Fragile Beau out again

Factorial

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Factorial » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:00 pm

What an uplifting post.

shafnutz05

Fragile Beau out again

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:59 pm

Bennett's polarizing nature among the fan base has always intrigued me. For me, really the only reaction I have is frustration, but more on behalf of Beau than anything else. The kid loves playing hockey, and has the raw talent to succeed if he could just stay on the ice, but he unfortunately has that injury curse. He is only 24, so I'm hoping he turns around physically and does well.

The "brittle Beau" stuff, while it may be true, just seems a bit mean-spirited for my taste. And I'm not singling anyone out, but the "told ya so" aspect when he suffers a new injury or aggravates an existing one sucks. Oh well.

Algernon

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Algernon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:39 am

I just think it's absurd that people openly route for a 24 year old to fail.

The kid is talented and has just had bad luck.

Gaucho

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Gaucho » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:11 am

Bennett's polarizing nature among the fan base has always intrigued me. For me, really the only reaction I have is frustration, but more on behalf of Beau than anything else. The kid loves playing hockey, and has the raw talent to succeed if he could just stay on the ice, but he unfortunately has that injury curse. He is only 24, so I'm hoping he turns around physically and does well.

The "brittle Beau" stuff, while it may be true, just seems a bit mean-spirited for my taste. And I'm not singling anyone out, but the "told ya so" aspect when he suffers a new injury or aggravates an existing one sucks. Oh well.
:thumb:

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Fragile Beau out again

Postby meow » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:25 am

:thumb: :thumb:

willeyeam

Fragile Beau out again

Postby willeyeam » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:05 am

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Kicksave

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Kicksave » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:27 am

Source of the post And I'm not singling anyone out
You know who you are, you mother ****.

dodint

Fragile Beau out again

Postby dodint » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:57 pm

I have never seen anyone root for Beau to get hurt. It hurts the team when he's hurt and I've never seen anyone here actively root for that.

There is a vocal group that does not want him re-signed. That's not the same thing. Considering he's hurt *again* saying that we hope he's played his last game as a Pen isn't rooting against him, it's just the most likely reality.

Whinging about the 'Beau Brittle' stuff is a bit sanctimonious, shaf. He's a self-admitted punchline (He makes 'milk' jokes about himself) and he's a grown man. I'm guessing all of you taking the self-ascribed high road never chuckled at watching Martín Gramática hurt himself celebrating, either.

If they make the mistake of retaining a guy hurt 3+ times a year every year and he *gasp* gets hurt again next year, you're absolutely getting a boatload of I-told-you-so's. I plan to be intensely vocal about it.

Juice

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Juice » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:01 pm

Get a life.

dodint

Fragile Beau out again

Postby dodint » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Legit. Because this is all I do. :lol: That half hour I spent compiling that post yesterday on my day off prevented me from writing the great American novel. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways!

Juice

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Juice » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:06 pm

2 Legit.

dodint

Fragile Beau out again

Postby dodint » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:11 pm

Any response that equates to "Don't discuss that hockey topic on the hockey message board because I don't like it" will be met with derision and quickly discarded.

Get a life, indeed.

Juice

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Juice » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:14 pm

quickly discard deez

Factorial

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Factorial » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:30 pm

I absolutely want to see them sign him for one more year at a low rate. Like him or not, the downside is minimal.

BigMck

Fragile Beau out again

Postby BigMck » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:36 pm

The option of him playing down a level makes sense. It gives him a chance to get in game shape at a slower pace and less jolt to his body while he mends. Doesn' t the NHL allow for a conditioning stint for players on a one-way contract?

columbia

Fragile Beau out again

Postby columbia » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:41 pm

A two way contract - as dodint mentioned - isn't the worst idea.

dodint

Fragile Beau out again

Postby dodint » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:49 pm

The option of him playing down a level makes sense. It gives him a chance to get in game shape at a slower pace and less jolt to his body while he mends. Doesn' t the NHL allow for a conditioning stint for players on a one-way contract?
I remember he did a conditioning stint with WBS last season and did really well. I just don't understand well enough how contracts work to know if that is viable on a new contract. He did 3 games with WBS in '13-14, and 2 in '14-15.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Fragile Beau out again

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:04 pm

there's a lot of weird straw man argumentation going on here

no one is rooting for Beau to get hurt and no one is rooting for him to fail.

dodint is probably expending too much of his life worrying about the future of Bennett on here, but I agree with him in general. Beau is inconsistent with both being healthy and his production while on the ice. It's a sad truth

I feel bad for him, but I'm not going to light any pyres for him if he eventually plays in Europe or something. He's still making a lot of money doing what all of us would pay money to do

If I had my way, I'd offer him a one year minimum contract. I bet he'll get some more offers, so it's up to him to decide where he wants to go. I don't wish any poor luck on him or anything if he does leave

shafnutz05

Fragile Beau out again

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:17 pm

lol always a good day when Juice shows up

MrKennethTKangaroo

Fragile Beau out again

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:09 pm

Some crap team would be willing to take a shot at beau finding some semblance of health. They may just give him more of a chance to play top line minutes as well

shmenguin

Fragile Beau out again

Postby shmenguin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:39 pm

He's like a wbs guy who floats in and out of the lineup. We could do worse.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Fragile Beau out again

Postby iamjs » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:10 pm

columbia

Fragile Beau out again

Postby columbia » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:22 pm

:pop:

Jim

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Jim » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:55 pm

And if/when he gets hurt... what is the negative?
Well jim or dodint would force us to revisit this thread.
If people stop acting like Bennett is worth having on the roster... then I wouldn't feel the need to keep pointing out the facts and showing that he isn't worth the risk/cost. The solution is simple.

Jim

Fragile Beau out again

Postby Jim » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:00 pm

Well jim or dodint would force us to revisit this thread.
If you feel reading a thread on 5AF is akin to slavery that's on you, there are an infinite number of things you can do instead. "Stop talking about hockey on that hockey forum, I'm forced to read it!"
Why do you think that this is a hockey forum? "Off Topic" has three and a half time more posts than "Pittsburgh Penguins". It is a purely social forum where some people talk about hockey.