The #Pens have acquired Ryan Reaves and a 2nd round pick for Oskar Sundqvist and the 31st overall pick.

dodint

The #Pens have acquired Ryan Reaves and a 2nd round pick for Oskar Sundqvist and the 31st overall pick.

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:36 pm

...but boy do those people hate a winner. And we follow a winner.
Pretty much why I don't go there. I get tired of reading gems like this.
reddit sports in a nutshell:
Nah, not retarded. Might be from taking a bunch of pucks to the mask but I can tell you this. Judging by your reply, you probably haven't played competitive hockey at a high level.
Actually, maybe it is for you, mikey.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Zing. In fairness though, my issue is with people defending indefensible (largely) opinions...even so, I'm different than I was back in my LGP days I think...I picked a lot more fights for no real reason at all...scatterbrained and disjointed...

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:47 pm

No place for fairness here.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:51 pm

That's fair...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:21 am

...but boy do those people hate a winner. And we follow a winner.
Pretty much why I don't go there. I get tired of reading gems like this.
CHECK OUT THIS LE EPIC GEM

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:55 pm

You bait by saying "Bad trade or worst trade?" Then 4 hours later say "I'll take it." ?
I *gasp* change my opinion? Shocking on the internet I know.

Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:18 pm

You bait by saying "Bad trade or worst trade?" Then 4 hours later say "I'll take it." ?

Your opinion huh? Or just going with the flock. The winds seemed to be negative on Reaves so you post a rather strong condemnation, then a few people post positive comments and... within hours a 180... well... gotta stay with the flock.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Are you a special kind of dummy?

mikey

Postby mikey » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Your opinion huh? Or just going with the flock. The winds seemed to be negative on Reaves so you post a rather strong condemnation, then a few people post positive comments and... within hours a 180... well... gotta stay with the flock.
This is what happened, it's a good call by you. Actually, the whole sequence is vintage internet-ing...minus you calling it out haha

columbia

Postby columbia » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:50 pm

One of the more absurd Internet dynamics:

1. Person expresses opinion
2. Others disagree
3. Dialogue ensues
4. Original person says, "Yeah, I guess you are right."
5. Others criticize original person for changing his/her opinion

mikey

Postby mikey » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Nah...that's what it's masquerading as...which is fine, this is not a big deal of course...but this was not framed like that...it wasn't an honest appeal for dialogue...it's a necessary social distinction in this situation for those that care to examine that type of thing...it's also not limited to internet interaction...

Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:21 pm

Someone tell you to say that or did you come up with that on your own? ... for a change...

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:24 pm

I am, if we're keeping score.

Jim

Postby Jim » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 pm

1. Person expresses opinion that was never really their own
2. Others disagree
3. Dialogue ensues or really doesn't as it is not nearly enough to be called a dialogue
4. Original person says, "Yeah, I guess you are right" because they never actually held the original opinion that they posted in the first place
5. Others criticize original person for changing his/her opinion because they deserved to be publicly mocked
Fixed for you.

"Bad trade or worst trade" is moronic. Doing a 180 within hours and only a couple counter posts is pathetic. I might be a jerk, but at least my opinions are actually mine.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:39 pm

2. Others disagree
3. Dialogue ensues or really doesn't as it is not nearly enough to be called a dialogue
4. Original person says, "Yeah, I guess you are right" because they never actually held the original opinion that they posted in the first place
5. Others criticize original person for changing his/her opinion because they deserved to be publicly mocked
Fixed for you.

"Bad trade or worst trade" is moronic. Doing a 180 within hours and only a couple counter posts is pathetic. I might be a jerk, but at least my opinions are actually mine.
Hyperbole isn't your strong suit is it?

Jim

Postby Jim » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:31 pm

2. Others disagree
Fixed for you.

Hyperbole isn't your strong suit is it?

Maybe not, but you got the other two parts down pat.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:45 am

What's Kingerski's opinion on Reaves. whatever it is, I disagree with it.