Who Are You?

the wicked child

Who Are You?

Postby the wicked child » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Turning into a real nice little home here. :thumb:

dodint

Who Are You?

Postby dodint » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:29 pm

heh, posts still being deleted over there. Really a shame I left.

Robot B9

Who Are You?

Postby Robot B9 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Pavel has a great new story, it would seem, as referenced in the "where did everybody go?" thread.

Tico Rick

Who Are You?

Postby Tico Rick » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:36 pm

Meet the new Mods:

NAN

Who Are You?

Postby NAN » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Ha. And I guess threads are still being whacked. Nice.

FreeCandy44

Who Are You?

Postby FreeCandy44 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Its like Dagny and 4 others...good for her. I hope she feels like a real jerk for killing that board.

Pavel Bure

Who Are You?

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Pavel has a great new story, it would seem, as referenced in the "where did everybody go?" thread.
Hmmm goes to check

Heh didn't delete my PM me for details but seems they whacked someone else's post about. So far I think I'm 4/4 of people that have PM'd me from that thread. It's not even a 5AF vs. LGP thing, just people asking what's up and showing them where some of us went. Pens Related seems to be humming along sti which is what built that place originally. It'll probably just cycle, regs abandon, new people join, become regs, etc.

MR25

Who Are You?

Postby MR25 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Of course PR over there is still running. The Pens are losing. The people who hide and wait til **** goes south can say they told people so.

Kicksave

Who Are You?

Postby Kicksave » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Source of the post Pens Related seems to be humming along sti which is what built that place originally. It'll probably just cycle, regs abandon, new people join, become regs, etc.
Our goal was never to replace LGP. Just to provide an alternative.

Factorial

Who Are You?

Postby Factorial » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Source of the post Pens Related seems to be humming along sti which is what built that place originally. It'll probably just cycle, regs abandon, new people join, become regs, etc.
That's it? I don't remember your KickSave persona there but I'm guessing your banning had a bit to do with it. Why were you banned?

Pavel Bure

Who Are You?

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:28 pm

Right, I feel like that message is important. I've gotten a vibe a couple times that was kinda like, "LOL @ those guys." And I don't think it's really like that. I feel there was a bit too tight of a collar before, to the point that I really didn't post much of anything beyond vanilla, hopefully no one is offended stuff. I remember writing posts, sometimes long ones but had to agonize about some sections and would eventually just go, "heck with it" and not post due to the feelings of getting a warning or a ban. It really became an "internet serious business" thing in my eyes when it should have been and really was a nice community that barely needed policing. It's no fun when warnings and bans can come out of no where after months of nothing and quite frankly not needing anything.

I rambled there but yeah...

Tico Rick

Who Are You?

Postby Tico Rick » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:34 pm

I PMed someone over there a couple of times to mention this place and the PMs disappeared. Like they never existed. I wonder if they somehow locked anything that mentions 5AF.

PFiDC

Who Are You?

Postby PFiDC » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:44 pm

That's it? I don't remember your KickSave persona there but I'm guessing your banning had a bit to do with it. Why were you banned?
I refer you to People v. Licks to center of tootsiepop.

Craig

Who Are You?

Postby Craig » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Right, I feel like that message is important. I've gotten a vibe a couple times that was kinda like, "LOL @ those guys." And I don't think it's really like that. I feel there was a bit too tight of a collar before, to the point that I really didn't post much of anything beyond vanilla, hopefully no one is offended stuff. I remember writing posts, sometimes long ones but had to agonize about some sections and would eventually just go, "heck with it" and not post due to the feelings of getting a warning or a ban. It really became an "internet serious business" thing in my eyes when it should have been and really was a nice community that barely needed policing. It's no fun when warnings and bans can come out of no where after months of nothing and quite frankly not needing anything.

My attitude over there was "its sad that this is the best option". Getting the worthwhile people from over there on another place is exactly what i had hoped for. Sadly its just a matter of time before kicksave lets this place go to hell and we have to go after him with torches and pitchforks.

Pavel Bure

Who Are You?

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:57 pm

Finally, I've been waiting for like 4 days for someone to FINALLY call for a mob. Let's light'em up boys!

Someone call inspector Kemp

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Who Are You?

Postby meow » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:01 pm

Cadams is MarioLives?

blackjack68

Who Are You?

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:02 am

My attitude over there was "its sad that this is the best option". Getting the worthwhile people from over there on another place is exactly what i had hoped for. Sadly its just a matter of time before kicksave lets this place go to hell and we have to go after him with torches and pitchforks.
Will Kicksave ban himself for the good of the board?

columbia

Who Are You?

Postby columbia » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:01 am

I heard back from former other NHL games thread stalwart profpolisci. He said he's pretty busy these days, but would eventually stop by.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Who Are You?

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:14 am

I PM'd cags the other day on the other board with just a link to this site and the PM went through with no issues.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Who Are You?

Postby LITT » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:37 am

i think you should change the name of this thread to wax nostalgic so people who cant let go come and talk about the people they wish wouldnt come

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Who Are You?

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:47 am

I PMed someone over there a couple of times to mention this place and the PMs disappeared. Like they never existed. I wonder if they somehow locked anything that mentions 5AF.
I highly highly doubt that. The only way for admins and moderators (from what I can see) to access PMs is to either log in as the person or download a special modification to do so. It is likely your PM just got read and removed from your outbox and into your sent box.
Cadams is MarioLives?
delpen

Kicksave

Who Are You?

Postby Kicksave » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:53 am

I never got a direct answer as to why I was banned. About 10 or so of us got a month long banning that summer. Then after a bad loss to the rangers, I made a comment about how it must not be fun to watch a game with someone. I forget who it was. I'm sure you can find it. I tried to log in around 11 at night and was banned. No one ever responded to my e-mails. I never got so much as a warning after that month long ban. If I had to guess, they looked at the collective "things" I did and decided to ban me to send a message to the other posters. Not to mention all the extra drama stirred up by dagny via chat, text, PMs, etc. I would get texts at midnight, 1 AM EST with her stirring drama on the board.

This was over 3 years ago. If I was going to make my own message board out of vengeance, I would have done it already.

NAN

Who Are You?

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:45 am

Are you looking at your outbox, because when they disappear, that means the receipient read it.

NAN

Who Are You?

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:47 am

I only ever had issues with one person over there and that is why I left. Other than that, I wish that place well.

willeyeam

Who Are You?

Postby willeyeam » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:08 am

I only ever had issues with one person over there and that is why I left. Other than that, I wish that place well.
slappy is here too