Pens. Flyers. Game 5

shafnutz05

Pens. Flyers. Game 5

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:37 pm

I thought Neuvirth was fantastic last night and if you squint enough stole the game for them.

I also think Neuvirth can let up a 5 spot through 2 periods tomorrow, however.
Well said. There's a reason why Caps fans thought he could be their guy not long ago. He's very hot and cold.

I agree with shmengy's take...the individual performances are a bit concerning. I'm optimistic that Kessel/Malkin can get their sht together for G6, but Letang is a lost cause at this point. We are better in all facets than the Flyers, just end this nonsense already.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Pens. Flyers. Game 5

Postby meow » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:15 am

I thought Neuvirth was fantastic last night and if you squint enough stole the game for them.

This is correct.

He was fantastic because he made what?

Anyone?

Anyone?

That’s right. Timely saves.

He had one big timer when he stoned Sid from in tight. The rest of his performance was a touch above average, but when there were pivotal points in the game, he did not take a dump all over the blue.

willeyeam

Pens. Flyers. Game 5

Postby willeyeam » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 am

Well said. There's a reason why Caps fans thought he could be their guy not long ago. He's very hot and cold.

I agree with shmengy's take...the individual performances are a bit concerning. I'm optimistic that Kessel/Malkin can get their sht together for G6, but Letang is a lost cause at this point. We are better in all facets than the Flyers, just end this nonsense already.
That's mostly because Caps fans are dumb and they also had no idea what a decent goalie looked like until Holtby showed up

meow

Pens. Flyers. Game 5

Postby meow » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:50 am

Ehhh, they had Ollie the Goalie for a long time and he was better than decent. Now, a vast majority of their fans may not have been around in, 2007?...if that’s when Kolzig hung them up.

slappybrown

Pens. Flyers. Game 5

Postby slappybrown » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:00 am

This is correct.

He was fantastic because he made what?

Anyone?

Anyone?

That’s right. Timely saves.

He had one big timer when he stoned Sid from in tight. The rest of his performance was a touch above average, but when there were pivotal points in the game, he did not take a dump all over the blue.
There were points where we were giving them the Globetrotters v Washington Generals treatment for extended periods of time and they just could not get it by him.

meow

Pens. Flyers. Game 5

Postby meow » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:56 pm

For sure. He made all the saves asked of him and one or two that he wasn’t expected to make.