***** Brassard to Penguins *****

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:01 pm

And you people complained about the need distinct threads. ;)

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Pure theft from FLPensFan

"Here it is straight from the CBA, section 50.5,sub items (e) (iii)(A)
For the remaining term of Traded Player's SPC, the Club from which the Player is Traded may agree to retain no more than fifty (50) percent of the Averaged Amount of such SPC's remaining term ("Retained Salary Transaction" and the particular SPC, a "Retained Salary SPC"). In each Retained Salary Transaction, the percentage allocation of the retained Averaged Amount cannot be altered from year to year."

... cannot be altered year to year... That would mean that if you 40% this year, you need to do 40% each year for the rest of the term.
Yea, it looks like the retention confusion stems from a poorly worded tweet from Garrioch. It HAS to be 40% retention in both years.

Tico Rick

Postby Tico Rick » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:07 pm

That 40% retention next year makes it a great trade.

And Toronto is still sending checks to Phil. :thumb:

spiritfan

Postby spiritfan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:09 pm

"I'd rather face him in round 4 than round 2" So says GMGM

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 pm

pp.com has changed the wording in their announcement: "The Golden Knights are retaining 40% of Brassard's contract over the next two seasons."

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Rutherford directly stated that Reaves was insisted upon so it was necessary.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 pm

That’s pretty remarkable...and super.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Holy ****... What a trade

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:33 pm

Since I was apparently a topic on one of their podcasts:

Cue Pens Blog posts about GMGR being a dottering fool, who was actually out to lunch.

What a clown show.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:39 pm

Shero who?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Cue Pens Blog posts about GMGR being a dottering fool, who was actually out to lunch.

What a clown show.
Wait what?
Pens Blog is still a thing?

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 pm

I don't really understand the Lindberg and Dunn inclusions. Lindberg is a 22yr AHLer, so there is always a possibility... but Dunn is a meh ECHLer. Both are RFAs this summer. I don't see Dunn getting resigned. Lindberg is possible.

Cole and Reaves were obviously not favorites of Sullivan. I suspect that he is happy through subtraction.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:50 pm

I don't really understand the Lindberg and Dunn inclusions. Lindberg is a 22yr AHLer, so there is always a possibility... but Dunn is a meh ECHLer. Both are RFAs this summer. I don't see Dunn getting resigned. Lindberg is possible.

Cole and Reaves were obviously not favorites of Sullivan. I suspect that he is happy through subtraction.
50 man roster clears? Who knows.

spiritfan

Postby spiritfan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:59 pm

what happens if GMJR makes more cap space room and bring backs Cole... like tomorrow

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:04 pm

What a clown show.
Wait what?
Pens Blog is still a thing?
The same way The Tonight Show is

meecrofilm

Postby meecrofilm » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 pm

The same way The Tonight Show is
Indeed. It really isn't.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:35 pm

The disappointment at r/hockey has been replaced with salt, lol. Everyone is mad at VGK for eating more of Brassard's salary.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:15 am

What a move by Rutherford.

I guess Vegas felt they owed us one for Fleury

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:35 am

Pens are now up to 46 contracts. Vegas has 43 and Ottawa has 47. Based on my understanding of internet speculation and rumors as to why the original trade was rejected, Lindberg and Dunn were not part of the original traded and were added into Brassard Trade 2.0 to "legitimize" Vegas retaining salary. Brassard needed to become a legitimate part of their roster for whatever minimum period of time in order to facilitate the trade. So while the trade is being presented as a three team deal, it was actually something more like this:

- Ottawa trades Brassard to Vegas for Tobias Lindberg.
- Pittsburgh trades Cole, Gustavsson, a 1st, and a 3rd to Ottawa for Dunn, Lindberg, and a 3rd
- Vegas adds Brassard to roster for 45 seconds before trading him to Pittsburgh for Reaves and a 4th while retaining 40% of Brassard's salary

The original version of the deal had no transaction linking Vegas and Ottawa and wouldn't allow Vegas to retain salary on a player that was never actually on their roster. Including the scrub prospects made that possible and Ottawa is so damn cheap they don't even want to write minor league paychecks for these guys, so they were sent to us.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:26 am

It seems Vegas made the salary concession so that Brassard didn't go to the west namely Winnipeg. That's hilarious.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:49 am

The disappointment at r/hockey has been replaced with salt, lol. Everyone is mad at VGK for eating more of Brassard's salary.
Very much this. I have enjoyed reading the threads.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:44 am

Good times.

darkstar57

Postby darkstar57 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:57 am

Shero who?
Shero made some abosutely amazing trades. His problem was he started to chase the big name trade but not looking the impact to the team. He doing a very nice job in Newark right now.

Rutherford does care so much as a name but more if that player fits a need the team needs

spiritfan

Postby spiritfan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:05 am

Pens are now up to 46 contracts. Vegas has 43 and Ottawa has 47. Based on my understanding of internet speculation and rumors as to why the original trade was rejected, Lindberg and Dunn were not part of the original traded and were added into Brassard Trade 2.0 to "legitimize" Vegas retaining salary. Brassard needed to become a legitimate part of their roster for whatever minimum period of time in order to facilitate the trade. So while the trade is being presented as a three team deal, it was actually something more like this:

- Pittsburgh trades Cole, Gustavsson, a 1st, and a 3rd to Ottawa for Dunn, Lindberg, and a 3rd
- Vegas adds Brassard to roster for 45 seconds before trading him to Pittsburgh for Reaves and a 4th while retaining 40% of Brassard's salary

The original version of the deal had no transaction linking Vegas and Ottawa and wouldn't allow Vegas to retain salary on a player that was never actually on their roster. Including the scrub prospects made that possible and Ottawa is so damn cheap they don't even want to write minor league paychecks for these guys, so they were sent to us.
Is this even possible in NHL 2018 for the Sega Genesis ?

spiritfan

Postby spiritfan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:05 am

Is this even possible in NHL 2018 for the Sega Genesis ?