GDT Pens vs Habs Game 2

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

GDT Pens vs Habs Game 2

Postby meow » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:50 am

I have always like Schultz more on the top unit because he is much more deliberate with his plays. He doesn't clutch 6 times and head fake 3 more times before he does something like 58 does
It feels like the Pens get about three times as much time in the offensive zone with Letang back there, because Schultz is somehow never in the right spot to intercept a clearing attempt.
I honestly have no clue about that particular thing, but I don't know if I want to choose my PP QB based on "he keeps more pucks in" over "he makes better decisions"

Gaucho

GDT Pens vs Habs Game 2

Postby Gaucho » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:54 am

I have always like Schultz more on the top unit because he is much more deliberate with his plays. He doesn't clutch 6 times and head fake 3 more times before he does something like 58 does
It feels like the Pens get about three times as much time in the offensive zone with Letang back there, because Schultz is somehow never in the right spot to intercept a clearing attempt.
I honestly have no clue about that particular thing, but I don't know if I want to choose my PP QB based on "he keeps more pucks in" over "he makes better decisions"
Certainly not, but I can't say I'm too impressed with Schultz' decision-making either. Anyway, there's simply no excuse for the PP being this bad. Just fix it.

willeyeam

GDT Pens vs Habs Game 2

Postby willeyeam » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:19 am

I'm no tactical expert but I feel like the majority of our PP issues are more related to zone entries and winning offensive zone faceoffs to start the PP. The PP itself has generated some decent chances imo when in the zone but we spend too much time getting into the zone and setup

MR25

GDT Pens vs Habs Game 2

Postby MR25 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:22 am

We definitely miss Phil in that regard

shoeshine boy

GDT Pens vs Habs Game 2

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:51 pm

watching the Pens play against a puck playing goalie is frustrating. they can't seem to rim the puck around the glass to keep it away from Price. if you can't do that then why dump it in? you're just giving it to the Habs at that point.

MR25

GDT Pens vs Habs Game 2

Postby MR25 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:01 pm

With how Montreal clogs up the NZ, it's either dump in or risk an NZ turnover and an odd-man the other way.