You know what really grinds my gears...

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:54 pm

When I played, if the person yelling was really good, i had no issue with it. If they weren't good, they were an annoying joke.
When I was in high school hockey the goalie on my junior year team was arrogant as all hell. Not just in hockey, in school he just had this attitude that he was better than everyone. I went offside twice in the same game once and for the entire season he called me "mr. offsides" Funny thing was I was the second best player on the team and 3rd in the league in scoring, but got talked down to every practice for going offside twice in a game. Late in the season during a game, a puck comes rolling in to him on a dump and change, he's on his knees and tries this big elaborate scoop of the puck to showboat for some reason, and as he snatched up the puck he tossed it over his shoulder and into the net. We were yelling at him from the bench and he skated halfway to the red line pointing at the door and yelling at our bench threatening to quit. He never once opened his mouth the rest of that year or senior year.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:16 am

Thunderstorms in the middle of the night that cause the kids to jump out of bed.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:48 am

The fact that many stories run on GMA as I'm getting ready for work are rerun on Nightline as I'm falling asleep.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:52 am

people that drive up penn avenue in wilkinsburg like it is 2 lanes

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:38 pm

When you're writing something and your pen hits like a small crumb or something that was left behind and throws off the whole letter/word...

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:45 pm

That's what you get for eating at your desk!

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:04 pm

Yeah, I knew that was coming...I do keep it pretty tidy, but you just can't catch everything...well, that is, until you try to write neatly...which is a chore on its own for me...

TeamCake

Postby TeamCake » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Pittsburgh Dad, people that complain about having to select English on the atm, and my neighbors windchimes.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:26 pm

If you have to choose English, you should only have to choose it once. If I return to an ATM and select a foreign language I want the machine to shred my card immediately.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:06 am

SEPTA. My train was 20 minutes late night. Not that bad, but since the next train was in 15 minutes, everyone that would normally get on 2 trains gets on this one. So it's super crowded and we wind up arriving 30 minutes late because it takes longer to depart from each station. And now this morning the train before mine was cancelled due to mechanical problems, which is a common occurrence on this line, and it is sardine city again. I'd drive into work but they've been working on 95 for the last 5 years and it takes twice as long to drive in.
Last edited by Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:26 am

im annoyed that carly rae jepsen tainted her legacy with 'i reallly really really really really like you'

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:48 am

SEPTA. My train was 20 minutes late night. Not that bad, but since the next train was in 15 minutes, everyone that would normally get on 2 trains gets on this one. So it's super crowded and we wind up arriving 30 minutes late because it takes longer to depart from each station. And now this morning the train before mine was cancelled due to mechanical problems, which is a common occurrence on this line, and it is sardine city again. I'd drive into work but they've been working on 95 for the last 5 years and it takes twice as long to drive in.
Could be worse...

http://6abc.com/news/students-brawl-on- ... ne/676703/

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:12 am

Randomly unexplained traffic. I've been driving to my new job for 2 months now, and it always takes between 35-38 minutes if I leave at the right time. Today, it was backed up for no apparent reason and it took nearly 50. No accidents. No disabled vehicles. Not even any construction. I don't get it.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:55 am

im annoyed that carly rae jepsen tainted her legacy with 'i reallly really really really really like you'
And yet she somehow paid Tom Hanks enough money to star in the video for that horrific song.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:00 am

When you're at Buffalo Wild Wings, enjoying watching the Pens game, and you have to pee, so you go to the bathroom, and come back out and the Pens game isn't on any more... wtf?
It's because NYR scored in overtime, but I was still really confused.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:58 am

The new in-browser Google Maps sucks so bad. Why change a good thing?
People complaining about the the Google Maps in-browser interface, which is clearly an improvement over previous iterations.
:wink:

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:05 am

When you're at Buffalo Wild Wings, enjoying watching the Pens game, and you have to pee, so you go to the bathroom, and come back out and the Pens game isn't on any more... wtf?
It's because NYR scored in overtime, but I was still really confused.
You peed during overtime?

It's all your fault!

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:17 am

i wonder if all the adult females who like this music consciously realize that it is being created for small children.

Z'MaattaU

Postby Z'MaattaU » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:44 am

And yet she somehow paid Tom Hanks enough money to star in the video for that horrific song.
Who said she paid him? :shock:

Clams Herbert

Postby Clams Herbert » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Cash isn't the only currency ;)

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:30 pm

People who carry on a conversation with someone while they have dialed a number and are waiting for someone to pick up. When the person answers all they hear is you, mid sentence, talking to someone else.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Cash isn't the only currency ;)
'For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged.'

Hanks probably did it as a favor. They may share management/agent, or something. Or maybe he just thought it'd be fun.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:23 pm

People who carry on a conversation with someone while they have dialed a number and are waiting for someone to pick up. When the person answers all they hear is you, mid sentence, talking to someone else.
Total power move, you're now waiting for them.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Smart cars or any mini vehicle.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:00 pm

I feel like if someone hit me as a pedestrian with their Smart car, the driver would be in greater physical peril.