GDT #15: Pens vs Sabres

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:50 am

Facebook comments are better but harder to link.
every year for this game I nearly cause myself a stroke by rolling my eyes back in my head reading the IG and Facebook comments.
"when is the heterosexual Pride game?" EVERY GAME IS HETEROSEXUAL PRIDE GAME YOU dodint! :roll:

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:04 am

Yeah, this is an easy one...

At 0:08 ZAR inserts himself into the picture. That's fine, but you get what you get there. He gets pushed, but not at all violently into the back of the net. There's nothing there for anyone. So far, I don't have a penalty anywhere. Nothing has happened. At 0:14, Hagg comes down with malintent through ZAR while he's on the back of the net. I can see that from above, but the ref that was nearby had gone to the back of the fray and didn't see that. If I only caught that out of the corner of my eye, I'd probably have Hagg for a rough there.

Now, at 0:19 this should start to dissipate. There are two refs standing on the net. That's when ZAR starts to have his wires cross. He takes Hagg's helmet off and then sends a jab right to his face. And that's that...it's not about "code" or any other nimby boy nonsense that you're upset about...there's two penalties there on ZAR and one on Hagg. The one on Hagg wasn't seen, they gave ZAR a routine discount on the two, and no matter how you slice it, he gets the extra two there...of all the places to complain about officiating, this one is all sour grapes...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:39 am

I have a huge problem with players purposely pushing other players onto the back of the net. If you do that, you deserve punched in the mush and shouldn’t be awarded a power play for getting punched in the mush.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:02 pm

Yeah, I don't love that. But ZAR kind of puts himself in a spot where he wedged himself right against the base of the net. Either way, this is all nothing...the team didn't shoot a single puck past Dustin Tokarski, that's the problem...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:05 pm

...the team didn't shoot a single puck past Dustin Tokarski, that's the problem...
:shudders:

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Yeah, this is an easy one...

At 0:08 ZAR inserts himself into the picture. That's fine, but you get what you get there. He gets pushed, but not at all violently into the back of the net. There's nothing there for anyone. So far, I don't have a penalty anywhere. Nothing has happened. At 0:14, Hagg comes down with malintent through ZAR while he's on the back of the net. I can see that from above, but the ref that was nearby had gone to the back of the fray and didn't see that. If I only caught that out of the corner of my eye, I'd probably have Hagg for a rough there.

Now, at 0:19 this should start to dissipate. There are two refs standing on the net. That's when ZAR starts to have his wires cross. He takes Hagg's helmet off and then sends a jab right to his face. And that's that...it's not about "code" or any other nimby boy nonsense that you're upset about...there's two penalties there on ZAR and one on Hagg. The one on Hagg wasn't seen, they gave ZAR a routine discount on the two, and no matter how you slice it, he gets the extra two there...of all the places to complain about officiating, this one is all sour grapes...
I give it 100 outta 10 on the JFresh Analytics scorecard.