How to amplify WiFi signal?

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:34 am

You can configure that Nighthawk in Wifi Access Point mode, but you need to run an ethernet cable between both routers for that backbone. I don't think it supports wireless back to your existing router.
Is there something special I have to do to configure it in Wifi Access Point mode?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:36 am

You can configure that Nighthawk in Wifi Access Point mode, but you need to run an ethernet cable between both routers for that backbone. I don't think it supports wireless back to your existing router.
Is there something special I have to do to configure it in Wifi Access Point mode?
Doesn't look like it, but I'm going by the manual: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files ... 000_UM.pdf (page 83). You're literally just logging into the router and selecting the mode. Assuming you've got it hardwired to the new router, I'd also probably do a factory reset on it first.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:47 am

I'll give it a shot tonight.

Thanks!

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:01 pm

Doesn't look like it, but I'm going by the manual: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files ... 000_UM.pdf (page 83). You're literally just logging into the router and selecting the mode. Assuming you've got it hardwired to the new router, I'd also probably do a factory reset on it first.
This seems to have done the trick. :thumb:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:34 pm

Nice! :thumb: