Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Troy Loney

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Having fans that go to immediate nostalgia-model helps too. Forgetting that he let five goals just three days ago because they won one day ago.
24-10 career playoff record. 1.93 GAA and .928 sv%.

On any team, those numbers are elite, for a Penguins goalie? It's unreal.

Gaucho

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Gaucho » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Yeah, but have you seen the Flyers' 5th goal? He was nowhere to be seen.

dodint

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:22 pm

Yeah, I forgot they pulled him with something like four and a half minutes left. I wonder why that could be...

I'm as happy as anyone he woke up for the playoffs. He's on his own this time around, best of luck to him.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby meow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:22 pm

Having fans that go to immediate nostalgia-model helps too. Forgetting that he let five goals just three days ago because they won one day ago.
I think you’re better than this.

Gaucho

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Gaucho » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:24 pm

I used to do so, too.

Orlando Penguin

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Walking thru the ATL airport today wearing a Penguins shirt and got a dirty look from some joker wearing a ‘SMASH’ hat. Almost asked if he was jealous but instead, just smiled.

Troy Loney

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:28 pm

I'm not sure what amount of Murray's post season success one would have to discount to question whether he was going to show up for the playoffs.

dodint

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:30 pm

I'm not.

Part of it is that it's not even a commentary on Murray, but the binary nature of Pens fans who either see the sky as falling or they're just biding time before the next inevitable cup. This swing occurs in-game, in-series, in-season, whatever. The Murray fawning this morning is a symptom of the latter. I just provided a reminder that things weren't so rosy on Saturday morning.

As for the direct Murray 'criticism' by me, I'm still in the small sample size crowd who sees regression (statistically) ahead. I'm not rooting for it, but I'm not waiving the HoF waiting period to put him in right now either. I'm happy to be proven wrong here, by all means.

I'm happy he's playing well again. I'm not rooting against him. I do have a pragmatic mindset that doesn't convey well online amongst cheerleaders, and I'm okay with taking the hit for that. This is a crowd that are in the midst of being duped by the Pirates so I'm okay with where I stand.

meow

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby meow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Boo this man.

NTP66

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:33 pm

meow

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby meow » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:39 pm

That screams you waiting patiently for an “I told you so” moment.

Troy Loney

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:41 pm

I'm happy he's playing well again. I'm not rooting against him. I do have a pragmatic mindset that doesn't convey well online amongst cheerleaders, and I'm okay with taking the hit for that. This is a crowd that are in the midst of being duped by the Pirates so I'm okay with where I stand.
Is someone failing the Dodint eye test?

So you think Murray can go from winning two stanley cups to farting away this year's playoff run? You are going to need a way stronger case than SSS for that one. Two SC championships moots any SSS argument.

For the Pirates, do you believe that you hold some sort of higher comprehension as to why baseball teams win and lose to allow you to shrug off the 11-4 start? I don't believe that you do, I think you are subscribing to group think, and knowing that the odds are more likely than not that the Pirates miss the playoffs has allowed for your conviction on that unqualified position.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:47 pm

@slappybrown

I believe dodint has taken the bad take boy title for the day. Please confirm.

willeyeam

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby willeyeam » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:55 pm

@slappybrown

I believe dodint has taken the bad take boy title for the day. Please confirm.
duped by the pirates? turrible take

dodint

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:57 pm

That screams you waiting patiently for an “I told you so” moment.
Nah, not at all. Like I said, it doesn't convey well here. I can see how I'm misunderstood.

Silentom

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Silentom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:00 pm

dodint - tempering 5AF expectations since 2015.

Faubert5
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - no fan of the Predators

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Faubert5 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Walking thru the ATL airport today wearing a Penguins shirt and got a dirty look from some joker wearing a ‘SMASH’ hat. Almost asked if he was jealous but instead, just smiled.

If they aren't already the most obnoxious fan base they're well on their way. I so hope they drop the next two in Colorado and lose this round at home, in game seven, in triple-overtime. I don't think Bernier is going to allow that though.

Jim

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm not.

Part of it is that it's not even a commentary on Murray, but the binary nature of Pens fans who either see the sky as falling or they're just biding time before the next inevitable cup. This swing occurs in-game, in-series, in-season, whatever. The Murray fawning this morning is a symptom of the latter. I just provided a reminder that things weren't so rosy on Saturday morning.

As for the direct Murray 'criticism' by me, I'm still in the small sample size crowd who sees regression (statistically) ahead. I'm not rooting for it, but I'm not waiving the HoF waiting period to put him in right now either. I'm happy to be proven wrong here, by all means.

An in-season swing is understandable... that's a considerable sample size to alter perceptions and expectations.

Gaucho

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby Gaucho » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:42 pm

dodint

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:51 pm

nocera

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:53 pm

He lost me when he compared Crosby to Bobby **** Clarke.
Crosby now has 30 points in 20 career playoff games against the Flyers, and in style and substance, he is proving a more-talented iteration of Bobby Clarke. Beyond their offensive skills and leadership, both were willing to engage in gamesmanship or tread the line of clean play – and sometimes cross it – to gain an edge.
Crosby burns with the same fire to win that the greatest Flyer of all did, and perhaps their similarities account for why people here hate him so much

shmenguin

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Is someone failing the Dodint eye test?

So you think Murray can go from winning two stanley cups to farting away this year's playoff run? You are going to need a way stronger case than SSS for that one. Two SC championships moots any SSS argument.

For the Pirates, do you believe that you hold some sort of higher comprehension as to why baseball teams win and lose to allow you to shrug off the 11-4 start? I don't believe that you do, I think you are subscribing to group think, and knowing that the odds are more likely than not that the Pirates miss the playoffs has allowed for your conviction on that unqualified position.
current state murray does not necessarily equal future state murray. he could absolutely fall off the cliff at any point. because he's human. but he's less likely than, say, that guy from winnipeg who we have no data on.

shmenguin

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:55 pm

He lost me when he compared Crosby to Bobby **** Clarke.
Crosby now has 30 points in 20 career playoff games against the Flyers, and in style and substance, he is proving a more-talented iteration of Bobby Clarke. Beyond their offensive skills and leadership, both were willing to engage in gamesmanship or tread the line of clean play – and sometimes cross it – to gain an edge.
Crosby burns with the same fire to win that the greatest Flyer of all did, and perhaps their similarities account for why people here hate him so much
i think that was just throwing the knuckle draggers a bone so they wouldn't call him a f****t in the comments

RonnieFranchise

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Somebody’s losing his Philly privileges.....

DigitalGypsy66

Pens. Flyers. Game 3.

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Yeah, that columnist may need witness protection. :shock: