The #Pens have acquired Ryan Reaves and a 2nd round pick for Oskar Sundqvist and the 31st overall pick.

Factorial

The #Pens have acquired Ryan Reaves and a 2nd round pick for Oskar Sundqvist and the 31st overall pick.

Postby Factorial » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:26 am

At the rate that you're scaring people away from here, it might be just you and your brother here in about a month crazy that you guys keep ending up alone in all walks of life
And because you two are having issues, you take shots at me? Alone in what sense?

Waffles
Location: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Postby Waffles » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:37 am

;_;

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:05 am

crazy that you guys keep ending up alone in all walks of life
this was objectively out of bounds. the rest has been enjoyable.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 am

I haven't been able to watch much but Reaves is third in PIM. is this something to worry about?

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 am

He prefaced it with, effectively, "I don't know what I'm talking about"...which was evident with how he loaded the question, but, yeah, I mean what can we expect...the guy takes his balls out in public when he urinates and thinks a straw has two holes but shirts have one...just be thrilled we got a hockey discussion semi generated... :lol:

Ya know, I actually browsed, briefly, LGP for the first time in at least a couple years...there's not really a lot going on there where I popped in...our NPR is more active and the GDTs/season discussion don't seem as active as I would have guessed...FlPF is there, but not a lot of others that I immediately recognized, maybe one or two whose names already escape me...I wonder if we shouldn't do another round of invites soon...
Did you miss me over there? HA!

Frankly, there is 1 person over there that seems to really know what he is talking about. There are about 3 or 4 other people that can actually carry on a decent hockey conversation. Most of the rest just regurgitate things that were said on the radio the day before, or in a online article/blog, and present it as their own opinion/idea... then get confused and defensive when you question the idea because as they didn't come up with it they really didn't think about it before posting and can't support the opinion.

While no one is at the level of CG, there are a few straight up morons.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:55 am

I haven't been able to watch much but Reaves is third in PIM. is this something to worry about?
Nah, not really. I think it includes a couple of misconducts as well. He has taken maybe two or three questionable penalties, but not so many that I'd worry about.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:58 am

Nah. He only has 8 minors, which is behind Letang, Horny, Guentzy, Sid, and Malkin. League wide he sits tied at 48th in minor penalties. His four major penalties are fourth in the league and his league leading three misconduct penalties only serve to inflate his PIMS and further limit his ice time.

The bigger concern is that the Pens have taken the second most minor penalties in the league and have also been shorthanded the second most times in the league while putting forth a **** penalty kill on a nightly basis.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:09 pm

He prefaced it with, effectively, "I don't know what I'm talking about"...which was evident with how he loaded the question, but, yeah, I mean what can we expect...the guy takes his balls out in public when he urinates and thinks a straw has two holes but shirts have one...just be thrilled we got a hockey discussion semi generated... :lol:

Ya know, I actually browsed, briefly, LGP for the first time in at least a couple years...there's not really a lot going on there where I popped in...our NPR is more active and the GDTs/season discussion don't seem as active as I would have guessed...FlPF is there, but not a lot of others that I immediately recognized, maybe one or two whose names already escape me...I wonder if we shouldn't do another round of invites soon...

Frankly, there is 1 person over there that seems to really know what he is talking about. There are about 3 or 4 other people that can actually carry on a decent hockey conversation. Most of the rest just regurgitate things that were said on the radio the day before, or in a online article/blog, and present it as their own opinion/idea... then get confused and defensive when you question the idea because as they didn't come up with it they really didn't think about it before posting and can't support the opinion.

I knew you were here though, at least part-time haha. Yeah I didn't get a good feel for it, but I expected more volume (twss?), so I appreciate the run down. A lot of people just try to regurgitate stuff without actually digesting what's being said, I guess I get the "I'll sound smart" aspect to it, until you run into someone that actually wants to engage. Then again, most people don't listen in conversations anymore, they just wait for their turn to talk again and, in the meantime, have no clue what you said...so a lot of stuff goes unchallenged.

I do not miss the morons and am thankful that I don't think there are many here...I guess that's the trade off, a board that is somewhat checked out rarely has a fire to put out...i.e. a crzymike type of post...

I wonder aloud if the newer crowd just debates and conversates on f***book and twitter or if they even really bother at all...I don't know the answer to that...maybe MIMH knows...?

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 pm

He got 24 minutes in the Nashville game (2 fights, double-minor rough vs Hartnell, misconduct vs Hartnell)
He got 10 minute misconduct at the end of the 10-1 Chicago game, but no other penalties given (?)
He got 10 minute misconduct at the end of the 7-1 Jets game, B.Lemieux got a 10 as well.

Outside of those 3 games he has 22 PIMs (2 fights and 6 minors)

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:17 pm

Nah, not really. I think it includes a couple of misconducts as well. He has taken maybe two or three questionable penalties, but not so many that I'd worry about.
This is right. I can think of one penalty (doesn't mean there was only one) that sucked this year...and it was already referenced by MR25...

I think I posted somewhere after we got him that his "un-evened-up minors" to hits ratio was just about peerless...he brings a good deal of physicality and not a lot of mess...unlike, say, Downie...

Reaves and Kuhn are far out in front in terms of hits on the team...like I said, I actually like the job they've done...they all only play 7 or 8 ES minutes per night and they're a combined plus-5 at home (+7 if you include McKegg). Then again, most of the team isn't a minus at home this year...on the road, we've been filled in almost all season long... :cry:

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:25 pm

I knew you were here though, at least part-time haha. Yeah I didn't get a good feel for it, but I expected more volume (twss?), so I appreciate the run down. A lot of people just try to regurgitate stuff without actually digesting what's being said, I guess I get the "I'll sound smart" aspect to it, until you run into someone that actually wants to engage. Then again, most people don't listen in conversations anymore, they just wait for their turn to talk again and, in the meantime, have no clue what you said...so a lot of stuff goes unchallenged.

I do not miss the morons and am thankful that I don't think there are many here...I guess that's the trade off, a board that is somewhat checked out rarely has a fire to put out...i.e. a crzymike type of post...

I wonder aloud if the newer crowd just debates and conversates on f***book and twitter or if they even really bother at all...I don't know the answer to that...maybe MIMH knows...?

Due to the average quality of hockey post/opinion here I suppose that i am a very different poster here. HOWEVER... I do not venture to much into the "Off Topic" area. Only into a very few threads in there. Maybe that is where most of the hostility starts here. There... it is just reading stupid hockey comment after stupid hockey comment some days.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Source of the post Due to the average quality of hockey post/opinion here
:lol:

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:06 pm

this is an interesting question. it seems like millennials in general are less geeky about sports. but i have nothing to base that off of.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:32 pm

my guess is reddit. I really only go on the fantasy football sub and that's 50/50 for shitposts and legitimate posts and I'm guessing the Penguins sub and any other sport related sub is similar

in general I think the internet is going down the shitter in terms of conversation quality. Everyone is so reactive and unironically over-the-top

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Oh yeah, reddit...I'm not much of a user of it, so I didn't think of it...that makes some sense...

There's too much going on there for me and I don't really like how it's formatted...

I briefly was (was briefly?) on the Penguins.com board - probably close to 10 years ago...I'm not sure that that still exists or not...

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:55 pm

/r/penguins is nothing but memes, just like /r/steelers is nothing but memes about the killer B's and how bad Big Ben has been (he isn't).

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Agreed, Morkle. /r/hockey is generally decent, though. Same goes for /r/nfl.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:03 pm

You guys could always try hfboards :pop:

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Source of the post Due to the average quality of hockey post/opinion here
:lol:

Comparably between the two sites being discussed...

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Oh yeah, reddit...I'm not much of a user of it, so I didn't think of it...that makes some sense...

There's too much going on there for me and I don't really like how it's formatted...

I briefly was (was briefly?) on the Penguins.com board - probably close to 10 years ago...I'm not sure that that still exists or not...
Reddit is bad if you use the web site. Terrific if you find the right app. R/hockey has some cool, thoughtful threads. And the voting system hides the muck.

...but boy do those people hate a winner. And we follow a winner.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Pretty much why I don't go there. I get tired of reading gems like this.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:24 pm

The Flyers 7-game losing streak getting 2500 upvotes made up for that thread.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:25 pm

Quite true.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:27 pm

On a related note, that one Pens fan who spent that last year or two defending Pouliot like his life depended on it changed his alias because of it. That's still hilarious to me.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Pretty much why I don't go there. I get tired of reading gems like this.
but even with this, you typically get fairly eloquent push back that isn't downvoted into bolivian.