Politics And Current Events

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:46 pm

To both stories: I can't wrap my head around this thinking.

I consider myself a Christian so other than biological man marrying biological woman, I don't agree with. The key words being don't agree. I didn't say hate, find offensive, look down on, etc. It's mind blowing the absolute hate someone can have for another person for varying reasons. I would love to ask that Pastor where in the bible Jesus says love people unless.... It's game over at that point and any thing he says should be separated from the person saying it and what he thinks he's standing for because it's not one in the same. Also to the the Alabama person...I wish we could remove anyone who represents the people (elected) that aren't for ALL the people. I guess there wouldn't be many left at that point.

If you don't want to agree with a lifestyle, form of thinking, whatever...Great! That's the beauty. You can! But the rights any one person has and enjoys should be the same across the board. How people can think otherwise is beyond my comprehension and it honestly makes my head hurt trying to understand it. Sadly Morkle and Shmenguin are dead on with their comments and that's the real unfortunate plight we have.
Last edited by Beveridge on Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:47 pm

The only thing that 'costs' more than an F-35 is more F-35s.

:pop:

Oh, that reminds me, I meant to post this for you. An entire series of new articles by Defense News on the deficits of the F-35 based on newly-leaked documents. Read and enjoy:

https://www.defensenews.com/smr/hidden-troubles-f35/

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:52 pm

To both stories: I can't wrap my head around this thinking.

I consider myself a Christian so other than biological man marrying biological woman, I don't agree with. The key words being don't agree. I didn't say hate, find offensive, look down on, etc. It's mind blowing the absolute hate someone can have for another person for varying reasons. I would love to ask that Pastor where in the bible Jesus says love people unless.... It's game over at that point and any thing he says should be separated from the person saying it and what he thinks he's standing for because it's not one in the same. Also to the the Alabama person...I wish we could remove anyone who represents the people (elected) that aren't for ALL the people. I guess there wouldn't be many left at that point.

If you don't want to agree with a lifestyle, form of thinking, whatever...Great! That's the beauty. You can! But the rights any one person has and enjoys should be the same across the board. How people can think otherwise is beyond my comprehension and it honestly makes my head hurt trying to understand it. Sadly Morkle and Shmenguin are dead on with their comments and that's the real unfortunate plight we have.
Your thinking to me is exactly how it should be. I go to church almost every Sunday. I don't particularly always believe everything, but I can safely answer "if Jesus came back right now, what would he think of me?" I think he'd understand that I'm doing the best I can with what I've got, and I'm looking to help people absolutely anywhere I can.

I refuse to believe that the people that openly say these things, really within their hearts think they're fighting for the greater good. They're simply lost, imo.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:54 pm

GOP county official stands by anti-LGBT comments: 'Gay people are offensive to me'
“Do you understand, though, how your words can be offensive to gay people or to anybody?” reporter Andrea Ramey asked Benson.

“And gay people are offensive to me. Do you understand that?” he replied.

“All gay people, just because they’re gay, are offensive to you?” Ramey then asked.

“They can be very offensive. All this beautiful rainbow stuff. When one of our presidents lit the White House with wonderful rainbow colors that offended me,” Benson said, noting how former President Obama had the pride flag displayed following the 2015 Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage.
“It’s not only the gays, the LBG-ABC whatever,” he said. “All groups have gotten just too strong, too powerful.”
Neat.
I bet we read something related to the numerous cacks he's had in his mouth in the near future.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Hehehe..... read that sentence as Mickey the Pikey from Snatch.

"numerouscackshe'shadinhismouth"

:lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:59 pm

The only thing that 'costs' more than an F-35 is more F-35s.

:pop:

Oh, that reminds me, I meant to post this for you. An entire series of new articles by Defense News on the deficits of the F-35 based on newly-leaked documents. Read and enjoy:

https://www.defensenews.com/smr/hidden-troubles-f35/
I commented on a Facebook post a week or so ago on a story about how the jet is meeting design goals and targets with "goals and targets that have been repeatedly revised downwards for 15 years". And someone (I'm guessing a Lockheed or subcontractor employee) responded with "that's not true", or somesuch. And his reply got more laughy smiley responses than my underlying comment got responses in total.

If this was 1995, and none of the aircraft it is replacing had ever existed, you would look at the jet and reasonably be like "huh, that's good".

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:59 pm

I haven't read or heard someone say cacks in ages. I thought that was a Westmoreland county thing.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:02 pm

I haven't read or heard someone say cacks in ages. I thought that was a Westmoreland county thing.
Love cacks. Use it all the time. Wait....

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Religious people are some of the most "non-religious-like" people I know. It's honestly more offensive that these people use their Christian beliefs to push on others, who are more likely to just live their lives without disrupting yours.
Sort of the opposite for me. I mean... they’re toxic for actual social progress or simply adopting new ideas past age 5. But the deists in my life are probably the most selfless people I know. They’re just huge weirdos who shouldn’t be consulted about anything of consequence.
I feel like some of the largest "collective" issues we deal with as a country are often times trumpeted by people holding a book and pointing to words taken completely out of context, usually aimed at making someone's life worse, without impacting their own with the exception of what's written in the book that may or may not be completely true.
another way to put this is that a large part of this country props their "culture" up as armor, as if it has some sort of elevated value - and isn't simply a non-essential indoctrinated artifact from your upbringing. and this goes beyond religion. we have things grandfathered into the zeitgeist that shouldn't be, and we pay the price.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:04 pm

10 people shot outside a nightclub in Allentown this morning :shock:
Ten people were injured in a shooting early Thursday outside a lounge in the eastern Pennsylvania city of Allentown, and police are looking for what they believe are several shooters, authorities said.

Several people -- likely three -- opened fire just before 2 a.m. outside the Déjà Vu nightclub, Lehigh County District Attorney James Martin and Allentown Police Chief Tony Alsleben said in a joint statement.
"This does not appear to be an indiscriminate shooting; it appears that at least one individual was a target," the joint statement reads, without saying who the target was.
No further details were immediately available about who fired the shots, Allentown police Capt. Bill Lake said. No arrests in the case have been reported.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/20/us/penns ... index.html

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Religious people are some of the most "non-religious-like" people I know. It's honestly more offensive that these people use their Christian beliefs to push on others, who are more likely to just live their lives without disrupting yours.
Sort of the opposite for me. I mean... they’re toxic for actual social progress or simply adopting new ideas past age 5. But the deists in my life are probably the most selfless people I know. They’re just huge weirdos who shouldn’t be consulted about anything of consequence.
I feel like some of the largest "collective" issues we deal with as a country are often times trumpeted by people holding a book and pointing to words taken completely out of context, usually aimed at making someone's life worse, without impacting their own with the exception of what's written in the book that may or may not be completely true.
another way to put this is that a large part of this country props their "culture" up as armor, as if it has some sort of elevated value - and isn't simply a non-essential indoctrinated artifact from your upbringing. and this goes beyond religion. we have things grandfathered into the zeitgeist that shouldn't be, and we pay the price.
Oh absolutely, and you won't find an argument from me there. I just get super fired up about these particular instances because I truly hope the God I believe in doesn't allow hate like this to make it past the pearly gates.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Roy Moore is running for Senate again in Alabama. Yay.

That's one of the D seats I think you could've absolutely written off for 2020..... unless the R nominee ended up being Roy Moore again. So we'll see how the primary shakes out, as Sessions is rumored to be in the running to reclaim his seat.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:11 pm

It's interesting too because Trump was openly against him as of like two weeks ago.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:27 pm

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:30 pm

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/06/ ... J4wtfIBi3Y
“Girls deserve to compete on a level playing field,” Christiana Holcomb, legal counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom, said. “Women fought long and hard to earn the equal athletic opportunities that Title IX provides. Allowing boys to compete in girls’ sports reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women under this law. We shouldn’t force these young women to be spectators in their own sports.”
The Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference says its policy follows a state anti-discrimination law requiring students to be treated as the gender with which they identify. That ultimately means athletes can compete according to their expressed gender identity and not by the sex assigned at birth.
:face:

I've talked about this issue before, but this, to me, is one of those unique situations where tolerance and acceptance has gotten so aggressively crammed down our collective throats, that we have reached full circle and are starting to oppress groups that themselves were previously viewed as vulnerable groups.

Allowing people to compete in sports as a different gender than what is on their birth certificate is red meat for right-wingers that like to talk about "libtards". It is a patently absurd notion to allow a barely-transitioned male to compete against women in sports where men have a huge advantage physiologically, and yet here we are.

Yes, this is a result of schools, authorities, and sports organizations bending over backwards to give the LGBT movement every single concession they ask for and then some. I'm starting to wonder if that movement has gotten way more powerful than it should, because it seems the larger LGBT organizations have the power to ask for just about whatever they want in instances like these, because they know that the groups they are targeting are terrified of getting the wrath of the LGBT community/SJW's. The mob mentality is actually a little scary.

Yes, this issue is a hot-button for me :) The transgender men's/women's sports thing is indefensible, though. I really think the "T" should just be separated from the "LGB", because that community is about 100x more radical and batsht crazy than their peers.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:47 pm

That Gender=Sex is one of the things I'm still mad at the Obama administration over. I understand why they did it, and I think the goal was honorable (to protect trans people in existing discrimination legislation). But the second and third layer effects have not helped individual people deal with the issue at all.

Also, the IAAF case against Semenya released a bunch of docs this week and it backed up the hypothesis that while she is a woman (had all the parts), she also had nondescended testes that were producing testosterone and giving her an unfair advantage.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Bleeding John Bolton Stumbles Into Capitol Building Claiming That Iran Shot Him
Upon further questioning, Bolton admitted that the incident had happened so fast that it was possible he’d been attacked by Venezuela or North Korea.

U.S. Claims Drone Was Minding Own Business On Its Way To Church When Iran Attacked It Out Of Nowhere
At press time, Department of Defense officials confirmed that their request for Iran to return the drone’s body back to the U.S. for a proper burial had gone unanswered.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:55 pm

That Gender=Sex is one of the things I'm still mad at the Obama administration over. I understand why they did it, and I think the goal was honorable (to protect trans people in existing discrimination legislation). But the second and third layer effects have not helped individual people deal with the issue at all.

Also, the IAAF case against Semenya released a bunch of docs this week and it backed up the hypothesis that while she is a woman (had all the parts), she also had nondescended testes that were producing testosterone and giving her an unfair advantage.
Definitely agree on your first point--a lot of unintended consequences. Similar to their overhaul of Title IX.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:15 pm

The police earning the hate thread has 215 posts. Even if they represented 215 individual acts of police being very bad at their job, that's out of 700k law enforcement officers.
We found 85,000 cops who’ve been investigated for misconduct. Now you can read their records.
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 223984002/

85,000 cops who’ve been investigated for misconduct.

30,000 cops who have been banned from the profession by states revoking their certification to be LEOs.

The "few bad apples" argument is false. There are a lot of bad cops, and a lot of other cops who are willing to cover for them.

I personally don't hate the police. I don't like them, but I don't hate them, either. But a lot of people do, and the purpose of the "Earning the Hate" thread is to demonstrate that the hate is, in many cases, justified by the deep rottenness that runs through the profession. As aptly described above by Tony and tifosi, police officers' actions are cloaked with the authority of the state, and they literally possess the power to kill people. They should not only be held to a higher standard, they should be held to the highest standards of behavior, and any "bad at their job" behavior is utterly unacceptable, especially when in many cases we are talking about intentional wrongdoing . A cop who plants or manufactures evidence is not "bad at his job." He's a criminal and a lying sack of crap. A cop who shoots and kills an unarmed suspect without verifying a deadly threat is not "bad at his job." He's a murderer who belongs in prison.

If I'm bad at my job, my client might lose the case. I might even be sued for malpractice. But if a cop is "bad at his job," them people lose their property, lose their freedom, or lose their lives. Unacceptable.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:19 pm

:thumb:

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:46 pm

Bleeding John Bolton Stumbles Into Capitol Building Claiming That Iran Shot Him
Upon further questioning, Bolton admitted that the incident had happened so fast that it was possible he’d been attacked by Venezuela or North Korea.

U.S. Claims Drone Was Minding Own Business On Its Way To Church When Iran Attacked It Out Of Nowhere
At press time, Department of Defense officials confirmed that their request for Iran to return the drone’s body back to the U.S. for a proper burial had gone unanswered.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:56 pm

If anything, the preponderance of racist cops should probably reflect the preponderance of racism as a whole.
Preponderance:
the quality or fact of being greater in number, quantity, or importance

Honestly, if I weren't as thick skinned as I am I wouldn't be on this message board anymore. Between this bullshit and the Cops Earning the Hate thread it makes me want to puke.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:00 pm

The government is not required to provide migrant children in custody on the border with soap, toothbrushes, or adequate bedding, a lawyer for the Trump Justice Department insisted in court Tuesday. A consent decree guaranteeing “safe and sanitary” conditions, the government argued, is too vague to be enforceable. The assertions left a panel of three judges for the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals incredulous, with one stating plainly: “I find that inconceivable that the government would say that.”
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... mp-850744/

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:15 pm

**** despicable.