GDT: Game LXV - PIT v BOS - 7:08 EDT

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Oh, good, Pirates talk. I feel better now.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Comeback time.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Oh, good, Pirates talk. I feel better now.
Despite the score, I was hoping not to be totally demoralized. "So, the Pirates..." Aaargh. That'll do it.
Last edited by Blue Canary on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:38 pm

atta boy, olli

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Olli better score unlimited goals for shooting high on Murray in practice.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:39 pm

It's already 9:35 and there's still over 14 minutes left haha...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:39 pm

Can anyone smarter than myself explain why the Pens looked unbeatable through most of February but suddenly are playing like complete trash?
Is the answer Jesus?

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Olli gets an HT and this circus might actually be worth it. Maybe. Not really. But it would be pretty funny.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:41 pm

Can anyone smarter than myself explain why the Pens looked unbeatable through most of February but suddenly are playing like complete trash?
Is the answer Jesus?
The answer is that we as a society have clearly moved away from Jesus. I read that often on the internet.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 pm

NHL.com says the Bruins are only going on their 5th PP. Feels like their 13th.

Olli taketh the goalie, then giveth a couple of goals, then taketh away again...
Last edited by Blue Canary on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spiritfan

Postby spiritfan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Comeback time.
Cant determine if that optimism or sarcasm?

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:42 pm

surely bos isn't going to go 4 for 5 on the PP?

meow

Postby meow » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Is the answer Jesus?
The answer is that we as a society have clearly moved away from Jesus. I read that often on the internet.
The internet does not lie

spiritfan

Postby spiritfan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Not to get off of the subject... but if one looks at the radar loop right now over Pittsburgh... it’s a freakin eye of a hurricane over western pa.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:44 pm

surely bos isn't going to go 4 for 5 on the PP?
I think that, out of this whole farce, that would upset me the most. That's just insane.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Kill this, Pens, and get that 5th goal!

Wooooo, kill, kill, killlllled....

The U

Postby The U » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:46 pm

I’m confident we’ll make the playoffs so these Wins and Losses don’t mean anything to me. Finishing worse in the standings can be a blessing in disguise at times and get you a better matchup. I also like starting the playoffs on the road.

All I really care about over the next 15+ games is how we LOOK. The past few games have me concerned. The lines are a mess. Sheahan is suddenly our 3rd line wing? Rowney/Kuhn dressing every night and playing 4 mins? ZAR injured. Team toughness gone. Speed advantage is seemingly non existent. Murray injured. Hunwick seemingly has to play because we have no other D? We are one injury away from Hunwich and Ruh or Hunwick and Corrado both dressing in playoffs?

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Meh, it's a long season. Teams go through ebbs and flows. You know now as a coach that this is your group...so you start tinkering around with things, you start looking at trying some new next-level things, making some adjustments (even if they aren't necessarily needed because you're winning) because you need to be prepared for multiple styles of play in a playoff series...now is time to fire that stuff...and yeah, it can upset the apple cart...but it's really difficult to learn and accomplish certain degrees of play style differences or more-than-minor adjustments in a short period of time in the long sprint that is the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

We're obviously fiddling with our in-zone coverage...and frankly, it stinks right now...you can also see we're messing with our breakout a little bit and experimenting with less touches, more carrying breakouts...it's about being adaptable to anything...Columbus' grind-a-thon, Tampa's track meet, Toronto's general softness, Washington's faux toughness, Boston's back pressure, Jersey's tight gap/line holding, etc. etc. etc.

We're in the playoffs minus a miracle...so we have that luxury, where we aren't chasing this rabbit to the finish...you can't - especially us, back to back champs - rest on your laurels...you need to be pressing to get better and part of that is failing...and learning from that failure...

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:53 pm

If Sheahan is going to be a third line winger we need to recall Simon or Sprong immediately because Rowney sucks balls as a center and Sheary is worthless all over the ice.

meow

Postby meow » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:57 pm

Next goal wins

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:58 pm

10-8 is still possible.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:59 pm

Meh, it's a long season. Teams go through ebbs and flows. You know now as a coach that this is your group...so you start tinkering around with things, you start looking at trying some new next-level things, making some adjustments (even if they aren't necessarily needed because you're winning) because you need to be prepared for multiple styles of play in a playoff series...now is time to fire that stuff...and yeah, it can upset the apple cart...but it's really difficult to learn and accomplish certain degrees of play style differences or more-than-minor adjustments in a short period of time in the long sprint that is the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

We're obviously fiddling with our in-zone coverage...and frankly, it stinks right now...you can also see we're messing with our breakout a little bit and experimenting with less touches, more carrying breakouts...it's about being adaptable to anything...Columbus' grind-a-thon, Tampa's track meet, Toronto's general softness, Washington's faux toughness, Boston's back pressure, Jersey's tight gap/line holding, etc. etc. etc.

We're in the playoffs minus a miracle...so we have that luxury, where we aren't chasing this rabbit to the finish...you can't - especially us, back to back champs - rest on your laurels...you need to be pressing to get better and part of that is failing...and learning from that failure...
:thumb:

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Honestly, go **** yourself.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:02 pm

Wow, what a dive by Brassard...

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:05 pm

Well, that game sure ended.