When will it be over for you?

No Look Drop Pass

Postby No Look Drop Pass » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:58 pm

It was the Blue Jackets game. I've just lost the ability to explain/defend these Pens.

Even if they somehow make the playoffs, they're going to lose, badly.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:07 pm

When Mario sells the team. That'll probably be the last string cut from when the team could've actually been a dynasty.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:11 pm

July 2009.

IanMoran

Postby IanMoran » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:11 pm

When they're officially eliminated. I have 0 confidence, but stranger things happen

mikey

Postby mikey » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:12 pm

When it's actually over...

FreeCandy44

Postby FreeCandy44 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Robot B9

Postby Robot B9 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Yeah, this. As dour as I am, I still have hope/excitement. But this week is going to be a nerve jangler.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:28 pm

wallflower

Postby wallflower » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:32 pm

I had really low expectations coming into this season (just based on my opinion of the team & how I perceived their character) but they went way beyond anything I could have predicted. I'm quite baffled by everything to be honest.

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:33 pm

They have to at least get into the playoffs. No playoffs will be bad for business.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:34 pm

this team can win the whole thing, or be swept in the first round.

this is why they play the games, I guess.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:52 pm

Of course they could. But if you're looking at it realistically there's a very low chance of that happening.

This team is dangerously close to being San Jose and/or Vancouver when they just couldn't let go and started trying to force things despite the writing on the wall that they needed to retool. I sound so negative because I can see it happening just like with the Sedins/Luongo, just like with Thornton/Marleau/Boyle. It's coming and it's coming a lot faster than any of us thought.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Of course they could. But if you're looking at it realistically there's a very low chance of that happening.
but I'm not going to convince myself that it can't happen.

one thing I hate about sports boards is that everyone "decides" the team's fate before the conclusion actually happens. So what if the probability is low? We have two of the top 5 players in the world and one of the best defensemen (assuming he comes back in time). This team has a tremendous ceiling.

Honestly, I think an ideal scenerio is for us to play the Canadiens in the first round so if we win (which is not ridiculous) we would get Detroit or Tampa. If we could stay away from the other Metro teams until the conference finals, that would give us the best chance of winning.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:01 pm

one thing I hate about sports boards is that everyone "decides" the team's fate before the conclusion actually happens. So what if the probability is low? We have two of the top 5 players in the world and one of the best defensemen (assuming he comes back in time). This team has a tremendous ceiling.

Honestly, I think an ideal scenerio is for us to play the Canadiens in the first round so if we win (which is not ridiculous) we would get Detroit or Tampa. If we could stay away from the other Metro teams until the conference finals, that would give us the best chance of winning.
Go back a couple years and put yourself in a Canuck or Shark fan's shoes. They were saying the same things. They had world class players, they had a window, and then it all fell apart very very slowly.

When you get to the point where you're trying to map out an "easy" path through the playoffs IMO that means the team is in major decline.

darkstar57

Postby darkstar57 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:14 pm

I agree, you never know whats going to set off a team on a run where they just rip off a bunch of wins and you start scratching your head going huh i didn't think they had it in them.

The past few years have been way to easy for the team (and as fans ourselves). Shero was making the right moves in the regular season, we cruised through. Than the playoffs hit and we where all disappointed.

This year has been really completely different, while Rutherford & Co have done a good job i think trying to transition the team on the fly, there are still so very big open questions i fully expect another offseason of retooling the team

One thing i would like to see is them taking a stance and stop the trading of draft picks,

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:17 pm

Just think how good the season recap video will be after they win the cup.
Against the Odds
One From the Heart
Whatever the 09 one was called
One Foot in the Grave...?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:18 pm

Just think how good the season recap video will be after they win the cup.
Against the Odds
One From the Heart
Whatever the 09 one was called
One Foot in the Grave...?
they're all going to suck because they're just going to have Fallout Boy music playing in them.

IMMMMMMMMMMMORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTALSSSSSSS IMMORTALS

NAN

Postby NAN » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:43 pm

If the sens win tonight and yhe pens lay a stinker against them on tuesday. Then about one week later I will forget and like them again.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:45 pm

oh and we're ahead both Boston and Detroit right now. So they're more likely to be taken over by the Sens than us right now.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:58 pm

oh and we're ahead both Boston and Detroit right now. So they're more likely to be taken over by the Sens than us right now.
What? We all have 95 points.The likely hood of Ottawa catching Boston and Detroit is no greater than them over taking us. Esp since OTT has a head to head with us.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:11 pm

What? We all have 95 points.The likely hood of Ottawa catching Boston and Detroit is no greater than them over taking us. Esp since OTT has a head to head with us.
We have more ROW

EdOlczyk

Postby EdOlczyk » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:33 pm

PUT A FORK IN 'EM!

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:47 pm

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:16 pm

January 1st, 2011

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:21 pm

When Mario sells the team. That'll probably be the last string cut from when the team could've actually been a dynasty.
This is the second time I've seen this "Mario is selling the the team" comment. Is there any source for this?