Caps. Round Two.

MR25

Caps. Round Two.

Postby MR25 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:19 am

I thought they used it in conjunction with a horn.

Either way, it sounds exactly the same as like 8 other teams.

shafnutz05

Caps. Round Two.

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:32 pm

I am hoping for shut outs on the road. I don't want to hear that obnoxious goal siren.
This

If that was our goal siren I think I would hope we didn’t score
we have the worst noise-related nuisance in the league. i haven't noticed anyone else's annoying sound makers since icebe- *HONK HONK HOOOOOOONK*

ah for f***'s sake
In a vacuum I agree with you, but that has really gotten my 4 y.o. into games. During the games, any time she hears that she yells LET'S GO PENS! The great thing is, when we play Washington, she can do it with their annoying horn too. She also likes to pretend *she* is the airhorn and we have to respond with LGP. Admittedly, this has tinted my opinion of said noise-related nuisance.

shafnutz05

Caps. Round Two.

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm

With reference to the Pens anger, I'm fairly confident they will channel that anger to a good place and come out flying in Game 3. Sullivan seems to do a very good job of harnessing that emotion and using it properly, unlike Bylsma. I also love how vocal Sullivan is without stepping over the line.

Waffles
Location: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Caps. Round Two.

Postby Waffles » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm

I am hoping for shut outs on the road. I don't want to hear that obnoxious goal siren.
This

we have the worst noise-related nuisance in the league. i haven't noticed anyone else's annoying sound makers since icebe- *HONK HONK HOOOOOOONK*

ah for f***'s sake
In a vacuum I agree with you, but that has really gotten my 4 y.o. into games. During the games, any time she hears that she yells LET'S GO PENS! The great thing is, when we play Washington, she can do it with their annoying horn too. She also likes to pretend *she* is the airhorn and we have to respond with LGP. Admittedly, this has tinted my opinion of said noise-related nuisance.
My fondest sporting memory for a long, long time was being maybe 8 or 9 years old and seeing the Steelers whoop up on Cleveland at three rivers and joining in on the "Cleveland sucks!" chant. Time of my life and really helped me get into it all.

Blue Canary

Caps. Round Two.

Postby Blue Canary » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:58 pm

With reference to the Pens anger, I'm fairly confident they will channel that anger to a good place and come out flying in Game 3. Sullivan seems to do a very good job of harnessing that emotion and using it properly, unlike Bylsma. I also love how vocal Sullivan is without stepping over the line.
I agree on all 3 points.

Additionally, the Pens need to score first. The Caps wilted and dried up like dead flowers when the Pens tied game 1. They get scared, from goalie on out. If the second Pens goal would've counted, I wouldn't at all have been surprised had the Pens won.

Blue Canary

Caps. Round Two.

Postby Blue Canary » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:02 pm

This

We had a goal siren 25-30 years ago. Didn't like it then, and I despise Washington's now.

The only siren I liked in the old days was #5.