Crosby and Scoring Race

Rocco

Crosby and Scoring Race

Postby Rocco » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:23 pm

I want Sid to win MVP and think he is deserving, but Kane would be the first American to win the award, so that's cool too.
I think that that will/would be a HUGE deal in Canada, but only a foot note here in the states. Outside of Canadian commentators making a big deal of it on tv/net that is. Americans tend to not care if a baseball player is American or Dominican or Puerto Rican whatever. Americans tend to not care if a basketball player is American or European. Americans tend to not care it an actor is from America or Canada or where ever. Baseball does not have an "American only teams" show like Canada does for hockey.

Canadians are VERY "CANADA!" People will be pissed that an "American" won it. I do not think that there is another country with a bigger persecution complex than Canada. It is like the country itself has middle child syndrome.
It would probably be a bigger deal in the US if the winner were a little less icky.

NTP66

Crosby and Scoring Race

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Did Crosby really mail it in, though? Serious question, because my memory is trying to tell me that he spent far too much time in the defensive zone fighting for pucks to help out the D, limiting his own time in the offensive zone.

columbia

Crosby and Scoring Race

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:37 pm

I don't know that Kane is any more gross than Fat Ben.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Crosby and Scoring Race

Postby meow » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Did Crosby really mail it in, though? Serious question, because my memory is trying to tell me that he spent far too much time in the defensive zone fighting for pucks to help out the D, limiting his own time in the offensive zone.
Mailed it in. Pouted. All the same

Silentom

Crosby and Scoring Race

Postby Silentom » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Died alive.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Crosby and Scoring Race

Postby meow » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Ooo, that's a good one

Rocco

Crosby and Scoring Race

Postby Rocco » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Yes. It's one thing to coast a little at times to save energy to make sure you've got something in the tank at the end of the year. Sid was basically detached. We can blame the coach for it and it may be true but it still happened.

Now he's back scoring points, dodinting at refs and shooting death glares at Kunitz. It's fun to see.