Playoff GDT: Round II Game IIII - Pens vs. Caps - 7PM EDT

FistOfCaufield

Postby FistOfCaufield » Fri May 04, 2018 10:39 am

Caps fans aren’t the worst in the league. But they are the worst at internet commenting. I grew up in that area. There was a higher concentration of intelligence than anywhere else I’ve lived. I seriously have no clue how that region produces the dumbest fans in hockey.
It's not that they're dumb, it's just that a lot of what they know isn't true
Last edited by FistOfCaufield on Fri May 04, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri May 04, 2018 10:40 am

*they're

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 04, 2018 10:43 am

Reddit likes to call it “salt” and “living rent free in our heads” when someone breaks the jaw of one of our players off a cheap hit. They don’t know how anything works.

FistOfCaufield

Postby FistOfCaufield » Fri May 04, 2018 10:43 am

*they're
fixed, thank ya - listening on discord to a pubg game being played by 4 people in our office and I can't think.

FistOfCaufield

Postby FistOfCaufield » Fri May 04, 2018 10:45 am

Reddit likes to call it “salt” and “living rent free in our heads” when someone breaks the jaw of one of our players off a cheap hit. They don’t know how anything works.
If I'm a caps fan, I'm pissed at Tom Wilson not just for 3 games... but that he took 3 games and only took out a 4th liner. To quote league minimum catcher Jake Taylor... if you were going to pull that **** at least you could have taken out Jake Guentzal.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri May 04, 2018 10:45 am

*they're
fixed, thank ya - listening on discord to a pubg game being played by 4 people in our office and I can't think.
Just thought it was funny in context. ;)

Also, that's one hell of a work environment.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Fri May 04, 2018 10:46 am

I kind of enjoy the continual hate /r/hockey has for the Pens. It's good being the villain, and this must be exactly how it feels to be a Pats fan.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 am

I kind of enjoy the continual hate /r/hockey has for the Pens. It's good being the villain, and this must be exactly how it feels to be a Pats fan.
I get my daily dosage of salt from HF.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 am

If I'm a caps fan, I'm pissed at Tom Wilson not just for 3 games... but that he took 3 games and only took out a 4th liner. To quote league minimum catcher Jake Taylor... if you were going to pull that **** at least you could have taken out Jake Guentzal.
he won them game 3. If he didn’t knock ZAR out and slew foot Maatta, the caps are down 3-1. It’s a complicated scape goat situation.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Fri May 04, 2018 10:52 am

None of them are angry at Wilson. He's the game 2 and 3 hero, a martyr, sacrificed at the NHL's shrine in tribute to the Pens.

Reading postgame reports from last night, the Caps and (FWIW) their fans are mentally shaken. The Pens really need to score first tomorrow night to nurture the seeds of doubt.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri May 04, 2018 10:53 am

Tom Wilson's stupidity resulted in Smith-Pelly being on the first line. I think that has more to do with the Caps' loss than the Penguins occupying real estate in their heads. But don't discount the real estate altogether.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri May 04, 2018 11:06 am

My favorite part of the game last night was when all the fans were letting the Pens know it is okay to shoot on the power play. Especially when there was no clear lane to shoot.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Fri May 04, 2018 11:13 am

Aren't people browsing reddit by best comments? I generally encounter reasonable views and have the impression hockey fans there are pro penguins at this point vs the caps. Unless you go digging for idiots with no upvotes or if you're reading it by new comments I guess

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri May 04, 2018 11:14 am

GDT's auto sort by new. So if you pop into one you're getting the down and dirty of it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:20 am

GDT's auto sort by new. So if you pop into one you're getting the down and dirty of it.
There's your problem. All GDTs are infested with morons. You need to browse specific highlight/topic threads after the fact to find the reasonable people, and always sort by Best.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:22 am

Faubert5
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - no fan of the Predators

Postby Faubert5 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:22 am

None of them are angry at Wilson. He's the game 2 and 3 hero, a martyr, sacrificed at the NHL's shrine in tribute to the Pens.

Reading postgame reports from last night, the Caps and (FWIW) their fans are mentally shaken. The Pens really need to score first tomorrow night to nurture the seeds of doubt.
I think the Caps double down on stupid in front of the home fans. Scoring early would be nice. Hope the boys maintain composure and play defense. If they do those two things they win this series.

Faubert5
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - no fan of the Predators

Postby Faubert5 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:27 am

Caps fans aren’t the worst in the league. But they are the worst at internet commenting. I grew up in that area. There was a higher concentration of intelligence than anywhere else I’ve lived. I seriously have no clue how that region produces the dumbest fans in hockey.
It's not that they're dumb, it's just that a lot of what they know isn't true
There are all kinds of stupid. The worst kind of stupid usually comes from people who've been told they're brilliant their whole lives.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri May 04, 2018 11:34 am

Stupid are that takes from last night's game on the Cook and Poni show. Caller states Kessel worst player on the penguins, host agree, caller suggests Sprong for Kessel cause they both "play the same style" hosts agree. Then move to how it would wound Kessel's ego though. Cite instance last playoffs that the Penguins coulnd't move Kessel off of Malkin's line because it would upset him, Cook then cites pieces about trading Kessel last offseason, of which, there may have been more than one, but he might have written the only piece about the Penguins wanting to trade Kessel last year.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri May 04, 2018 11:35 am

Stupid are that takes from last night's game on the Cook and Poni show. Caller states Kessel worst player on the penguins, host agree, caller suggests Sprong for Kessel cause they both "play the same style" hosts agree. Then move to how it would wound Kessel's ego though. Cite instance last playoffs that the Penguins coulnd't move Kessel off of Malkin's line because it would upset him, Cook then cites pieces about trading Kessel last offseason, of which, there may have been more than one, but he might have written the only piece about the Penguins wanting to trade Kessel last year.
Sounds like they had Mackey call in anonymously and hosted an anti-Kessel circle jerk.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 04, 2018 11:36 am

Aren't people browsing reddit by best comments? I generally encounter reasonable views and have the impression hockey fans there are pro penguins at this point vs the caps. Unless you go digging for idiots with no upvotes or if you're reading it by new comments I guess
the "best" comments tend to be the ones most hostile towards pittsburgh.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri May 04, 2018 11:37 am

I usually only peek into the post game thread.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri May 04, 2018 11:40 am

Being the villain is way more fun than being the underdog fan favorite.

FistOfCaufield

Postby FistOfCaufield » Fri May 04, 2018 11:42 am

*they're
Just thought it was funny in context. ;)

Also, that's one hell of a work environment.
Always embarrassing making fun on intelligence and making a grammar mistake, as for work - pubg fridays... I'll get my runs in later today... although it rarely starts this early but kids must have off school because a few of them are here and playing.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 04, 2018 11:42 am

Being the villain is way more fun than being the underdog fan favorite.
i like being the villain.

but like dodint, i can't deal with the stupidity. don't care who it's directed at, but it just hurts to read.