GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

RonnieFranchise

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:54 pm

Timely goal Jake, nice job.

At least that turd B. Tkachuk didn't get the GWG.

The U

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby The U » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:55 pm

I’m a fan of sully but if this continues through the first quarter or so of the season, a change needs to be made. His coaching of the PP alone is fireable
Dubas is the boss and can do whatever he wants but in pro sports it’s typically poor form for a GM/Owner/etc to undermine the head coach in that manner.

Blue Canary

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby Blue Canary » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:59 pm

I’m a fan of sully but if this continues through the first quarter or so of the season, a change needs to be made. His coaching of the PP alone is fireable
I was wrong thinking Vellucci had input on the PP, as he handles the forwards, but I guess he just does the PK. Mea maxima culpa.

mac5155

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby mac5155 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:59 pm

I can't see a move to be made other than to fire Sullivan at this point.
Half the roster is new yet their losses all look the same as the last few years.

Over-passing. Terrible PP. “Dominate play” but can’t actually score. Retaliatory penalties because our players don’t like being hit. Losing net front battles at both ends because we don’t put any value/emphasis on physicality anywhere on the ice. Carter still dresses every night. 4th line silent. No plan B after the Harlem globetrotters act fails to score.
Yep. So what do you need? Is Sully the one saying to play this way? Or do you need a disciplinarian to come in and force them into a style they don't want to, but need to play?

RonnieFranchise

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:00 pm

Carter getting a sweater every night is borderline negligent. Maybe not even borderline.

Trip McNeely

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:05 pm

Carter getting a sweater every night is borderline negligent. Maybe not even borderline.
He looks like a lazy beer league player out there. It’s astonishing

Blue Canary

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby Blue Canary » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:07 pm

Incredible they reverted back to same-old after essentially cracking the code just 2 nights ago.

Dickie Dunn

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:24 pm

Getting a career worst season out of the reigning Norris winner and best PP QB in the world should definitely be a fireable offense for someone.

The U

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby The U » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:09 am

It’s weird that his ENTIRE game has vanished. He can’t pass, he can’t receive a pass, he is never in the right place at the right time. He can’t win a puck battle, his hockey IQ seems to be gone, etc.

I’d understand if he lost a step and can’t score or whatever….but how do all aspects of your game vanish all at once? We’ve seen Players get older suddenly but they don’t look this bad.
Last edited by The U on Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pavel Bure

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:15 am

It’s weird that his ENTIRE game has vanished. He can’t pass, he can’t receive a pass, he is never in the right place at the right time. He can’t win a puck battle, his hockey IQ seems to be gone, etc.

I’d understand if he lost a step and can’t score of whatever….but how do all aspects of your game vanish all at once? We’ve see. Players get older suddenly but they don’t look this bad.
There are plenty of players that fall off a cliff. Most have the wherewithal to hang’em up.

RonnieFranchise

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:33 am

I appreciate his contributions to the Kings' Stanley Cup wins and his accomplishments in international play. He was a fabulous player 10 years ago. It's not enough to keep putting him on the ice in 2023.

King Colby

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby King Colby » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:55 am

Cannot waste this year.
Waste what? This team was never going anywhere

Blue Canary

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby Blue Canary » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:53 am

Reirden, at least, has to go.

skullman80

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby skullman80 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:48 am

Cannot waste this year.
Waste what? This team was never going anywhere
This 100%. I think people were delusional thinking this team was anything other than a borderline playoff team.

I would however at least like them to be fun to watch if they lose....and they aren't even that.

Gaucho

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby Gaucho » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:21 am

It's not delusional to think that this team should at least make the playoffs. Fairly easily, in fact.

Gaucho

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby Gaucho » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:21 am

But it needs a functioning PP to do so.

skullman80

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby skullman80 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:38 am

It's not delusional to think that this team should at least make the playoffs. Fairly easily, in fact.
I disagree. This is a borderline playoff team at best.

I'd be more surprised if they make the playoffs then miss them .. and that's even taking into consideration half the league makes it.

The stars are old, the bottom two lines are a mess...EK65 is nice to have, but he is what he is. Jarry is good to great but can't do it all and needs to stay healthy.

Everyone in the Metro is better than the Pens besides maybe the Caps and Bluejackets. They already dug themselves a whole early on that will be hard to dig out of.

Everything has to go right for this team to even make the playoffs.

skullman80

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby skullman80 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:46 am

With that said I'd love to be wrong.

Trip McNeely

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:57 am

Yea this idea that they aren’t a playoff team on paper is laughable. They probably have the best top 6 in the entire division despite their age. And they have letang and Karlsson

If they had a PP that was evenly halfway decent they would be 5-3 right now

RonnieFranchise

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:15 am

EK65 is nice to have, but he is what he is.
I'm not sure what he is on this team yet. Reilly Smith has been the better addition and it's not especially close.

skullman80

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby skullman80 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:37 am

I'm not sure what he is on this team yet. Reilly Smith has been the better addition and it's not especially close.
Some of the problem is the pp sucks and they aren't playing towards his strengths (IMO).

I meant defensively he is what he is...and that can be offset by his offense..at least it should be. Hopefully that gets figured out.

It's early but this is a team that can't afford to give away points if they want to make the playoffs and do far they given them away to teams that they should be able to hang with.

The Colorado game was great obviously, but that seems like not the norm to expect from this team based on the other games they've played.

mikey

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby mikey » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:12 am

I can't see a move to be made other than to fire Sullivan at this point.
Back to my previous question. In lieu of firing Sully, can Dubas fire an assistant out from under him? Can Dubas order Sully to do so?

@mikey, what’s typical form? I’m sure my corporate experience doesn’t translate here.
Dubas could do that, I think that happened to Sullivan once, right? They let Gonchar, Martin, and Recchi get away but kept Sullivan...I don't imagine that's going to happen again to Sullivan...

shoeshine boy

GDT #8 -- Sens & Pens

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:47 am

hasn't this been EK65's MO though? he'll have a spectacular year and have everyone talking about how incredible he is and then the next year, lay a total egg?