Politics And Current Events

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:22 pm

this is a good twitter rant imo

https://imgur.com/gallery/ARqxP

I await the library truthers explanation of why, actually, publicly funded libraries are bad
:thumb: :thumb:

My kids absolutely love the library. Beyond the books that they love to grab and take home, there's story time every Wednesday that they always look forward to, as well as puzzles and games they can play while there. We'll also let them take out a movie if they want.

My wife and I rely on the library for our morning commutes. Head to the Pittsburgh Sports Media thread to see why audio books from the library are a saving grace. In addition to our Netflix DVD account, we supplement our TV shows/movies with DVDs from the library to fill the time while we are waiting for a new Netflix to arrive.

And all this is free to boot.
The dude surrendered:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:23 pm

I have a hard time believing that the GOP would go after the ability of people to save for their future. Are they really that stupid?
The same group that got Trump into office?

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Nah, keep replying. Dude deserves it

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:46 pm

Some interesting information for all you good students who are civil.
The long anticipated release of the #JFKFiles will take place tomorrow. So interesting!

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Interesting that the state and local tax deduction is still being discussed. Looking at the list of the top ten states by income tax rate, there are, if I'm counting correctly, almost 40 Republicans in the House from those states.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm sure you can turn them on to a special dark web pony girls group.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:32 pm

:lol:

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:25 pm

If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.
-FZ

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:26 pm

That's an awfullly cute pony.

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:31 pm

That's an awfullly cute pony.
Last edited by Willie Kool on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:32 pm

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... -hospital/

Musk's company Tesla Motors built a solar farm with battery storage on a children's hospital's parking lot. The installation is capable of generating 500 kilowatts of power, enough to run most of the hospital's equipment. The hospital does have backup diesel generators in case they run out of solar power, but now they don't have to depend on those generators exclusively.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:32 pm

re ponies thing: wtf...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Musk's company Tesla Motors built a solar farm with battery storage on a children's hospital's parking lot. The installation is capable of generating 500 kilowatts of power, enough to run most of the hospital's equipment. The hospital does have backup diesel generators in case they run out of solar power, but now they don't have to depend on those generators exclusively.
They just installed a set of super chargers just north of Bellefonte... ~5-7 minutes from the I-80 and I-99 intersection.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:39 pm

Private market remedy

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:44 pm

We need to start a pool on who will challenge Trump for the nomination.
On the DNC side, I want Harold Ford, but that won't happen.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 pm

I liked what I read about the oddly named governor of Colorado. I fully expect Trump to get republican challengers.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:17 pm

If he makes it that far.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:18 pm

I don't think you'll see any GOP challengers in 2020. Granted, there's a lot of water to sail between now and then, but so far the only people in the party with the moxie to so much as say a sideways word about Trump are those who have no electoral consequence to face for doing so - TV pundits, retiring legislators, ex-presidents (who still don't use his name in discourse, like he's Voldemort or something), etc.

Would love to be proved wrong, but without an extinction level event in the administration, I think any party challenge would have to be from someone who's outside of politics.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:31 pm

The US and Iranian battle over the pistachio nut trade
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-41640066

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:32 pm

I don't think you'll see any GOP challengers in 2020. Granted, there's a lot of water to sail between now and then, but so far the only people in the party with the moxie to so much as say a sideways word about Trump are those who have no electoral consequence to face for doing so - TV pundits, retiring legislators, ex-presidents (who still don't use his name in discourse, like he's Voldemort or something), etc.

Would love to be proved wrong, but without an extinction level event in the administration, I think any party challenge would have to be from someone who's outside of politics.

It's a long way to primary season. We shall see.

large garlic

Postby large garlic » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:34 pm

I came across this article from The Hill (http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/35 ... ection-law) that says funding the dossier could have been in violation of campaign finance laws, since it doesn't appear that the Clinton campaign explicitly reported that they were paying that money for opposition research, instead funneling it through a law firm that then paid for the dossier. I don't know enough to know if there's any merit to that.

But I'd bet we're in for another round of Clinton investigations.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:38 pm

I came across this article from The Hill (http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/35 ... ection-law) that says funding the dossier could have been in violation of campaign finance laws, since it doesn't appear that the Clinton campaign explicitly reported that they were paying that money for opposition research, instead funneling it through a law firm that then paid for the dossier. I don't know enough to know if there's any merit to that.

So in other words, Trump will end up getting in trouble because of the evidence found, but it won't matter because of Clinton's money. That should be fun.

large garlic

Postby large garlic » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:39 pm

I'd also bet on Trump not having a primary challenger in 2020. I don't think the dynamics of the primary have changed all that much since 2015-2016. Maybe if there were only one establishment candidate that could consolidate those voters early on instead of the half-dozen or so candidates in that mold last time, it could be a closer race, but I doubt any such hypothetical candidate would have enough pull with the base to be a real threat.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:42 pm

So in other words, Trump will end up getting in trouble because of the evidence found, but it won't matter because of Clinton's money. That should be fun.
No, in other words, the Clinton campaign is found to be doing the exact things that you all declared treason. That's a nice spin you put on it tho.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Are Corker and Flake (the original tea party guy) part of the liberal conspiracy to take down Trump?