Playoff GDT: Round II Game IIIII - Pens vs. Caps - 7PM EDT

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat May 05, 2018 10:25 pm

3rd period goals last four games (non empty net): Caps 6, Pens 0.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat May 05, 2018 10:25 pm

I'm higher than letang with the series lead on the line

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:26 pm

Pens in IIIIIII.
That **** up game numbering system on the thread titles cost us the game.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Pens lost game 5 to the Caps the last two years. Have faith gents.

Kovyfalcon27

Postby Kovyfalcon27 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Man there a lot of goofy doom and gloom people on this board. This team has won the last two Stanley Cups. They’ve been down 3-2 in a series in that time, have a little faith. Even if they don’t win THEYVE WON THE LAST TWO STANLEY CUPS. This whole year is house money. It doesn’t make you a super fan if you carry the opinion that if the Pens don’t win the cup every year it’s a bust season. It makes you a super moron. Pens in 7.

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sat May 05, 2018 10:31 pm

Man there a lot of goofy doom and gloom people on this board. This team has won the last two Stanley Cups. They’ve been down 3-2 in a series in that time, have a little faith. Even if they don’t win THEYVE WON THE LAST TWO STANLEY CUPS. This whole year is house money. It doesn’t make you a super fan if you carry the opinion that if the Pens don’t win the cup every year it’s a bust season. It makes you a super moron. Pens in 7.
How does it make us moronic if we're ok with losing? It's one thing to lose because the other team is better than you are. It's another thing to lose to a completely unlikable bunch because your team does some incredibly dumb things to lose those games.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sat May 05, 2018 10:32 pm

**** this game. Force the game 7.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat May 05, 2018 10:33 pm

**** this game. Force the game 7.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat May 05, 2018 10:35 pm

TJ oshie is the single worst American citizen on earth imo
Hesrightyouknow.gif

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Pens in 7.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat May 05, 2018 10:47 pm

There's not a team in the league that I wouldn't rather lose to than this bunch of mental midgets and their amateur hour fans. They had them dead to rights in the 1st tonight and let that happen. They could get swept in the next round but this is all they want. I don't want them to have any sense of accomplishment at all.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat May 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Kris Letang is more than a liability right now.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat May 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Useless Silver Lining: No one left to oppose me on that albatross Letang.

Didn't want it like this, though.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 pm

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Hah.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat May 05, 2018 11:07 pm

Didn't want it like this, though.
You slack-jawed [Content deleted by Berkley Thought and Internet Crimes Division and flagged for detention]

Kovyfalcon27

Postby Kovyfalcon27 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:10 pm

How does it make us moronic if we're ok with losing? It's one thing to lose because the other team is better than you are. It's another thing to lose to a completely unlikable bunch because your team does some incredibly dumb things to lose those games.
Every one of your posts goes something like “GOD DAMMIT SO AND SO YOU **** SUCK EVERYONE SUCKS WHY DONT WE GO 16-0 EVERY YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS AND WIN EVERY GAME 7-0 LIKE WE SHOULD **** OFF WAAAAA”. So I’ll just go ahead and stand by my original post.

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Every one of your posts goes something like “GOD DAMMIT SO AND SO YOU **** SUCK EVERYONE SUCKS WHY DONT WE GO 16-0 EVERY YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS AND WIN EVERY GAME 7-0 LIKE WE SHOULD **** OFF WAAAAA”. So I’ll just go ahead and stand by my original post.
Oh, so I'm not allowed to be frustrated by dumb plays? And you couldn't be further from the truth with your citations. But then, you're probably at the bottom of the list of the brighter posters on here so I know what I'm dealing with as far as mentality level here.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat May 05, 2018 11:24 pm

Awww :(

Be kind, bruhs.

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:35 pm

Awww :(

Be kind, bruhs.
Truth hurts!!
Lol

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat May 05, 2018 11:35 pm

The story of the series is now goaltending and us not showing up in the 3rd. And not Wilson. Blech.

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:47 pm

The story of the series is now goaltending and us not showing up in the 3rd. And not Wilson. Blech.
The stories are compounding, for sure. Goaltending, bad 3rd periods, bonehead individual mistakes making big bad impacts on game outcomes, lack of scoring depth.

The U

Postby The U » Sun May 06, 2018 12:02 am

Call it an excuse or a reason......your call.....but Malkin and Kessel both playing at around 50% health is a huge deal.

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sun May 06, 2018 12:36 am

Call it an excuse or a reason......your call.....but Malkin and Kessel both playing at around 50% health is a huge deal.
I don't think it's an excuse. They just haven't looked the same that they did in the regular season. Hell, Phil hasn't looked right since Game 75 or so. That's a giant chunk of the even-strength scoring that just hasn't been there in this series especially.

What's been most disconcerting is the amount of mistakes that have been made that have lost these games so far -- bad handling in the defensive zone, missed assignments, a dumb penalty or two, and subpar goaltending. They've blown 2 3rd period leads in this series and both of those were lost not because the other team was highly-skilled but because of mistakes. All is not lost yet but the combination of mistakes, empty sweaters, and guys being dinged up have stopped this from being a 5-game Penguins series win.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Sun May 06, 2018 1:00 am

The Caps were demoralized after game 4 and probably doubting themselves after 2 periods tonight. Now, they probably can't believe their good fortune. Reminds me of something from Sun Tzu about leaving the enemy alone to make mistakes and beat themselves. This isn't the Caps having Their Year (TM) so much as it's the Pens letting them have it.

I remember the feeling after game 5 in the '09 final and after game 5 in the '16 ECF. Pens won games 6 and 7 then, and they can do it now. @nocera 's statement that it'll feel all the sweeter when the Pens win in 7 helps me to muster a smile. I admit I'm less certain, however, because this year's Pens can't seem to have their heads out of their asses for more than 2 periods in a row.

If Geno issues any guarantees like he did after game 5 vs. Tampa, then he had better back it up.

@NailedPenguin read my mind when he says that he doesn't want this Caps team and their fans feel any accomplishment. Screw them.

Oh, well.

Let's go, Pens.

Let's go, Pens!

LET'S GO, PENS!!!