GDT: Pittsburgh v Columbus -Game Dos- 7:00pm EDT

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:31 am

Wake up 5AF, it's a hockey night in Pittsburgh.

Yesterday's practice lines:

https://twitter.com/PensJG/status/852557865059569664

https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/sta ... 9881843715

I'd be surprised if Fleury wasn't in net tonight.

The Columbus BJ's line up tonight:
As always, LET'S GO PENS!!!

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:46 am

Maintenance days for Daley and Rust yesterday.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:46 am

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:48 am

Murray's unavailable. So that would be surprising if Fleury wasn't in net

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:49 am

Murray's unavailable. So that would be surprising if Fleury wasn't in net
Even if Murray was healthy, I'd be surprised to see him. Fleury was so strong Game 1. Gotta ride the hot hand.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:50 am

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:53 am

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/852573025732112384
Coach Sullivan: "Fleury is gonna play tomorrow and Tristan Jarry is gonna back up."

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:19 am

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:03 pm

Seems like it will be the second consecutive game where young Markus Nutivaara won't get a jersey in favor of younger Gabriel Carlsson. Maybe I am just not familiar enough with both players, but I'm surprised Nutivaara (who doesn't seem to be a Torts favorite, to be fair) is swapped out in back to back games...

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:08 pm

So, I made the always disappointing mistake of checking HFboards.

What a bunch of pretentious douchebags that post over there, Penguin "fans"... yeah mmmhmmmm

"I think Cbus takes this one, Fleury lets in 2 softies 5-3"
"Yeah, I think playoff Fleury comes back, 4-2"

lol wut?

Penguins 3-2 in OT. Fleury shuts the door.

HFboards penguin section can go **** themselves. What a sad excuse for a bunch of "fans". Its one thing to be realistic and critical about your team's players but holy ****, its like their actively rooting for the guy to fail.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Yeah, they really hate Fleury. I don't get it.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Blows my mind. The guy has been nothing but the ideal team member for the organization since he was 18 years old and the team was a sh*t show.

Whats there to hold a grudge about? the 2012 playoffs? That was that douchebag Dan Abysmal's fault.

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:17 pm

I like him. :)

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:19 pm

One perk of a smaller community (where only 9 posters even talk about hockey) is there is no hivemind situation usually...in the rare instance that I poke my head into there, it's usually just people that have no idea what's happening on the rink (80+%), antiquated/pre-conceived notions about a player, or empty calculator jockeys...

And if you say something "different" you're asked to "prove it" (in so many words) from each of those three points of view, each of which has their own pitfalls...I'm not sure I even have five posts in that team forum...

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Blows my mind. The guy has been nothing but the ideal team member for the organization since he was 18 years old and the team was a sh*t show.

Whats there to hold a grudge about? the 2012 playoffs? That was that douchebag Dan Abysmal's fault.
I like to refer to it as DIABLADOMA
Draftnik's Irrational And Bitter Loathing And Disgust Of Marc-Andre
There is no cure.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Even the past few years, Fleury has been pretty good in the playoffs hasn't he? Obviously last year with Murray was different but I don't recall him being "playoff Fleury" since 2012. Maybe game 2 or 3 vs Boston in 2013 where he got yanked, but since then he's been fine in the playoffs.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Since the Islanders series in 2013, I think.

He was fine save the one brain fart against Cbus in 2014, and was the best player (arguably) in 2015 (given that literally everyone else was injured).

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:32 pm

One perk of a smaller community (where only 9 posters even talk about hockey) is there is no hivemind situation usually...in the rare instance that I poke my head into there, it's usually just people that have no idea what's happening on the rink (80+%), antiquated/pre-conceived notions about a player, or empty calculator jockeys...

And if you say something "different" you're asked to "prove it" (in so many words) from each of those three points of view, each of which has their own pitfalls...I'm not sure I even have five posts in that team forum...
I feel like the reason I don't talk as much hockey because I moved out of Pittsburgh and life is busy and I don't catch as many games but really the reason is I completely trust Jim Rutherford and Mike Sullivan and I love the identity of this team.

Its completely different then the Shero teams where we had no forward depth, scratch that, just no depth (Not blaming him completely most of these young upstarts are his draft picks)

I'm not speculating about how much better our team would be if we just acquired someone like a Taylor Hall or some star complimentary winger, we have one, his name is Stanley Cup Champion Phil Kessel. I also completely trust that the powers that be know the this team's most immediate concern right now is the future of the number 1 D spot.

When your happy with a team's identity I think you just shut up and wish for the large amount of luck it takes to get 16.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Even the past few years, Fleury has been pretty good in the playoffs hasn't he? Obviously last year with Murray was different but I don't recall him being "playoff Fleury" since 2012. Maybe game 2 or 3 vs Boston in 2013 where he got yanked, but since then he's been fine in the playoffs.
How many **** goals did the team score against boston lol? (I know you aren't saying fleury was the problem but I just had to get that out there)

1 IIRC. That was the most disappointing playoff series I've ever witnessed in my life. God, I'm still in the process of wiping that from my memory.

IanMoran

Postby IanMoran » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:36 pm

I feel like the reason I don't talk as much hockey because I moved out of Pittsburgh and life is busy and I don't catch as many games but really the reason is I completely trust Jim Rutherford and Mike Sullivan and I love the identity of this team.

Its completely different then the Shero teams where we had no forward depth, scratch that, just no depth (Not blaming him completely most of these young upstarts are his draft picks)

I'm not speculating about how much better our team would be if we just acquired someone like a Taylor Hall or some star complimentary winger, we have one, his name is Stanley Cup Champion Phil Kessel. I also completely trust that the powers that be know the this team's most immediate concern right now is the future of the number 1 D spot.

When your happy with a team's identity I think you just shut up and wish for the large amount of luck it takes to get 16.
I stopped posting in general, but when I came back (due to work stuff), I just don't like the format PR has developed. 1 main thread of randomness is kind of hard to follow for me when I just peak in every so often, rather than just different subjects. I guess that's probably needed though if not many people are posting.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:38 pm

How many **** goals did the team score against boston lol? (I know you aren't saying fleury was the problem but I just had to get that out there)

1 IIRC. That was the most disappointing playoff series I've ever witnessed in my life. God, I'm still in the process of wiping that from my memory.
Oh for sure, but I recall there was a game that he gave up like 5 or 6 or something like that. In any case, he's been fine. And he'll be fine. If they don't win the cup this year, he's likely not going to be the reason.

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:41 pm

I stopped posting in general, but when I came back (due to work stuff), I just don't like the format PR has developed. 1 main thread of randomness is kind of hard to follow for me when I just peak in every so often, rather than just different subjects. I guess that's probably needed though if not many people are posting.
I think the vast majority of members agree with you but you have Nazis like dodint and mikey who harass anyone who makes a thread.

Its kind of ironic because dodint called that David Dao guy a selfish prick for not "thinking about the other passengers of his flight and the flights those standby members had to crew", meanwhile dodint doesn't give a **** about anyone here more than his own OCD and neuroticism

:lol:

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:01 pm

:pop:

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:01 pm

To be clear, new threads are good for newsworthy items. But too much conversation between already a small amount of people was tracking into other, similar threads and actually, in my eyes, hampered conversation...

If there is no thread for "nonsense" - like weird little facts, infographics, etc. it simply won't get posted. It's not thread-worthy and fits into no other reasonable umbrella...