Fragile Beau out again

FLPensFan

Fragile Beau out again

Postby FLPensFan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:56 pm

The team doesn't have to tell anyone anything.
It should be a rule that teams must at least disclose upper or lower body, since we've gotten to that point. Penguins did neither.
It should be noted how much time the player is going to miss, or that they are waiting for more tests. Penguins didn't do that either.

NFL, MLB, and NBA all disclose injuries. Just another area where the NHL is far behind. Just like failing to indicate IR, LTIR, etc. No harm can come to a player or team, but they are under no obligation to provide this information.

One of these days, I should try and determine if the NFL, MLB, or NBA have secret, non-public portions of the CBA like the NHL does.

mikey

Fragile Beau out again

Postby mikey » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:00 pm

The NHL doesn't really have as much of an obligation to do so like the NFL does because gambling is far less prevalent on NHL games than NFL games...

"Non-public portions" might be things do not fall under collective bargaining, but fall under league by-laws...which are not public...and very hard to come by...

Pavel Bure

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Beau Brittle is my fav nickname

columbia

Fragile Beau out again

Postby columbia » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Why should the nature of an injury matter to anyone outside of the team?

Tico Rick

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Tico Rick » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:03 pm

Are you hurt, or are you injured?
It matters to us if Beau was out because Jim hurt his feelings.
:pop:

Morkle

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Morkle » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:05 pm

He got hurt celebrating his goal against Montreal. LMFAO.

Jim

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Jim » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:06 pm

Source of the post One might want to know some details about player health/physical status when making a decision on whether dropping $200-$300 on taking the family to a game
I don't think a family is going to pay to only see Beau Bennett.
Not the point of the comment, at all.

Jim

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Jim » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Are you hurt, or are you injured?
It matters to us if Beau was out because Jim hurt his feelings.
:pop:
I didn't even say anything about Beau directly.

Tico Rick

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Tico Rick » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Maybe he's just that fragile, Jim.

Gaucho

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Gaucho » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Avyran

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Avyran » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:14 pm

*Shrug* Hockey holds itself to some weird secret society ****, like the Order of the Holy Hockeystick or something. It upholds tradition & the purity of the game like some sort of gnostic religion (like other sports, but to a higher level), as if the fans don't need to know (see the NHL's stance on releasing details about the cap & such). It's weird.

I'm actually fully in agreement with Jim, though.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Fragile Beau out again

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:47 pm

There's an obvious conflict of interest here.

NHL is an entertainment business when it comes down to it. They wouldn't exist if fans didn't pay money. This is why the rules of the NFL, MLB, etc. have all changed drastically to include more offense (in football), a gimmicky one-game playoff (baseball), and whatnot.

But the teams are actually trying to win games too. It clearly helps them to not give specific information.

If a player is out a week or two with an ambiguous "lower body injury" or something, I don't really care. It's an insignificant amount of time (such as the case with Beau). But if someone is out for 4 months and they don't specify, I get irked.

Tico Rick

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Tico Rick » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:39 am

Silentom

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Silentom » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:45 am

They should have cast Bennett for the movie Unbreakable instead of Sam Jackson.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Fragile Beau out again

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:09 am

While I understand the team isnt obligated to say anything, its pretty obnoxious from a team that can't get enough exposure until it comes to something actually hockey related that fans want to know.

"Ben Lovejoy ate lunch this week, check it out on an all new episode of In The Room!!"

"Hey whats going on with Bennett?"
--Nothin. Why do you care so much?

dodint

Fragile Beau out again

Postby dodint » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:31 am

Source of the post "Ben Lovejoy ate lunch this week, check it out on an all new episode of In The Room!!"
I can't remember what it was now, but they did an Inside Penguins Hockey promo during the last game and it was something really inane, I couldn't believe how dumb it was. Really glad I brain dumped it.

Morkle

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Morkle » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:39 am

I particularly enjoy that the team held the info, and Beau was just all "yea I got hurt celebrating."

DigitalGypsy66

Fragile Beau out again

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:39 am

As far as goal celebrations go, that one was pretty tame. Malkin and Sprong literally jumped into the glass for their goals recently and didn't injure themselves...very odd indeed.

My guess is that like someone else said, he's got a wonky shoulder.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Fragile Beau out again

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:40 am

Source of the post "Ben Lovejoy ate lunch this week, check it out on an all new episode of In The Room!!"
I can't remember what it was now, but they did an Inside Penguins Hockey promo during the last game and it was something really inane, I couldn't believe how dumb it was. Really glad I brain dumped it.
Thats along the lines of why I mentioned last week about Mackey getting pissy about people asking him if Bennett was at practice. He'll tweet every day which hand a guy used to adjust his balls, but people arent supposed to ask if a player is there or not.

Gaucho

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Gaucho » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:40 am

I once cracked a rib carrying a stack of books, so ...

Pavement

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Pavement » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:54 am

How can he hurt himself celebrating? That is either really bad luck or he is prone to injury.

Regardless of that, I hope he comes back in and scores a few!

NailedPenguin

Fragile Beau out again

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:03 am

Its still up for debate that he's injury prone??

Pavement

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Pavement » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:12 am

Its still up for debate that he's injury prone??
Maybe he's just really unlucky. Or maybe I'm clutching at straws. :D

PFiDC

Fragile Beau out again

Postby PFiDC » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:20 pm

How can he hurt himself celebrating? That is either really bad luck or he is prone to injury.

Regardless of that, I hope he comes back in and scores a few!
I haven't seen the celebration but I am assuming he raised his arms. It's rather common for someone to injure their shoulder making a sudden arm raise. Labrum, rotator cuff, etc.

dodint

Fragile Beau out again

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:49 pm

I'm legitimately shocked to see people STILL saying "It's okay, Beau Brittle, next time will be the time you stay healthy!"

My question to those folks is how many times does it take for you to see the light?
Do you think it's a coincidence that he's always hurt, and it's just an unfortunate string of events? :lol:

Do not resign him. If we have the courage to get rid of Despres, who was no healthier after being a Pen, surely we can let Elijah Price walk. I'd make a joke about him throwing out his shoulder cleaning out his locker, but he already did that celebrating a goal.

Injuries aside, he's playing scared and ineffectively. He won't go within five feet of the boards and avoids hits. And he knows it:

https://twitter.com/BeauBennett19/statu ... 4631784448

That's from 2014, but after his Oshie injury he texted his parents and said he's not sure if hockey is for him. It's in his head.

The bottom six is *finally* looking good. Lets nurture that instead of having this ghost show up ever 3 months for a few games before disappearing again.

His timeline:

2012-2013 (26 GP)
Feb 14 Called up from WBS

2013-2014 (21 GP, 12 Playoff GP)
Nov 23 Broken Wrist

2014-2015 (49 GP, 2 Playoff GP)
Oct 9 Left Knee Injury (Practice)
Nov 26 Lower-body injury
Apr 20 Upper-body injury

2015-2016 (33 GP)
Oct 15 Shoulder Injury (Celebrating Goal)
Dec 14 Shoulder Injury (T.J. Oshie hit)
Jan 25 Shoulder Injury
Apr 7 Undisclosed injury

129 GP and 45 points (Playoff: 20gp/6pts). Blech.

This post inspired by:
I know he's become a punchline but I do feel bad for Beau. The kid clearly has NHL skills but just doesn't have the body for it.
Yes, clearly!
I mean he clearly belongs in the NHL. He should stick with it and hopefully eventually he stops getting hurt. Someone will give him a contract... it's low risk, high reward.

Hopefully the Penguins are that someone.

I'd gladly risk the 850k or whatever for a player with that skill set.
OMG, no, sthaaaaap with this nonsense. Stoooooooooop.
Does he clearly belong in the NHL? Last year he managed to play 49 games and still only had 4 goals/8 assists (giving him a career year).
Great point! Flashes of brilliance with stretches nothing. His production is the same rate as what Brian Gibbons was when he was here, and Gibbons was (unfairly) derided by this community.
Yeah, he clearly has an NHL skill set. Doesn't necessarily mean impactful NHLer. But there's no question - even with the development time lost - that he belongs in this league.
Health is part of the total package and can't be discounted. Let some other team decide if he's worth the risk. He's a proven liability here.
He will only ever be an impact player if he actually stays healthy, no argument here. My point is he does enough when healthy to justify the minuscule risk associated with a 6-figure contract. And as long as that can be said, someone will take that minuscule risk.
Someone else, please.

Honestly, the only reason I can see some resistance for letting him walk is that he was a First Round Pick and letting him go acknowledges that it was a waste. Well, he's also a waste on the roster so lets just come to grips with it and move along.