Sheary injured, out week-to-week

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:18 am

Head coach Mike Sullivan said winger Conor Sheary is week-to-week with a lower-body injury. He finished the Penguins' 5-2 win over San Jose on Tuesday, but missed practice on Wednesday while being evaluated.

"Conor is a really good player, he's not an easy guy to replace," Sullivan said. "He brings a certain dimension to our team. I think that helps us win games. But certainly we have capable people. We have capable guys that we can plug in that give us an opportunity to continue to win games. We have some versatility with our wings that I think is part of the strength of this team."

One of those wings is Bryan Rust, somebody that Sullivan has been praising for his ability to move up, down, left, right - all over the lineup. And with Sheary out, it looks like Rust will move from right wing on the fourth line with Jean-Sebastien Dea and Tom Kuhnhackl to right wing on the top line with Dominik Simon and Sidney Crosby. Ryan Reaves slotted in to the spot Rust vacated.

"That's definitely something I am proud of and it's something I think allows me to help this team best I can," Rust said of his versatility. "I just need to be aware of more of those little passing plays and being ready all over the ice, because playing with Sid and Dom, those guys make plays pretty much anywhere on the ice."

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:45 am

it's funny that this blurb felt the need to qualify rust as a replacement. dude is a playoff hero. we good.

...but i'm not thrilled about this sprong situation. this is not how i pictured this playing out.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Dude is 20 years old, in his first full professional season after missing half of his final junior season due to injury, is immensely talented but has obvious holes in other areas of his game, can play one wing position, and is trying to crack the roster of the defending Stanley Cup Champions, who have had few forward injuries this season, had a third year pro emerge as a capable player, and whose rostered wing depth is so deep they had nowhere to plug Bryan Rust into the lineup but the 4th line. How'd you picture it playing out? Trading Kessel to make room for him?

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Poor Sheary. Gets his own thread and there are more posts about Sprong than him.

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:30 pm

How'd you picture it playing out? Trading Kessel to make room for him?

Was that meant as a joke or ironic? Because there were comments to that affect not so long ago...

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:32 pm

How'd you picture it playing out? Trading Kessel to make room for him?

Was that meant as a joke or ironic? Because there were comments to that affect not so long ago...
It's my first step in outing shmenguin as pathological liar Jason Mackey.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:33 pm

Dickie has been on the trade Kessel bandwagon since Day 1.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Dickie has been on the trade Kessel bandwagon since Day 1.
I think you meant Idiot40.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Oh, I forgot all about that clown.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:41 pm

I'm as anti-trade Kessel as you could get. I hope he's here forever.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Dude is 20 years old, in his first full professional season after missing half of his final junior season due to injury, is immensely talented but has obvious holes in other areas of his game, can play one wing position, and is trying to crack the roster of the defending Stanley Cup Champions, who have had few forward injuries this season, had a third year pro emerge as a capable player, and whose rostered wing depth is so deep they had nowhere to plug Bryan Rust into the lineup but the 4th line. How'd you picture it playing out? Trading Kessel to make room for him?
If this is like the GoT thread, I will wait 24 hours for your revised post after several applications of chill.

I was hoping he'd be in the lineup - somewhere. I was hoping he would have more than 2 goals. I am clearly a mad man. I also don't lose sleep over this topic, yet I brought it up casually on the internet anyways.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:20 pm

If this is like the GoT thread, I will wait 24 hours for your revised post after several applications of chill.

I was hoping he'd be in the lineup - somewhere. I was hoping he would have more than 2 goals. I am clearly a mad man. I also don't lose sleep over this topic, yet I brought it up casually on the internet anyways.
More lies.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Oh, I forgot all about that clown.
Correct response.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 pm

He was here for a while as Craig, wasn't he?

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:28 pm

@slappybrown is tight with him :pop:

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:36 pm

There's concern over Sprong? How/why?

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Probably because Poulliot.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:45 pm

There's concern over Sprong? How/why?
i don't have concerns for his long term future. but he is an exciting player who i was hoping would contribute this year. so i am slightly disappointed he hasn't stuck.

this is the extent of the concern expressed in this thread

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Oh ok. I was gonna say, his stock is up. He's turning potential energy in the Q into kinetic energy in the pros. He's a first-year pro that is working the minesies and hasn't looked out of place early in his NHL career. He is tracking towards being an impactful scorer at this level. Even if he can't crack the Cup champs' lineup...and those reasons are not entirely merit-based...

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:29 pm

Sprong has the mensies?

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:29 pm

haha minesies = minors

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:02 pm

More lies.