☭☭ OFFICIAL GDT PENS AT RAGS 4/24 DO OR DIE ☭☭

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:01 pm

*Shrug* Alright, you guys win. The Pens suck & there's nothing positive.
I don't understand posts like this

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:03 pm

:thumb:

moveon.org.

Next year will look really different at the outset and we'll return renewed, refreshed and rejuvenated.

Sorry for harshing your wave, Brah. You're good people. :thumb:

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:04 pm

I burned my Kwiatkowski jersey over this

Avyran

Postby Avyran » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:05 pm

I burned my Kwiatkowski jersey over this
I'll add my Beech one tomorrow. :lol:

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:05 pm

I can't be mad at this series. There were a LOT of positives. This was by far the best effort this team put forth in the playoffs in years. Remember Philly? Crazy games where the Pens lost their minds. I'll take this please. I applaud their effort. I also think that HCMJ is much better in the playoffs than FCHDB. The Pens played the right way, they just couldn't generate enough offense.

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:07 pm

Lovejoy was on the ice for 10 of NY's 11 goals.
Wow, that's a pretty damning stat if true.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:09 pm

the Pens play their hearts out, despite being overmatched and other posters do nothing but bring the mood down by being overly negative.

It's the same reason why LGP is such a cesspool. I have no problem with being realistic but at a certain point the negativity just drags everything down and the forum devolves into everyone throwing their own crap at each other.

Avy and I are both optimists so it's frustrating to us. I bet our optimism frustrates the pessimists.
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Staggy

Postby Staggy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Eh, Eismann, I think that's too harsh. The Pens lost by one goal every game against the Rangers - the President's Trophy team. They were without four of their top six defenseman, yet they made the series much, much closer than anyone anticipated.

The loss of Letang (a Norris candidate), Maatta, Ehrhoff, & Pouliot cannot be overstated, unfortunately (+ Dupuis). And again, the Rangers only scored more than two goals once. Fleury was incredible.

Lots of positives from this series. Still have an absolutely massive hole / dearth of top six wingers (Hornqvist is the only for-sure guy right now), but the defense & the bottom six should be set for next year with the additions of Wilson, Sundqvist, possibly Rust... as well as being able to choose from all of the bottom six forwards the Pens currently have. There's like 12 of them on this roster. :P
Dude, I'm all for positives, but get real. Injuries included, look hard at the forwards play over the last several months. Deplorable. They were blown up from the core. Horribly lacking rush pressure, forced into easy mistakes all day.

Consider what past Pens have looked like. The scoring, dominating teams. This one looked nothing like those. And those all had some injuries, as well.

That said, this was indeed another year of ass-cramping hurts, for like the 10th year in a row.
Those scoring, dominating teams got shut down in the playoffs every single year. Sure it's more fun winning regular season games 5-4 but that's not what wins in the playoffs. GMJR assembled a team that plays playoff style hockey. Unfortunately our Norris nominee D, Calder nominee D, and star free agent D were all out of the lineup, let alone our Hart center looking like he was skating with me hanging on his back. Let alone all that, any observer could see we were playing the president trophy winners to damn near a draw.

Our forwards were crippled by our D's lack of puck moving skills in this series. We were going up against the best defensive core in the league and couldn't generate any speed through the neutral zone due to our inability to conduct a breakout. When we were able to set up shop in the Rangers' zone, Crosby's line dominated, Lappiere's was very good, and even Sutter's was able to generate chances. Only problem was NY's forwards could collapse down low because our point shots are lol worthy.

I just don't see where all the pessimism is coming from after this series. It's like Jaime Lannister trying to fight the Mountain without his right hand. Our weaknesses played right into their strengths and when we were finally able to break through their defense, oh yeah they had the best goalie in the league there to save them.

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:11 pm

the Pens play their hearts out, despite being overmatched and other posters do nothing but bring the mood down by being overly negative.

It's the same reason why LGP is such a cesspool. I have no problem with being realistic but at a certain point the negativity just drags everything down and the forum devolves into everyone throwing their own crap at each other.
Ease back, homes, and whiff the situation. Pretty understandable for the context. If it ain't your cup of tea, like New England weather, wait 5 minutes and it'll blow ova.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Eh, Eismann, I think that's too harsh. The Pens lost by one goal every game against the Rangers - the President's Trophy team. They were without four of their top six defenseman, yet they made the series much, much closer than anyone anticipated.

The loss of Letang (a Norris candidate), Maatta, Ehrhoff, & Pouliot cannot be overstated, unfortunately (+ Dupuis). And again, the Rangers only scored more than two goals once. Fleury was incredible.

Lots of positives from this series. Still have an absolutely massive hole / dearth of top six wingers (Hornqvist is the only for-sure guy right now), but the defense & the bottom six should be set for next year with the additions of Wilson, Sundqvist, possibly Rust... as well as being able to choose from all of the bottom six forwards the Pens currently have. There's like 12 of them on this roster. :P
Dude, I'm all for positives, but get real. Injuries included, look hard at the forwards play over the last several months. Deplorable. They were blown up from the core. Horribly lacking rush pressure, forced into easy mistakes all day.

Consider what past Pens have looked like. The scoring, dominating teams. This one looked nothing like those. And those all had some injuries, as well.

That said, this was indeed another year of ass-cramping hurts, for like the 10th year in a row.
Those scoring, dominating teams got shut down in the playoffs every single year. Sure it's more fun winning regular season games 5-4 but that's not what wins in the playoffs. GMJR assembled a team that plays playoff style hockey. Unfortunately our Norris nominee D, Calder nominee D, and star free agent D were all out of the lineup, let alone our Hart center looking like he was skating with me hanging on his back. Let alone all that, any observer could see we were playing the president trophy winners to damn near a draw.

Our forwards were crippled by our D's lack of puck moving skills in this series. We were going up against the best defensive core in the league and couldn't generate any speed through the neutral zone due to our inability to conduct a breakout. When we were able to set up shop in the Rangers' zone, Crosby's line dominated, Lappiere's was very good, and even Sutter's was able to generate chances. Only problem was NY's forwards could collapse down low because our point shots are lol worthy.

I just don't see where all the pessimism is coming from after this series. It's like Jaime Lannister trying to fight the Mountain without his right hand. Our weaknesses played right into their strengths and when we were finally able to break through their defense, oh yeah they had the best goalie in the league there to save them.
Let's be honest. Jamie with 2 hands wouldn't beat The Mountain.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Tough loss, but big picture, truly happy to have you all here on our fledgling venture. Love you all, **** New York, fartnoise.wav, etc

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:13 pm

I thought people were just talking about hockey but apparently the game is afoot

cadams

Postby cadams » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:13 pm

Wrong

Avyran

Postby Avyran » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Avy and I are both optimists so it's frustrating to us. I bet our optimism frustrates the pessimists.
My life's like this:

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:16 pm

The d's part in the transition had room to improve, but let's not gloss over that the forwards:

1. Didn't come back enough to start the rush in their own end
2. Planted their 1st pass recipient on the red line, stationary, making for an easily-busted up mark and rush-killer
3. Sent themselves to the boards and coughed up possession all day
4. Couldn't get their lead asses to the net with anything approaching effectiveness
5. Didn't match Rags' speed.

And look at the Rags' top 9 and compare their names to the Pens' top 9...No contest on paper, but the game ain't played on paper.
Last edited by Robot B9 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tico Rick

Postby Tico Rick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:16 pm

POTW
I decided to head out when I saw there was going to be a post-game crapfest here. Came back, took a peek and saw this post. Well said.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:17 pm

Wrong
Jamie for the first time in his life being overmatched gets confused that his tactics and overconfidence isn't working and then he gets smashed.

The line reads

Mountain -1000
Jamie +1500

EdOlczyk

Postby EdOlczyk » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:17 pm

I will not be renewing my season tickets next year.

It has been an unfortunate turn of events for the Pittsburgh Penguins, but I think those of us who are of age should move on. This team's window has closed;it was obvious in 2013 when we failed to steamroll Boston with the likes of Crsoby/Malkin/Kunitz/Iginla/Morrow/Letang/Fleury.

Honestly, the games were fun to go to when I was in college and grad school. There were plenty of females to wine and dine and take to a Pens game, then do whatever, but that time has passed. The NHL, and sports in general, are an absolute joke. A detriment to society as a whole. Why should we care about guys who make millions upon millions of dollars for 8 months of a fiscal year; and get that money to have the best time of their lives doing something they absolutely love to do?

At my age, I have a family, and other things in my life to worry about, and though I work as a software engineer and live comfortably, it's just plain silly to keep following these team(s). I was never a Football fan, or a Baseball fan; Football is for morons and Baseball is for insomniacs who do not have access to medical cannabis.

During my tenure as a "fan," it was an absolute blast to support a "tribe," in all of it's glory. But now, I just can't be bothered to give a crap. I haven't "truly" watched a game for over 24 months now. I stopped going to games, and started selling my tickets on the ticket exchange for profit to the weak minded who are obsessed with sports and would pay over-market value to attend these foolish coliseum-esque events.

Perhaps I'm just jaded. Pittsburgh is the biggest joke of a city I have ever seen. A hodge-podge of Euro-American trash, pollacks/slovaks/germans who are 4+ generations removed from their native country's. People claim "Oh this is one of the best places to live," and "Oh this city is so cultured," but in reality it is not. I've worked in the city for the past 6 years, and it's just downright hilarious. I received a job offer from Amazon two weeks ago, and I have to say I won't miss this city in the slightest. Everyone my age has moved on from Pittsburgh, and it's awful atmosphere, and I suggest that anyone between the ages of 21 - 33 get out of this collapsing place while you still can. This is one of the worst cities to live in in the United States. And don't get me started on Pennsylvania. Either way...good riddance Pittsburgh; the only thing this town ever had and ever will have is it's "sports culture." There is absolutely nothing to do outside of attending a Pirates/Steelers/Penguins game here. So to Pittsburgh, and yinzers, I leave you with:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Enjoy your I.C Light.

Avyran

Postby Avyran » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 pm

:shock:

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 pm

Post of the year... Post of the millennia. Bravo, I still thank you for helping my wife and I attend our first game at consol.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 pm

EdOlczyk is mean

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 pm

#GoodbyeAndGoodRiddance?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:21 pm

Uhhhhh

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Anyways...spunky game tonight. Good showing. I think this team is in big trouble going forward but they'll still be capable of games like this (and winning them from time to time).

bhflyhigh

Postby bhflyhigh » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:23 pm

I will not be renewing my season tickets next year.

It has been an unfortunate turn of events for the Pittsburgh Penguins, but I think those of us who are of age should move on. This team's window has closed;it was obvious in 2013 when we failed to steamroll Boston with the likes of Crsoby/Malkin/Kunitz/Iginla/Morrow/Letang/Fleury.

Honestly, the games were fun to go to when I was in college and grad school. There were plenty of females to wine and dine and take to a Pens game, then do whatever, but that time has passed. The NHL, and sports in general, are an absolute joke. A detriment to society as a whole. Why should we care about guys who make millions upon millions of dollars for 8 months of a fiscal year; and get that money to have the best time of their lives doing something they absolutely love to do?

At my age, I have a family, and other things in my life to worry about, and though I work as a software engineer and live comfortably, it's just plain silly to keep following these team(s). I was never a Football fan, or a Baseball fan; Football is for morons and Baseball is for insomniacs who do not have access to medical cannabis.

During my tenure as a "fan," it was an absolute blast to support a "tribe," in all of it's glory. But now, I just can't be bothered to give a crap. I haven't "truly" watched a game for over 24 months now. I stopped going to games, and started selling my tickets on the ticket exchange for profit to the weak minded who are obsessed with sports and would pay over-market value to attend these foolish coliseum-esque events.

Perhaps I'm just jaded. Pittsburgh is the biggest joke of a city I have ever seen. A hodge-podge of Euro-American trash, pollacks/slovaks/germans who are 4+ generations removed from their native country's. People claim "Oh this is one of the best places to live," and "Oh this city is so cultured," but in reality it is not. I've worked in the city for the past 6 years, and it's just downright hilarious. I received a job offer from Amazon two weeks ago, and I have to say I won't miss this city in the slightest. Everyone my age has moved on from Pittsburgh, and it's awful atmosphere, and I suggest that anyone between the ages of 21 - 33 get out of this collapsing place while you still can. This is one of the worst cities to live in in the United States. And don't get me started on Pennsylvania. Either way...good riddance Pittsburgh; the only thing this town ever had and ever will have is it's "sports culture." There is absolutely nothing to do outside of attending a Pirates/Steelers/Penguins game here. So to Pittsburgh, and yinzers, I leave you with:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Enjoy your I.C Light.
lol, get over yourself dude! Seriously your taking things way too seriously. Are you really Eddie O?