Politics And Current Events

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:29 pm

Let him stay there and figure out. Win that stupid prize if it happens.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:36 pm

dude did it as a stunt. he's a pro-lifer "raising money for a homeless pregnant woman" - "pro-life Spiderman" :roll:

https://www.instagram.com/prolife.spide ... c0MzIxNw==

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:49 pm

Maybe he's protesting U2 for the time they put their album in everyone's iTunes library.

(My kids only know U2 because of this stunt. Terrible legacy imo)

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:15 pm

AMA with the lawyers from CO arguing the 14th Amendment case before SCOTUS tomorrow.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:43 pm

AMA with the lawyers from CO arguing the 14th Amendment case before SCOTUS tomorrow.

I'm a big fan of CREW...I wish them well

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:56 pm

With Tucker Carlson going full Russki and Trump using border security as an excuse to keep the US from providing additional aid to Ukraine, it's painfully obvious that the Republican party is now totally in league with Putin.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:02 pm

With Tucker Carlson going full Russki and Trump using border security as an excuse to keep the US from providing additional aid to Ukraine, it's painfully obvious that the Republican party is now totally in league with Putin.
It certainly seems that way.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:25 pm

Why did senators go there on July 4?

Why is Trump constantly praising the guy and rooting for the US to fail currently with the border issue and demonizing of the fed and the work being done to curb inflation?

Why does one half of the US political machine actively work against the every day citizen?

I suppose it could have been like this all along, but now it’s just brazenly anti-American.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:16 am

Trump really is an everyday boomer American. I know plenty of people who are hoping for a catastrophic Biden failure every single day so they can all be "see we told you so!"

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:37 am

Putin's anti-war challenger, Boris Nadezhdin, banned from participating in Russia's presedential election.

Tucker: LET ME BE A JOURNALIST AND TELL YOU WHY THATS A GOOD THING!

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:37 am

If Trump had the exact same record as Biden does to this point, he'd be bragging all up and down the country how incredible he is. How he and he alone was able to do it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:08 am

If they like Putin and his policies so much, they can feel free to move to Russia. Nobody will miss them.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:11 am

If they like Putin and his policies so much, they can feel free to move to Russia. Nobody will miss them.
Me thinks these **** talk like they would love that and then soon realize that the people they dodint about here are actually the ones trying to do help them out.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:49 pm

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but those who did listen to today's SCOTUS argument seem pretty uniform in predicting that the Court will reverse the Colorado Trump ballot ban. Note: former Solicitor General Kaytal released a book in 2019 titled Impeach: The Case Against Donald Trump, so he's not a fan.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:25 pm

Katyal, also famous for defending child labor, is not well liked on the left. And as a liberal, he thinks his anti-trump commentary should make him immune from criticism.

So yeah, **** that guy, don’t care what he thinks

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:31 pm

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but those who did listen to today's SCOTUS argument seem pretty uniform in predicting that the Court will reverse the Colorado Trump ballot ban. Note: former Solicitor General Kaytal released a book in 2019 titled Impeach: The Case Against Donald Trump, so he's not a fan.

They will reverse. 9-0.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:39 pm

The questions seemed to be centered around the notion that "this is a federal question, not a state-by-state determination". Which yay 4 that, it's still essentially the question I was asking: Whether the provisions are "self-executing" or not, who decides what is or isn't an insurrection? The rest of it, I think, flows pretty easily from that. Like who determines if a candidate is 35 years old? If they meet the residency requirement? Etc.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:47 pm

The issue is no court has found him guilty of criminal insurrection. So a state finding somebody guilty without going through a legit criminal trial and deciding that person can't be on the ballot for a federal office is bogus. I was never in favor of the Colorado ruling. It's something that was never going to end well for dems.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:24 pm

This Biden special counsel report.

This is insane, this man is approaching full dementia. Step aside plz

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:37 pm

The issue is no court has found him guilty of criminal insurrection. So a state finding somebody guilty without going through a legit criminal trial and deciding that person can't be on the ballot for a federal office is bogus. I was never in favor of the Colorado ruling. It's something that was never going to end well for dems.
Whether he is guilty of insurrection was barely discussed compared to other issues as Tif mentions above.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:37 pm

You up for Kamala in 24?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:39 pm

You up for Kamala in 24?
Gorgeous Gretchen Whitmer

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:41 pm

So at this point, the only difference between Trump/Biden with respect to document case was that Biden didn't go out of his way to try them?

Second, that report really comes across as negative for Biden, if they're going for the feeble absent minded defense.
"He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ('if it was 2013 — when did I stop being Vice President?'), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began ('in 2009, am I still Vice President?')," the report said.

Biden also had difficulty remembering the timing of his son Beau's death, as well as a debate about Afghanistan.

"He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died," the report said.
Pretty much should be written everywhere and used against Biden at all costs if you're the GOP.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:41 pm

You up for Kamala in 24?
Gorgeous Gretchen Whitmer
I'm fine with that but my guess is Biden won't step aside.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:50 pm

Whether he is guilty of insurrection was barely discussed compared to other issues as Tif mentions above.
I heard a lot of it. It sounded like they were playing what is currently (as in right now, today) established so far, and interpreting from that. There was a few comments here when they banned him deriding Colorado jumping the gun before exactly that judgement, and this is the result. State court couldn't hold it's nut, gets deconstructed as predicted.