the female vote in the suburbs. And that's where the risk is from Warren or Sanders. So while Biden would turn off the Chapo Trap House crowd, their political views are on par with the folks that voted Trump for the lulz.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:13 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ckson.html

Great self own.
Donald Trump can’t possibly be racist because he allowed Donald Trump Jr to play video games with Michael Jackson, the President’s eldest son writes in his provocative new book.

To refute the accusation made against his father, Don Jr says that when he was a kid, he would spend time with the King of Pop, who had an apartment in Trump Tower in Manhattan.

‘Oh, and by the way, given all the things my father has been called, particularly a “racist,” it sure sounds odd that he’d let his son vacation with a black man or hang out with Michael Jackson, doesn’t it?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 am

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:33 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ckson.html

Great self own.
Donald Trump can’t possibly be racist because he allowed Donald Trump Jr to play video games with Michael Jackson, the President’s eldest son writes in his provocative new book.

To refute the accusation made against his father, Don Jr says that when he was a kid, he would spend time with the King of Pop, who had an apartment in Trump Tower in Manhattan.

‘Oh, and by the way, given all the things my father has been called, particularly a “racist,” it sure sounds odd that he’d let his son vacation with a black man or hang out with Michael Jackson, doesn’t it?

There's multiple levels to this one.

NAN

Postby NAN » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:00 am

Michael Jackson died white.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:20 am

willey's got a point on the breakdown. Blue collar workers aren't universally white. This is where Trump's immigration policy plays strongest, more immigrants and refugees get their start in blue collar, non degreed positions. So his largest support base is in people who are in direct competition. It's not a smart guy versus dumb guy dynamic, it's a who is coming to hurt your lifestyle one.
Pretty sure willey's point was to refute Shyster's claim that blue collar workers are turning their backs on the Democrats in droves, not really related to the poll. The poll shows that black, hispanic and 'other' voters of all classes still overwhelmingly support the D's.

So, it is really a matter of stupid (and racist) people like Trump.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:28 am

Pretty sure willey's point was to refute Shyster's claim that blue collar workers are turning their backs on the Democrats in droves, not really related to the poll. The poll shows that black, hispanic and 'other' voters of all classes still overwhelmingly support the D's.

Except Democrats are losing black and Hispanics support.

Ted

Postby Ted » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am

When they go low, we go high!

This says a lot more about you than you realize.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:38 am

Michael Jackson died white.
Michael Jackson's race was the least important thing about that excerpt.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:49 am

When they go low, we go high!

This says a lot more about you than you realize.
lol

Perhaps I should have said that the uneducated and ignorant (and racist) like Trump, although I do know several undeniably stupid Trump supporters..
Last edited by Willie Kool on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:49 am

I think I had mentioned this previously, but anyone that is standing outside my polling place and handing out pamphlets for their candidate... nope. I'll vote against you every single time. I called and reported it last year or maybe in the 2016 election. They said they'd look into it. Apparently due to the way my polling place is set up where there are a set of doors inside the doors, they're technically allowed to do it there. It is only an issue if they're at the door to the actual polling room.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:03 pm

I think I had mentioned this previously, but anyone that is standing outside my polling place and handing out pamphlets for their candidate... nope. I'll vote against you every single time. I called and reported it last year or maybe in the 2016 election. They said they'd look into it. Apparently due to the way my polling place is set up where there are a set of doors inside the doors, they're technically allowed to do it there. It is only an issue if they're at the door to the actual polling room.
You have to be a certain amount of feet from the polls but that's pretty SOP for campaigning. If the person you voted for didn't have a person there, it's because they were at another polling location that they deemed more important than yours

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:07 pm

This is utterly, absolutely horrific. These cartels are absolute fcking animals.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... exico.html
A flat tire could have put three American Mormon mothers and six of their children in the crossfire of battling Mexican drug cartels after they were massacred in northern Mexico - as President Donald Trump has waged a war on the 'monsters' responsible.

The victims, who belonged to the LeBaron family, were ambushed by cartel gunmen eight miles apart on a dirt road in the Mexican border state of Sonora on Monday while traveling in a convoy of three SUVs.

The mothers were driving in separate vehicles with their children from the La Mora religious community where they live, which is a decades-old settlement in Sonora state founded as part of an offshoot of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Nine of the LeBaron family members were slaughtered in the massacre. Six children were wounded in the attack and five have since been transferred to hospitals in Phoenix, Arizona.
Relatives told DailyMail.com that her car broke down after she blew a tire. She returned to their community to get another car and set off again shortly before the other two mothers left.

Gunmen opened fire and torched her vehicle causing the gas tank to explode. She was killed along with her twin six-month-old babies, Titus and Tiana, her 10-year-old daughter Krystal and 12-year-old son Howard.

A video posted on social media showed the charred and smoking remains of her vehicle riddled with bullet holes.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:09 pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/amy-robac ... -to-royals
ABC News anchor Amy Robach was caught on camera slamming her own network for allegedly sitting on the Jeffrey Epstein story three years ago. In a video clip released by right-wing group Project Veritas on Tuesday, Robach is seemingly caught on a hot mic complaining to colleagues that her Epstein story was suppressed by network executives. Robach says she’d spoken to Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who alleges Epstein used her as a sex slave and trafficked her to his powerful friends, including Britain’s Prince Andrew. “I’ve had this interview with Virginia Roberts .. we would not put it on the air,” Robach says on camera. “First of all, I was told ‘Who’s Jeffrey Epstein?’... Then the palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways.” She went on to say the network was afraid that running the story would prevent interviews with Kate Middleton and and Prince William. “It was unbelievable what we had. [Bill] Clinton—we had everything. I tried for three years to get it on to no avail and now it’s all coming out and it’s like these new revelations.”

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:10 pm

It might be time to legalize drugs in this country.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:11 pm

The state of drug legalization in this country is absolutely no excuse for burning six-month children to death, but your point is valid. Anything to take power out of the hands of the cartels.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:13 pm

ABC News anchor Amy Robach was caught on camera slamming her own network for allegedly sitting on the Jeffrey Epstein story three years ago. In a video clip released by right-wing group Project Veritas on Tuesday, Robach is seemingly caught on a hot mic complaining to colleagues that her Epstein story was suppressed by network executives. Robach says she’d spoken to Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who alleges Epstein used her as a sex slave and trafficked her to his powerful friends, including Britain’s Prince Andrew. “I’ve had this interview with Virginia Roberts .. we would not put it on the air,” Robach says on camera. “First of all, I was told ‘Who’s Jeffrey Epstein?’... Then the palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways.” She went on to say the network was afraid that running the story would prevent interviews with Kate Middleton and and Prince William. “It was unbelievable what we had. [Bill] Clinton—we had everything. I tried for three years to get it on to no avail and now it’s all coming out and it’s like these new revelations.”
ABC's got some explaining to do.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:14 pm

You have to be a certain amount of feet from the polls but that's pretty SOP for campaigning. If the person you voted for didn't have a person there, it's because they were at another polling location that they deemed more important than yours
And that's fine... I would rather the law be that they cannot even be on the property. These guys were standing right in front of the front doors. No way around them. I even said to the guy that I'll specifically not be voting for his candidate because of him and he said "Well, have a great day, sir..." in that IDGAF attitude.

It's probably stupid, but I suppose any reason to vote for or against a candidate for county commissioner is probably stupid....

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:16 pm

The state of drug legalization in this country is absolutely no excuse for burning six-month children to death, but your point is valid. Anything to take power out of the hands of the cartels.
Not sure how that's an excuse. What you have is a neighboring country that has basically lost control to a drug cartel. At this point, you have to ask how is a cartel able to finance an armed force capable of neutering it's national government.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Not sure how that's an excuse. What you have is a neighboring country that has basically lost control to a drug cartel. At this point, you have to ask how is a cartel able to finance an armed force capable of neutering it's national government.
Agreed, in no way did I mean to imply you were excusing it.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:32 pm

ABC's got some explaining to do.
Project Veritas gets a lot of criticism, sometimes deserved, but this is good work.

The amount of smoke surrounding this story from day one is incredible; it's definitely the most brazen the deep state cabal has ever been in giving the rest of America the middle finger.

Ted

Postby Ted » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Not hard to figure out when the head of the national government has a policy of “hugs not bullets” for dealing with cartels.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Project Veritas gets a lot of criticism, sometimes deserved, but this is good work.

The amount of smoke surrounding this story from day one is incredible; it's definitely the most brazen the deep state cabal has ever been in giving the rest of America the middle finger.
Unfortunately their history of manipulating their videos could allow for folks to be suspect of the materials they have.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:40 pm

So is Fox shilling for the right still more dangerous to this country than ABC running cover for pedophile rapists so they can get the exclusive next time the royal family has a baby? Where does the silence on this ABC story from the rest of our watchdogs fall on the danger scale?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Not hard to figure out when the head of the national government has a policy of “hugs not bullets” for dealing with cartels.
A lot of illegitimate governments in that region that the US helped to obtain power.