Politics And Current Events

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:27 am

I see that Cory Booker has been vetted by the Clinton Crime Family.
This would please Mrs Tif, but as was noted his replacement to the Senate would be appointed by a Republican governor. That should be a non-starter.
I just looked it up and it honestly broke my heart a little bit.
WTF do the Clintons have on these people? It's freaking creepy.
What are you talking about? He's being considered as a potential vp pick and your takeaway is that the Clintons have something on him?

I think she is saying that she thought he had morals and wouldn't run with someone devoid of them.

Yes.

Reveutopique

Postby Reveutopique » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:46 am

Until today I used to get messages everyday from my friend who had been raped when she was younger. She would ask me why i don't plan to vote in this election and we would go back and forth.

And then the other night I realized that she was scared for herself and for other women. She was scared for me.

It will be the ultimate sexual assault perp getting away with it story of Trump wins. She's afraid people will be able to do anything they want to women, to each other, but to women especially.

The other night my friend and I went through a list of all the women we know who have been sexually harassed or assaulted. Out of a good number of our friends most were. Even we were. It was insane.

I can't stop seeing things about Trump.
People won't talk to their parents.
Idk why but it feels like such a betrayal to have your own parents vote for that man. I won't let this idiocy divide my family but I have to say, just talking to my parents on the phone. I can't think of them the same way.
I can't wrap my head around it.

Makes me feel like I can't leave my children alone with them.... Probably come home saying the N word or something.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:49 am

Until today I used to get messages everyday from my friend who had been raped when she was younger. She would ask me why i don't plan to vote in this election and we would go back and forth.

And then the other night I realized that she was scared for herself and for other women. She was scared for me.

It will be the ultimate sexual assault perp getting away with it story of Trump wins. She's afraid people will be able to do anything they want to women, to each other, but to women especially.

The other night my friend and I went through a list of all the women we know who have been sexually harassed or assaulted. Out of a good number of our friends most were. Even we were. It was insane.

Idk why but it feels like such a betrayal to have your own parents vote for that man. I won't let this idiocy divide my family but I have to say, just talking to my parents on the phone. I can't think of them the same way.

Makes me feel like I can't leave my children alone with them.... Probably come home saying the N word or something.
I'm not sure you can teach empathy.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:32 am

My dad is the same way. Trump appeals in a big way to boomers that grew up fearing foreigners, fearing change, and pursuing the American Dream by pulling up their bootstraps. The faux aura of him being a self-made hard worker somehow overshadows everything else.

Hopefully next election shifts focus from impressing boomer voters to the generation that was sold college as the only way to advance.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Washington mother accused of injecting heroin into children, calling it ‘sleep juice'
http://www.wpxi.com/news/hot-topics/was ... /462704287

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:52 pm

:(

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:03 pm

They are both terrible.

Keep in mind that Hillary enabled her husband to diddle interns and then shamed the accusers.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Some of you people are looney with what you think will happen with a trump presidency.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:19 pm

You've repeatedly stated that Hillary would "ruin" America.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:21 pm

I don't know if he's said that, but I do recall him saying that Bush and Obama have already ruined the country... not much ruining left to do, I'd imagine.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:24 pm

Considering how markets react to news of Trump gaining ground, it's pretty safe to say that a lot of people think Trump would be terrible for the economy.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Ruin as in economically and such, not that people will just go around raping and sexually abusing people with no consequences because who is elected... dear lord that is completely different.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:26 pm

People think that a Trump presidency will legalize rape?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Not legalize, but look just a couple posts up.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:28 pm

So you're saying Trump won't carry on Bubba's initiative of National Sexual Harassment Day? Hmph...

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:28 pm

The strengthening of the executive branch has been growing for quite some time. I read that Schlesinger book a while ago "The Imperial Presidency" and it outlined how the executive has become a pretty unilateral branch with regards to foreign policy. I think that in itself is enough to make people terrified of a Trump presidency.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:30 pm

Ruin as in economically and such, not that people will just go around raping and sexually abusing people with no consequences because who is elected... dear lord that is completely different.
Can you come outside of hyperbole a little, then maybe discuss.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:30 pm

People are saying he's going to implement rape quotas.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:30 pm

The strengthening of the executive branch has been growing for quite some time. I read that Schlesinger book a while ago "The Imperial Presidency" and it outlined how the executive has become a pretty unilateral branch with regards to foreign policy. I think that in itself is enough to make people terrified of a Trump presidency.
In this sense, the Trump presidency could be a positive one - in theory - because everyone would be diving on the bomb to prevent it from exploding, so to speak...in short, the repercussions of him being in charge in that we return to the actual rules so that he doesn't have as much say/power/etc.

Full on Sharia Law, as predicted, notwithstanding...

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:31 pm

This book is excellent on this

https://www.amazon.com/Once-Future-King ... 1594037930
Last edited by Freddy Rumsen on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:31 pm

What about a woman that cares only about power, money and can get away with breaking laws that all of us would go to federal prison for?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:33 pm

In this sense, the Trump presidency could be a positive one - in theory - because everyone would be diving on the bomb to prevent it from exploding, so to speak...in short, the repercussions of him being in charge in that we return to the actual rules so that he doesn't have as much say/power/etc.
What? After electing that lunatic, the country and politicians will then act rationally to prevent further national disgrace.

Couldn't disagree more.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Can you come outside of hyperbole a little, then maybe discuss.

What hyperbole...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:33 pm

What about a woman that cares only about power, money and can get away with breaking laws that all of us would go to federal prison for?
Are you talking about Martha Stewart or Oprah?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:34 pm

With Clinton we get an oligarchical 1% kleptocracy, with Trump we get Trump.