Colossal TV Show thread

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:24 am

This is like the third He-Man show in the last 3-4 years, and I swear that they've all been on Netflix.

Is this the same series as the Kevin Smith one? That was actually enjoyable
Yeah that’s Kevin Smith. He was promoting it on ig the other day. Didn’t that series piss a bunch of people off?

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:25 am

Friends is on alot as background noise in our house especially when my wife is off or works from home. That show still holds up and is really really funny. Had some pretty progressive themes for those times too.
I think it's more fun to watch it after you acknowledge Ross is a narcissistic sociopath hellbent on mildly hurting everyone around him. :lol:

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:27 am

This is like the third He-Man show in the last 3-4 years, and I swear that they've all been on Netflix.

Is this the same series as the Kevin Smith one? That was actually enjoyable
Yeah that’s Kevin Smith. He was promoting it on ig the other day. Didn’t that series piss a bunch of people off?
Probably, I think the 1st part was really good and continued from the original show and then the 2nd season was kinda like something new. I still enjoyed both.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:29 am

Started watching Silo. This show is very good. I liked the books a lot, but I read them a while ago and my memory is a little foggy. Hope the show continues

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:31 am

Different series, it looks like.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:33 am

Friends is on alot as background noise in our house especially when my wife is off or works from home. That show still holds up and is really really funny. Had some pretty progressive themes for those times too.
I think it's more fun to watch it after you acknowledge Ross is a narcissistic sociopath hellbent on mildly hurting everyone around him. :lol:
:lol: :lol:

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:47 am

It's a followup to the Revolution series. So, same world, same characters, same actors, same writers, same creator, different subtitle.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:51 am

It's a followup to the Revolution series. So, same world, same characters, same actors, same writers, same creator, different subtitle.
Really? Okay, that's cool then. The Revolution series was great.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:55 am

Another old comedy that really holds up is Everybody Loves Raymond. It might be because since it originally aired, I'm gotten married and had in-law issues (my wife and mother didn't get along very well), but it's hysterical.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:56 am

Source of the post Another old comedy that really holds up is Everybody Loves Raymond
I still watch this every single night. It's one of my favorites, and Peter Boyle is just so good in it.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:56 am

Agreed.

Though I do catch myself watching it and wondering which of the twins in the scene was the one that killed himself (it was Geoffrey).

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:41 am

Source of the post which of the twins in the scene was the one that killed himself (it was Geoffrey)
wtf?! I had never heard about this before.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:31 pm

The actress that plays their older sister is their sister in real life too.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:33 pm

Yeah, I thought they were all related to Jody Sweeten from Full House, but their name is actually Sweetin. Derp.

All three were really bad actors, even by child standards, but luckily the show treated them more like scenery than people. :lol: None of them acted again after the show.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:44 pm

Finished "Drops of God." Add it to growing list of quality limited series on Apple+. A legendary French wine collector/critic dies, and his inheritance is a wine competition between his top student, and his daughter, who as it just so happens, doesn't drink.

It's based off a Japanese manga, so you'll get a very healthy dose of Japanese and French dialogue to go along with the english. Well-developed plot with good pay-offs. I'm not a wine-o and enjoyed it, but I assume if you are you might like it even more.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:53 pm

For All Mankind Season 4 finale came out today. Pretty solid, but by far the weakest season out of the four. Interested in seeing where it goes next season.
It's the first season without a major character dying in the penultimate or final episode, although we were given a fake death. A few too many side characters I thought were annoying or not well fleshed out. Ed Baldwin has become an insufferable bore, but he should age out of the show (he would be pushing 80 in the flash forward scene at the end of the episode in 2012). Danielle is the last of the OG good characters, but she should be retiring from NASA (again) if not called on the carpet for the CIA/KGB nonsense on Mars. That leaves Aleida, Kelly Baldwin, maybe Margo. Maybe some third generation characters? I do like the show a lot, so I hope it continues, but I'm not sure what's next.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:47 pm

Just learned that Northern Exposure is not available on streaming because of music rights issues.

Thanks tif.
https://www.brooklynvegan.com/90s-tv-se ... oundtrack/
Finally! Early-’90s CBS series Northern Exposure has long been white whale for TV fans in the streaming era. After years of fans wondering if the show would ever hit the digital age, Amazon Prime Video quietly added all six seasons to its service at the start of 2024.
With most of the original soundtrack it looks like

genoscoif

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby genoscoif » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:52 pm

Just learned that Northern Exposure is not available on streaming because of music rights issues.

Thanks tif.
https://www.brooklynvegan.com/90s-tv-se ... oundtrack/
Finally! Early-’90s CBS series Northern Exposure has long been white whale for TV fans in the streaming era. After years of fans wondering if the show would ever hit the digital age, Amazon Prime Video quietly added all six seasons to its service at the start of 2024.
With most of the original soundtrack it looks like
Nice! I used to love it back in the day. Will be interesting to see if it holds up.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:07 pm

That's great, thanks!

LeopardLetang

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:14 am

Loudermilk is just about great. But mid season 1 they add a gag about a misunderstanding that apparently will go on the whole series.

If the guy could get 3 sentences out he could stop the other guy from ruining his life but haha the other guy keeps interrupting him and doing something more outrageous. Like tasing him again and again.

I wish I could ignore it. But once a certain line gets crossed in annoying it blocks my ability to see funny.

And it seems like the writers are doubling down. A guy has a swig of alcohol while driving and almost hits a bum in a cross walk. He gets out to help him put the stuff back in his shopping cart. Now get ready for 5 minutes of laughs as the bum acts like they were just in a car accident and needs to see his papers and claims a new dent in his shopping cart and then thinks he smells alcohol and then calls the cops.

It's a shame because the main story line is good and the side characters are good until they try giving them their own side stories which completely undercut the tone of the show.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:47 am

Just started Loudermilk last weekend and have largely been enjoying it but can see where you are coming from.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:57 am

Yep, LL, my wife and I said the same things about that storyline. We're 1/3 into the second season, and the ad exec is gone and Cutter (the sponsor) is missing. So at least it's not a huge feature in the first part of the second season.

LeopardLetang

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:25 am

That's good but still a little too bad. I think both of those characters could be good especially Cutter if they weren't stupid

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:26 pm

Loudermilk also has a couple Penguins references, too.

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:01 pm

Am I seeing this right that the boys actress just ruined her face with plastic surgery?