***** Brassard to Penguins *****

Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:14 pm

I’ve seen more than one dolt on Penguins social media outlets discussing “you can’t take Sheahan away from Phil and Jake!” and want to put Brassard on the 4the line. Things like this are why I hate so many people.

Welcome to my point of view.

spiritfan

Postby spiritfan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:45 pm

So GMJR traded away two impending free agents, AND got a second line center to fill his third line center spot for this season and next season, AND got someone else to pay 40% of that players salary, AND increased the teams salary cap for this season, AND I believe delayed the trade purposely past 5:00pm so the Sens would be responsible for another $26k of said players salary... the NHL is Jim’s league and we are all just fans of Jim’s team... and everybody else are just his btchs... build that SOB a statue!!!

spiritfan

Postby spiritfan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:46 pm

oh... forgot one thing... Rob Rossi how does it feel?????

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:48 pm

oh... forgot one thing... Rob Rossi how does it feel?????
Sore jaw after his last Orpik interview.

Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:00 pm

So GMJR traded away two impending free agents, AND got a second line center to fill his third line center spot for this season and next season, AND got someone else to pay 40% of that players salary, AND increased the teams salary cap for this season, AND I believe delayed the trade purposely past 5:00pm so the Sens would be responsible for another $26k of said players salary... the NHL is Jim’s league and we are all just fans of Jim’s team... and everybody else are just his btchs... build that SOB a statue!!!

Come on now... it's not "my" team....

:pop:

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:23 pm

I'm not sure what's dumber:

The other fans who are mad at the NHL for allowing the Pens to make the trade

Or

The Pens fans who think the league intentionally and nefariously blocked the deal because they didn't want the Pens to get Brassard.

Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:28 pm

There are Pens fans that thuink the league tried to keep the Pens from getting Brassard?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:10 pm

this trade smells fishy.i dont blame other fan bases. but ill take it

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:10 pm

I'm not sure what's dumber:

The other fans who are mad at the NHL for allowing the Pens to make the trade

Or

The Pens fans who think the league intentionally and nefariously blocked the deal because they didn't want the Pens to get Brassard.
“You are all equally worthless.”

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Screw that. Get Cups

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:45 pm

There are Pens fans that thuink the league tried to keep the Pens from getting Brassard?

Yes. I saw a lot of complaints when it came out that the trade needed to be re-worked, a lot comparing this to the Pronger and Datsyuk situations for whatever reason, like "Oh the Flyers were able to trade his contract but we can't have two teams retain salary". Also **** like this:
NHL: We'll give the Pens 19 back to back games... surely that will tire them out.

Pens: Still winning...

NHL: We will block your trade for a solid 3rd line center.

Pens: You really don't get it, do you?
It's just dumb.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:47 pm

lgp

The U

Postby The U » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Call me crazy but I still want another winger. I know the need right now seems tonbe at #6 D but the line combos are not quite 100%. I think we are one Maroon, Kane, etc away from being almost flawless on offense.

Right now many seem perfectly comfortable with ZAR or Simon on line 1. I think that’s some wishful thinking to assume a minor leaguer is going to stick on Sid’s wing for a playoff run. I like those guys but would feel much more comfortable if they were on line 4.

Hunwick, Sheary, Sprong, 2nd rd pick are all assets that should be in play. I know it’s a bit greedy and the team is playing great as is, but I say let’s go for it and grab a winger and a defenseman before 3pm Monday.

Would you do Sheary for Kane with retention? Sheary is in line 4 right now making 3 mil.

Would you give up a pick and prospect for Maroon or somebody else capable of playing with Sid?

Would you trade a pick or prospect for a #6 D?

I don’t see why not...

The easiest deal to make would be to find a team that has both the D and W we want (Buffalo, Arizona, etc)

Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Yes. I saw a lot of complaints when it came out that the trade needed to be re-worked, a lot comparing this to the Pronger and Datsyuk situations for whatever reason, like "Oh the Flyers were able to trade his contract but we can't have two teams retain salary". Also **** like this:
NHL: We'll give the Pens 19 back to back games... surely that will tire them out.

Pens: Still winning...

NHL: We will block your trade for a solid 3rd line center.

Pens: You really don't get it, do you?
It's just dumb.
I didn't take it that way. I took it as confusion as to what the issue was as opposed to and actual acqusation that the league was acting against the Pens. The problem was that too manY were bouncing around after reading near meaningless posts and tweets from people that had no idea what was actually happening and it was just causing confusion. "If x happened, what's the problem with y?" Not, "if x happened, then the league is acting against the Pens here!" Same with people jumping on the cap retention for just this year thing. It was a typo that people took as fact even though it is clearly not allowable.

Too much knee jerk reaction to half-assed info.

mikey

Postby mikey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Absolutely not re: Sheary for Kane.
Maroon is probably the slowest top-six forward in the league. I'm not sure what element he really adds. We're still more of a rush offense, and Maroon is only effective below the dots...I'd listen to the cost, but I don't know what need he addresses in the lineup.
I would be fine adding another d-man, sure.

Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Call me crazy but I still want another winger. I know the need right now seems tonbe at #6 D but the line combos are not quite 100%. I think we are one Maroon, Kane, etc away from being almost flawless on offense.

Right now many seem perfectly comfortable with ZAR or Simon on line 1. I think that’s some wishful thinking to assume a minor leaguer is going to stick on Sid’s wing for a playoff run. I like those guys but would feel much more comfortable if they were on line 4.

Hunwick, Sheary, Sprong, 2nd rd pick are all assets that should be in play. I know it’s a bit greedy and the team is playing great as is, but I say let’s go for it and grab a winger and a defenseman before 3pm Monday.

Would you do Sheary for Kane with retention? Sheary is in line 4 right now making 3 mil.

Would you give up a pick and prospect for Maroon or somebody else capable of playing with Sid?

Would you trade a pick or prospect for a #6 D?

I don’t see why not...

The easiest deal to make would be to find a team that has both the D and W we want (Buffalo, Arizona, etc)

Depth is always good to have, especially at D, but the Pens do not have a real top 6 LW. I have a list of positional wants, but the first on the list is an actual top 6 LW.

mikey

Postby mikey » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Guentzel?

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:25 pm

Guentzel?
Sure. But he’s better at C (which is currently not a need).

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Better at C? Hm ...

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Better at C? Hm ...
Yes. You just don’t want to see it...because goals are sexier?

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:41 pm

You're a belligerent dude.

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Nah. He’s too good to be hemmed in at wing for his career.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:46 pm

In what universe is Guentzel better at center? Hemmed in at what? Is Phil hemmed in? Was Jagr ever hemmed in? Dynamic wingers don't really get hemmed in. Wing allows Guentzel to be creative without trying to figure out the defensive responsibilities for a center. Regardless, if/when everyone is healthy:

Sheary*-Crosby-Rust
Hagelin-Malkin-Horny
Guentzel-Brassard-Phil
Kuhnhackl-Sheahan-Rowney

Simon, ZAR, Dea, Blueger, Sprong

Who knows if Sheary is put back on Sid's wing, but I really don't see a need for another winger there, let alone a highish-end winger. Maybe someone who is a little less green as the scratched forwards, but let's a lot less important to me than acquiring a defenseman who either replaces Hunwick in the lineup (I think he's played fine lately and pairs well with Oleksiak) or ensures that Uncle June isn't the 8th defenseman.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:51 pm

I believe that if he were better at C, he'd play C. It's not a very interesting point of view, I admit. I thought he looked competent at C, but his ceiling as a goal scoring winger appears much higher.

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 pm

I believe that if he were better at C, he'd play C. It's not a very interesting point of view, I admit. I thought he looked competent at C, but his ceiling as a goal scoring winger appears much higher.
I think he’s too smart to be relegated to wing in the long run.

Also: I most certainly have not been belligerent (on this point of discussion).