Wow the pens are playing badly

She'sTheFastest

Postby She'sTheFastest » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:38 am

Taking my daughter to her first game tomorrow. They better wake up.
If they don't win it's her fault. Make sure she knows that.
I'm just going to leave her there if they lose. I still have another one.
Sound plan. However, that may ensure they keep losing. You're best to leave her in the Blue Line Grill. The Ol 29er will take care of it from there.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:42 am

Taking my daughter to her first game tomorrow. They better wake up.
If they don't win it's her fault. Make sure she knows that.
I'm just going to leave her there if they lose. I still have another one.
Sound plan. However, that may ensure they keep losing. You're best to leave her in the Blue Line Grill. The Ol 29er will take care of it from there.
Smart thinking.

EdOlczyk

Postby EdOlczyk » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:59 pm

They're in a lot of trouble.

Johnston will likely be gone this summer. If he's not the organization has wasted yet another year of the two (former) best players
I really think HCMJ is part of the solution. I highly doubt he's let go in the summer regardless of any remotely reasonable output...
:thumb:
I think you're right I was in a fit of rage this morning that we lost to the Canes last night, unbelieveable.

HCMJ isn't the problem, I don't know what I was thinking when I posted this. I think I've been listening to little too much Mark Madden, who in all honesty is the only radio sports broadcaster I will listen to.

The fact that the team still has issues post-DB era is on the players; not the coach. I'd like to blame the league, but that's a cop out. While this has been the most inconsistent year in recent NHL history, it's on the players to perform and execute.

The Pens started this season fan-freaking-tastic. The powerplay was unstoppable. The team was buying in and executing the system. Injuries and frustration have made our stars act, for lack of a better word, like spoiled babies. At least that's what it looks like in my eyes. I really think the team needs a shake-up; and I don't know what that means. A trade? We've made trades this season, some good, some not-so-good although I'm starting to come around to Ben Lovejoy.

I honestly am at a loss of what to do at this point. We should, note SHOULD, be one of the top performers in the East. We finally have a legit top-6. I feel bad for Kunitz, I always liked him; but the guy is done. His play in the past 3 months has been sub-par. He's lost a step. I really hope that if Dupuis returns next season he doesn't follow the same mold. Dupuis was on pace for a good season. 6 goals in his first ~15 GP? It's really just a run of bad luck that has absolutely destroyed our morale in the past 4 years. Injuries, serious one's, cancer, stroke's, I mean what else can go wrong at this point? I guess I shouldn't say that lest someone end up the way of Dan Snyder. Tragedies happen, I consider cancer/stroke very tragic incidences. And while Letang has bounced back and earned his name for the Norris Trophy, I really hope Maatta is okay. I just don't know what to think anymore about this team; it really is polarizing at this point.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Neat. She could end up at the Phantom of the Consol Energy Center. Living behind the ice chiller and eating stale nachos. I can picture the scene where she drops the jumbotron to the ice and then demands that the teams play hockey according to the new rules she created.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:21 pm

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:41 pm

KILL IT WITH FIRE

thepittman

Postby thepittman » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:20 am

So can we all agree that Malkin is the penguins and trading crosby would be in everyone's best interest?

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:50 pm

So can we all agree that Malkin is the penguins and trading crosby would be in everyone's best interest?
I don't think they should trade Crosby but I won't disagree that Malkin is the heart of this team.

Craig

Postby Craig » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:57 am

I definitely never thought Crosby was the heart of the team.